Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

Do most states have no automatic headlights? Here in western Canada all cars have their headlights on if the car is on, by regulation. It's not the same for taillights though and the new cars that don't dim your instruments when your lights are off are causing a lot of morons to drive around at night with no rear lights on at all.

I believe Canada is mandating tail lights be included with the DRLs as of this year or next model year. Here's hoping that carries over to the US out of cost efficiency. The number of dark cars in the rain and fog is too drat high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Yeah and the car manufacturer can save $0.02 by removing the headlight control switch.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Funzo posted:

We got a 2013 Hyundai Accent for one of the kids, and the manual says it needs a special USB cable to connect a phone. Is that a real thing, or can I just use a regular one? It looks like the official Hyundai cable is the older style, not lightening but I guess there's still adapters out there. Do I really need to buy a Hyundai USB cable?

Some cars had a special cable that was USB + headphones on one end, 30 pin iPod on the other. Have you tried a regular cable?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I know you didn't want to kill your radio presets, but I was wondering if they still make those remote controlled car batteries. They had some kill relay inside. Google just gave me batteries for remote control cars.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I thought most dealers (new and used) used some kind of floorplan financing. I didn't think the bank holds a lien with that. Too much paperwork.