Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i am he

polishthunder84 posted:

I've been playing Metal Gear Rising and i think i finally figured out this whole parry thing :getin:

So far it's pretty fun, although the lack of a dedicated block/dodge button kinda threw me off a bit at the beginning

you can parry boss attacks sometimes and do wicked damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

Pro Target posted:

mgr is the 2nd best platinum game

:nodding:

i am he

i dont know what the first best is, but mgr is really good.

i am he

Pro Target posted:

bayonetta, friend

i thought that or vanquish. im gonna get the bayonetta pack for wii u soon..

i am he

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Walkthrough
Chapter I: Genesis

Day 1:
Create Light, you'll be shocked at the combo bonuses you get off of later creations, this is the very first turn and it's the biggest opportunity for a combo generator for several years.

Day 2:
This is when you get to pick the location for your home base. I picked Heaven and this guide will assume that you did, too.

Day 3:
Start by withdrawing the waters, put your resources in to creating Sea and Earth. Your Light from Day 1 will combo off of these immediately and earn you a lot of Creation Points (CP)

Day 4:
Set up your resource production chains. This part depends on the Faith you chose at the start of the game, I'm not writing a guide for it.

Day 5:
Boss fight, just some sea beasts. They're not too bad. Once they're dead you can claim their territory, there's a lot of room for expansion so build some houses to boost pop. growth.

Day 6:
Here's where you get to design your villagers. I just chose Mankind, they're pretty average and easy to play. They mostly take care of themselves but they're locked to a Short game length, perfect for your first play.

Day 7:
Conjure yourself a beer because you can spend this whole day resting.

i am he

lmao

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

i have some tips.

gently caress everything else, upgrade stagecoach network as often as you can to the exclusion of any other buildings.
you're in the best position partywise when you can use battles as an opportunity to reduce stress and increase hp. you do this by killing all but one enemy, and then spamming heal and stress heal moves until your party is relatively intact again.
for this reason vestals are the best class and should be in every party you can manage to get them into.
moves that stun opponents are real important too. and push/pull moves are very useful. for this reason occultists are real cool (their heal thing is great, don't be put off by the bleed side effect because your party usually resists the bleed anyway)

my best party setup so far has been

vestal+occultist+crusader+leper

hahaha you play video games you piece of poo poo bitch

i am he

i deleted steam :insanity:

i am he

VWVWV posted:

ooh I haven't played this in a while! iirc it played really well with an xbox controller

I have the day off so I'm gonna spend my afternoon trying to beat champion's road in 3d world. currently meditating to fill my gamer ch'i reserves

what character are you using

i am he

VWVWV posted:

probably gonna stick with mario. I usually play as Luigi but he's just too fwiggen swippewy for this level

rosalina mate. if you arent using her the tanooki suit helps a ton.

i am he

VWVWV posted:

I've been loading up on super leaves every time as mario up until this point but now that you mention it I'll try rosalina. :)

good luck! it took me a long time to beat it, but it was really fun.

i am he

bog pixie posted:

i just got monster hunter in the mail, does anyone want to play it with me?

which one

i am he

Classicist posted:

the new one, 4, probably.

is it out?

i am he

huh

i am he

well i dont have it. sorry bog pixie.

i am he

Classicist posted:

i've got one more platinum to get in trials fusion here's me killing it on the extreme from the new dlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQJ2IQX4qIs

going to watch this later. I couldn't get any platinums on the xbla one I played.

speaking of platinum tho I just bought bayonetta 1&2 :rockin:

i am he

also I haven't forgotten about my promised Sherlock Holmes lp classicist buddy

i am he

Classicist posted:

i've got one more platinum to get in trials fusion here's me killing it on the extreme from the new dlc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQJ2IQX4qIs

holy poo poo

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

that game looks extremely retarded lmao

youre retarded

i am he

retard: durrrrr the insanely extreme and radical game where you drive a motorcycle on industrial pipes and alien motherships using torque and different rider outfits looks retarded :homer:

i am he

i am he

trials is a game that blends challenge with good clean fun. it takes skill to do well and also you can put flame decals on your bike and wear a jet fighter costume while doing wheelies and flips.

um.. ever heard of a car in REAL life?

i am he

is there a parry in bayonetta or only dodge

i am he

beer pal posted:

im playing majora's mask :-)

!! how is it? are you playing on the new 3ds?

i am he

i lost my 2ds and want to play :froggonk:

i am he

beer pal posted:

on a 3ds xl, not the one that just came out. its fun so far but i have a bit of trouble with the camera. probably better with 2 sticks.

ya thats why i asked. is there no way to control the camera except for centering it with L?

i am he

:yikes:

i am he

does anybody have the new 3ds? i tried to use one at a best buy and the second stick didnt move or anything. does it use some weird tech?

i am he

Ancient Aroma posted:

Yes, the nub is stiff if that's what you want to know

ya. i just expected it to move. i dont understand how you use it if it doesnt move.

i am he

i dont know what that is sorry

i am he

ok but ive never used one of those. ive never touched or caressed it.

i am he

Awesome! posted:

well, it's like the same thing as the nub on the new 3ds which you have touched :)

you just poke at it and it moves the mouse

the 3ds wasnt on

i am he

bayonetta 2 :cooldance:

i am he

beer pal posted:

can i come over to your house i want to play bayonetta

yeah. i'll share my jook with you too.

i am he

yeah. i beat the 1st one and then pretty much went straight to 2 and i like 2 a lot more. it might just be because i dont suck so bad like when i started 1.

i am he

short hair bayo is better and the combat/enemies are more varied since now you fight demons too

i am he

also somebody get this drat game for wii u because you can do online multiplayer o_o

i am he

Security Drone posted:

did you make some jook after the suggestion in the thread the other day or is that just a normal iamhe breakfast

that was me who brought it up

i am he

GEExCEE posted:

i don't like roguelikes

buy a wii u or 3ds mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

is the blizzard team fortress 2 rip off out yet