Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

So my truck (2014 F-150 Fby4) started making this noise last night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQIohQ01Eu4

Pulled the RF wheel bearing and it doesn't feel gritty and isn't making noise? No visible damage, either. It does seem to have a lot of drag in the bearing, does anybody know if this is normal for this type of sealed bearing? There's also a good bit of slack in between turning the hub and the axle moving. I've heard that these can have hub actuator problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4VH9H6f6bU

The little 13mm axle retaining bolt was absolutely precious, let me tell you. I was used to fuckoff huge axle nuts on FWD cars...this thing is silly looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Wrong thread.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Back side is a tight fit with just the wire, no jeweler's screwdriver pokey clearance

This looks like a handy thing to have around. I'll give it a crack

I got a huge assortment of depinning tools on aliexpress for like $2.50.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

I didn't have a problem with torquing by feel when most torque specs were 85-90 ft/lbs. Now that it's 120 for my truck, I'm older and weaker, and don't tighten two or three hundred lug nuts a week, I use a torque wrench. The HF one that stays in my truck is just as accurate as the Snap-On at home for this purpose.