Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I have a low power scooter 50cc that I got from a guy I used to know in California he held onto the title but had repairs done here in Colorado he said if I went and paid for the repairs he would pay me back eventually and I could use the scooter for personal use.

Well that was two years ago and I have not been able to get ahold of him and I would like to get a replacement title but it looks like that will be very difficult to do without even having paperwork showing who purchased it I don't know if there are any special rules you guys know of when you've held onto a vehicle for more than a couple years I have proof I paid for the repairs but I don't think that means much I tried looking on the website but they're very shoddy on their details.

Has anyone here had to deal with a similar issue or know of a possible way I could get a title for it without having contact with the original owner

Not even sure I want to sell it it's nice for getting around but if the time comes I would like to have the title it looks like I can register it again without the title though so it's not a complete loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

That is helpful I figured it would require someone creating an authorization that I've in essence owned the bike for the last few years and therefore it should be under my name. I will look into that thanks.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

This is for a 2019 Hyundai Elantra "Value Edition" piece of poo poo

The rear brake and turn signal lamp on the passenger side don't work this started after I had to replace the front driver's side turn signal and fog lamp which came off during a snowstorm. I noticed while repairing it that the piece in the picture below was disconnected but I can't figure out where it goes what it even does and if that is part of the reason why it doesn't work:

I replaced the bulbs which had no effect and below is a picture of the wiring leading to the bulbs and it appears all the wiring is sound I don't know if there's some hidden damage in the wiring harness that I cannot see or if it is directly related to that loose piece that I found while repairing.

Any thoughts before I have to go see my dealership anyway to have them install an anti-theft device because apparently you can steal this car with a loving iPhone charger.

Edit - solved it The bulbs were swapped because I'm a big old dumbass.

Beefed Owl fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 29, 2024