Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I need wiper blade refills. You know, like the kind you used to be able to get in 1990. It's just a strip of rubber. Like, I know how to replace the rubber, I did it for years before it stopped being sold anywhere. It was fine. It took like 2 minutes longer, and didn't require matching the arm mount against one of two dozen different systems.

Let's just pretend like I have to pay $500 an ounce to throw things away, so I don't care about the quality of the wipe as much as the waste.

I've been buying some el cheapo thing off Amazon. They come in a pair that you have to pull apart, which makes all sorts of little holes in the blade that you presumably have to sand out (I've never tried). But does anyone else do just the blade refills, and know of a good quality blade refill that doesn't need any additional work to make it uniformly flat against the glass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

What happened in the last 40 years to make the baseline shitbox stereo systems sound so phenomenally better? Is it just better components, or are they tuning these to the space somehow, or something else?

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I've got a 2017 Nissan that plays MP3 files in the order they were written to the subdirectory. It sorts directory names, but not files. I don't understand how this made it into production.

In any case, I'm curious if any of you nerds have written something like a shell or Python script that will:

1. Take one or more directories full of songs as input
  2. Convert .ogg and .flac files to .mp3, copying over metadata tags
  3. Copy the .mp3 files into some other directory, with a naming template something like "$artist - $album/$trackno - $trackname.mp3"

I'll probably be writing this damned thing, but I figured, SomethingAwful is old and full of nerds, maybe somebody's already done it.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

kid sinister posted:

As for #3, bulk file renamers do exist.

Yeah I have a bulk renamer, I want something that leaves the originals and only uses this weird scheme for a handful of albums because Nissan only shows filenames. :argh:

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

In retrospect, I think I just needed somewhere to complain about my car's stereo.

Thanks for listening ;)