Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
My 2003 Tahoe is leaking coolant. I can't see precisely where it's leaking from, but it's dripping from underneath the fan onto the crank pulley. Does this sound like something a new gasket would fix, or should I replace the whole pump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

It will require further investigation to figure out where exactly the leak is coming from, but if you're going to replace the gasket (for the water pump I assume) you might as well do the water pump too since the labour is exactly the same and the only increase in price is for the cost of the pump.

How old is the pump? Is it most likely the original?

Yeah, probably. I've only owned it 3 years. It's a got a bunch of other issues I'm trying to take care of too, (that's why I'm trying to cheap out), but the water pump deal is the most urgent. I'll just replace the whole thing and quit worrying about it.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Looking for some tips and tricks to diagnose my stereo issue.

2003 Tahoe LT with the Bose sound system. The speakers do not work. Radio deck turns on and the relevant fuses look good.

The issue started a couple months ago when I left my driver side window open and it rained overnight. The window controls on the door and the speakers stopped working at the same time. I replaced the wiring harness for the door, and now the windows work, but still no sound from the speakers.

Some googling points to maybe the amp being the issue, but I'm hoping there's a way to test the amp without having to take apart the whole console.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

Just to clarify, NONE of the speakers work? I would be looking for more fuse locations. My aftermarket head unit has a fuse literally on the back of the head unit, I didn't think any OEM head units did though.

Not a one, not even a little hiss of sound. I'll have to double check for more fuse locations.