Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrWillsauce

does anyone have any game recommendations for me? I think I want something that's brutal in a heavy metal gutterpunk type way with gore and guts and explosions that's really visceral and satisfying and metal. I played painkiller, and I dug it a lot :rock: even though the physics were really weird and it was pretty unpolished and the asylum level spooked me out really hard because im a little bitch but it was really good and cool and awesome and punk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

is that like harvest moon, but exactly the same?

MrWillsauce

I've never played dark souls before. I think maybe I should do it.

MrWillsauce

your friend sounds like a wimp

MrWillsauce

tao of lmao posted:

Yeah, it's great.

I never really played Harvest Moon... maybe this could be a good game to get into and have that first Harvest Moon experience with. It seems pretty chill. Maybe listen to my music and farm some taters. Or does it rely on nostalgia appeal, would you say?

MrWillsauce

I think I'll check it out, then. Thanks

MrWillsauce

malcom is a sweet boy don't you hurt him

MrWillsauce

I can't get over that image :shobon:

MrWillsauce

malcom in the squiddle

MrWillsauce

I have never played a dark soul. Maybe I should do it.

MrWillsauce

any of you guys play wario world 4? I remember that game was dope

MrWillsauce

I have been getting the urge to buy a gameboy advance just to play wario world 4 on it again. I remember it was really cool and kind of creepy and fun and challenging to my eight year old self. But maybe that's just the nostalgia.

MrWillsauce

well I guess I'll have to buy the game and do a trip report about how creepy it was

MrWillsauce

I ordered warioland 4 off of amazon. It cost me 10 bucks including shipping. I'm pretty excited, guys.

MrWillsauce

just move in with your parents and post on byob all day, dude. Jobs are for suckers

MrWillsauce

I started playing dark souls and it's good but the PC port is terrible. oh well. it's still fun. I killed the chump rear end taurus demon. It's too bad nobody plays this game anymore; there was no one to invade and no one's invaded me yet.

MrWillsauce

no performance issues. It's just that the game is made for the xbox controller and all I have is a keyboard. It took me a while to get used to the controls, because the tutorial would only give me the controls in xboxese. I feel like I'm missing a lot of the finer attack strategies because of it; all I know how to do is light and strong attacks. I sometimes do jump attacks or kicks by accident but I have no idea how. Also there aren't really any graphics settings or anything. I'm still having a great time though.

MrWillsauce

okay I enabled the steam beta patch and now I'm seeing phantoms and blood messages and stuff. Thanks bacalou! I hope I get my rear end kicked by an invader soon.

MrWillsauce

I am not really a gamer I just wanted to see what dark souls is about

MrWillsauce

I'm not some kind of casual who needs a crutch like an xbox controller to win dark souls. :smug:

MrWillsauce

yeah I'll probably go to the store and pick up a gamepad in a couple days or borrow one from a friend. At the rate I'm going I might beat the game before that though. sorry draconicimpule but I haven't been recording myself. I guess maybe I could start? I'm sure there are a million guys who recorded their first runs so you can go watch any of them be stupid and it'd be just as good, though

MrWillsauce

so if I just buy a regular xbox controller will it plug into my computer or does it need an adapter or what?

MrWillsauce

cool

MrWillsauce

dual shock is playstation right? I kind of prefer the playstation style. The xbox 360 controllers are too bulky

MrWillsauce

so I think I've decided on getting a dualshock 4 for my pc so I can play dark souls and do the cool combo moves and jump attacks and poo poo. That'll work, right?

MrWillsauce

okay guys I think I'm gonna go to the Target and buy a dualshock 4... wish me luck

MrWillsauce

and it will plug and play and be cool, right? everything's gonna be cool with the dark souls?

MrWillsauce

maybe I will just get a 360 one since that's what all the controls are displayed as in dark souls. I don't have that big of a preference, I just think the dualshock looks a lot nicer and is more comfortable in the hands

MrWillsauce

maybe I will just get a 360 one since that's what all the controls are displayed as in dark souls. I don't have that big of a preference, I just think the dualshock looks a lot nicer and is more comfortable in the hands

MrWillsauce

MrWillsauce

I have no idea how that triple post happened but you made me laugh with your post bo-bepper. I straight up chuckled out loud. Anyways yeah I guess I'll get a dual shock 4... or maybe I'll just see which one is cheaper at the store. Man this is such a momentous decision.

MrWillsauce

lol bud

MrWillsauce

I think undertale is the best game ever and it's not even my favorite game. It's just, like, objectively the best game ever.

MrWillsauce

lol whaaaaaaaaaat

MrWillsauce

undertale is better than tetris and my dad can beat up all of your dads

MrWillsauce

my dad killed people domestically

MrWillsauce

hi lordvonearlduke that's cool

MrWillsauce

what other thread, moola

MrWillsauce

now will I stop dying