Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe

(she/her)

I can't play Souls games, but luckily the director's cut of Death Stranding just came to PC, so I'm playing that dang game a THIRD time. Maybe I'll hundred percent it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe

(she/her)

Jolo posted:

There's just a lot of things in the game that make it annoying to play. You have to check in at the Navigation stations constantly and listen to a computer tell you where to go which takes away from the exploration fun.

Yeah, but enough about Metroid: Dread

Philippe

(she/her)

The Death Stranding Director's Cut is amazing. You get a cute robot friend who follows you around and helps you carry stuff! The main issue is that it's so loud. Death Stranding is a game about slowly walking across a wasteland with your backpack full of live fish and motor parts, but the feeling of beautiful desolation is slightly ruined by having someone else next to you going STOMP STOMP STOMP BEEP BEEP.

Philippe

(she/her)

I'm replaying The Outer Worlds, and you know what

It's fine. A thoroughly okay piece of videogame.

Philippe

(she/her)

I'm doing Parvati's side quest and it's good and cute

Philippe

(she/her)

Jolo posted:

Can you summon homies yet? They're helpful. I don't remember where you get the thing that lets you do it but you can get it early. You can't summon ghost buds everywhere but can in most places with lots of enemies.

You can only summon homies in Saints Row.

Philippe

(she/her)

I've gotten back into Red Dead Redemption 2, time to ride my horse about, yelling HEY THERE MISTER at people.

Philippe

(she/her)

It's weirdly Far Cry, isn't it

Philippe

(she/her)

Shut up! I'm Dingo!

Philippe

(she/her)

The game Lake is very chill. It's the eighties, and you're a middle-aged computer toucher who goes to her hometown to be a postwoman. There's very little stress and you can talk to people and get involved into their little lives.

However, it commits the gravest sin imaginable: You can't skip dialogue chunks, so if you read quickly (like I do) it's very frustrating to not be able to move forward.

Philippe

(she/her)

I like Satisfactory, but I've found that it's very difficult to get an overview of your factory, and the biomass burners not being automated is hella tedious (because you've got to feed them occasionally).

Philippe

(she/her)

The best way to deal with nuclear waste is to build a lot of containers in an area you don't care about and put it there.

Philippe

(she/her)

Emergent storytelling has the possibility to be great. That's why Crusader Kings and Dwarf Fortress and such are such fun to read about.

Philippe

(she/her)

Because of Jacob Geller's new video, I played How Fish Is Made, and I did it while eating breakfast.

That was a mistake.

Philippe

(she/her)

Scuba Trooper posted:

don't you have to burn a point to forget a thought? i'm a hoarder and that's antithetical to me

Yeah but you get so much xp in that game if you have Jamais Vu or Wompty-Dompty Dom Centre equipped. Letting go of things in games (or, horror of horrors, using them in a non-optimal way) is cool and good.

Philippe

(she/her)

Bobby Deluxe posted:

what does wompty dom do anyway? i should probably look up a list of what all the thoughts do now I've finished

got the good cryptid ending

It gives you 10 xp and 2 real for Encyclopedia passives (when your skills chime in during gameplay), and -2 Suggestion. It's very overpowered.

Philippe

(she/her)

Scuba Trooper posted:

instead of beating games i just get distracted by other games

I feel very attacked about this

Philippe

(she/her)

DiscoWitch posted:

I play runescape and it's chill to just sit and do farming or fishing or whatever sometimes

I kind of wish RDR2 had a more robust farming minigame. I like existing in that world, and I want more non-combat ways to make money.

Philippe

(she/her)

I've been Hitting some Mans recently, and I think Agent 47 is lowkey one of the funniest characters in videogames.

Philippe

(she/her)

Scuba Trooper posted:

one of my friends loves the poo poo out of hitman and has been known to show me all the silliest ways to kill targets in a mission

My fave is smothering Jordan with his birthday cake.

Philippe

(she/her)

Elden Ring: Holy poo poo this game is so good. I think I've found my final build now (sword and spell for squishy guys, shield and flail for hardy guys) and I'm just having such a blast.

Philippe

(she/her)

Look at this ridiculous helmet I found.

Philippe

(she/her)

The Nemesis system also has to be pretty central to the plot of the game, because it uses up so many assets and lines of code.

Philippe

(she/her)

I'm not good at computer

Philippe

(she/her)

Thief/cleric hybrid sounds like a fun Dark Souls build

Philippe

(she/her)

Can I be a dorf plz

Philippe

(she/her)

itry posted:

But, imo, it's barely a game.

Kenshi is a weird beast. It's like an Elder Scrolls game in scope (run around a huge designed world and pick up garbage, your skills improve as you use them), but there are no story, quests, or characters. There are factions and you can be sold into slavery and all that, but it's not systematized in a meaningful way, it's just there.

I think there's a good game in there, you just have to make your own fun. Your description "they made a map, got bored, and sprinkled in some NPCs and combat mechanics" is extremely apt. The Youtuber ambiguousamphibian has several Let's Plays of Kenshi if you want to see what it's like.

Philippe

(she/her)

itry posted:

Edit: In the make-your-own-fun "genre", this wouldn't be in the top anything list.

It's like Rimworld didn't have any mechanics beyond "build shelter, go to other places and take their stuff by force or by trade".

Philippe

(she/her)

ew amberPOS

Philippe

(she/her)

And Horizon Forbidden West, if you wanna do robot dinosaur archery

Philippe

(she/her)

I Am Finally Done With AC: Valhalla. I don't have to look at the ahistorical vegvisir that's splattered everywhere and listen to every word having a superfluous r at the end and people whispering macarena.

Instead I've gone back to Hardspace Shipbreaker.

Philippe

(she/her)

B33rChiller posted:

Without knowing what game that is, I choose to believe it's an alternate dimension animal crossing port that somehow found its way onto your system.

Aminals Crossing the rainbow Bridge to Vallhalla coming to virtual boy summer 1999

Assassin's Creed: New Horizons

Also Hardspace Shipbreaker has a teflon title, but it's one of the best work simulators out there.

Philippe

(she/her)

It also doesn't have Binding of Isaac's edgy 2005-era Newgrounds aesthetic. Do you like guts, crying babies, and poop? Binding of Isaac is for you!

Philippe

(she/her)

I tried playing Senua but noped out when the intrusive thoughts started. I get enough of that from my own brain, I play videogames to drown out that stuff.

Philippe

(she/her)

rear end-penny posted:

I started Hollow Knight yesterday and I'm liking it so far.

*sigh* Bapanada...

Philippe

(she/her)

I think I need to take a break from Cyberpunk 2077. I've started comparing real-life cars to their Night City counterparts, and I'm dreaming about Cyberpunk a lot.

Now I've gotta somehow choose between Elden Ring, Hardspace Shipbreaker, The Outer Worlds, Snowrunner, or Horizon Zero Dawn.

Philippe

(she/her)

Cool thanks

Philippe

(she/her)

Satisfactory is the best spaghetti simulator.

Philippe

(she/her)

I'm just playing AC Odyssey. Gotta get to the top of the mercenary pyramid, gotta kill all them cultists, gotta make my outfit real snazzy, gotta hold my nose and do the comphet DLC this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe

(she/her)

Listen bud

Do you have a machine that can play it? If yes, play it on that