Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
There's no Corvette thread so I figured I'd ask here...Anyone know of a west-coast equivalent (preferably in the valley) to Kerbeck Corvette (https://www.kerbeck.com)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Why, are you looking to buy? I'm 99% certain my dad got his old C6 through Kerbeck and they were able to have it ordered and sent to a dealership here in AZ. Neither my old man nor the car ever went anywhere near NJ.

I've started doing some market research for a terrible mistake i plan on making in the summer. I read online that they ship their cars around but if there is an equally good specialized dealer on the west, where I can just trade in my current wheels as well (I'm lazy), I'd rather go there and save on the shipping costs.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'll have to check with him but I don't think he paid anything other than a typical destination fee - Kerbeck ordered it from the factory but was able to set it up so that it never went to them to begin with.

That would be awesome, I would greatly appreciate if you did that...Their prices seem SO much better compared to any other dealership that i've found online, particularly the ones on the West Coast...

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Note that if you are buying a new car in California, it must be a California-emissions car. You can't get around it by importing a car from an out-of-state dealership.

What do you mean "California emissions"? Are Vettes destined for CA different mechanically or in terms of ECU calibration to meet different emissions standards?

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
I managed to very slowly curb the rear passenger side wheel driving out of a starbucks. Ended up with a bit of sidewall damage + wheel rash:

(ignore the clear coat falling off, that's a result of FORD-QUALITY).

Is this something that needs to be repaired? Can't see the bead under the tear, at least for now, there doesn't seem to be any loss of air. I'm just concerned a bit because I'm going to put 4000 miles on that tire in 10 days soon.

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007
How long does it take roughly for the registration of a new car to go through in CA? I got my vehicle about two weeks ago and naturally the dealer handled the paperwork. However I haven't received the plates/title/registration and the insurance company emailed me saying that they weren't able to look up the car via the DMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

EightBit posted:

Some people just don't have the spatial awareness wired up in their brains.

This is especially a problem with people who didn't learn to drive around the age when it's still easy to learn and internalize stuff. Back in grad school I knew plenty of international students who barely/never drove back home and then had to get a car to navigate daily suburbia. Scary driving right there....