Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Would it be super tacky if i bought a new white camry, two tone it and add paint/decals/wings to make it look like ae86 trueno / Hachiroku?

Without the japanese characters.

How expensive is it to make a paint job additions look like its straight from factory?

Also how hard is it to keep a white car clean and not look grimy/cheap?

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Apr 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

doing it with a camry is fundamentally lame when the 86 exists

yeah but you gotta work with the car you have not the car you wish you could have. if I could walk every day to my car and say 'lets hop into the Hachiroku' then it's worth the stupid smile it will put on my face :unsmith:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

I saw a range rover with tofu livery once and it rocked.

Would it be tacky? Yes, but in a good way.

How expensive? Probably four figures. Less if you used black vinyl wrap rather than paint. You (and an artist?) might want to sit down with reference images to figure out exactly what a modern "Panda Camry" would look like (I think it would look better on the Corolla Hatchback, but you gotta work with what you have). Then find a vinyl installer who can do the work for you. You could install vinyl yourself, but it would be a try and try again process to get it looking right.

White is one of the most forgiving colors. Wash it every couple of weeks, wax it periodically. Detail the wheels. If you want to spend some money, apply a ceramic coating.

Follow your bliss!

hey dude thanks so much! I made a mockup of my own that tries to follow the spirit of the Trueno while followng the angles of the body of the car, what do you think? maybe I overdid it with the amber spots and red Advan logo triangle on the gas? would love to know what you think!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

A guy in our 86 club had this wrap, it was awesome. (he's since changed it to an MF Ghost wrap, with the same "sketch marks")

oooooohhhh this one looks great I could definitely see myself going for this wrap but without the sketch marks, I especially like the window black trim line.

can you ask your friend where he got the files for this or which designer?

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 23, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Maybe I'm a purist or something but I think if you aren't drifting your car you shouldn't put that livery on it. Absolutely it's your car and you do what you want with it but if I saw that IRL I'd think the person was a poser. With actual AE86s I think it's like okay whatever you have that type of car so you can sorta get away with it - to put it on another car seems a bit sacrilegious to me.

Ok ill just be normal with the only car i have and can afford :smith:

maybe a nice sensible ocean blue color with the two tone black roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Haha that car rules! Thanks man i will make my car what im happy with it looking like! You only live once!