Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
2014 VW Jetta Sportswagen 2.0L TDI 25k miles (its a working car)

While doing my route today, I had to do a typically hairy NJ driving maneuver to get out of a parking lot onto the highway using the sport mode and gunning it so I didn't get run over. I have done this a few times every night since I started this job and it was never any kind of problem until today. Ever since that particular maneuver, the alternator/battery light has been flashing at completely random intervals. I turned off all the electricity thing I could except headlights and then I didn't have any problems finishing my route which was about thirty five miles from where it first started until I got home. When I did get home and shut off the car, I heard some god awful clicking and clacking noises after I got out which did stop after a few seconds (as if the DPF regen was malfunctioning). At the end of the day, I do have fleet maintenance so I don't really need to know what the problem is but I'd like to know if there's a risk that this thing is going to up and die on me at some random point which would factor into if I take it to the nearby shop of the guy I don't trust or the one significantly farther away who I like much more and would prefer to get my company's money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
My Jetta completely died about half a mile from the shop in case anybody is wondering. Thank God for fleet response.