Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

drhankmccoyphd posted:

Thanks for the response. Here are a couple pics.

edit:
just for a bit of context I don't really care about the scuff / scratch or the car but right now I'm gunning for a trade in and I'm trying to minimize the deductions with the least amount of effort.

The least effort to not make it look like a dull mess is to take it to a paint shop. You’re through the paint on those two decent sized chips and the whole corner needs work, so it’s not gonna be easy or quick to do at home.

Other option is to ignore it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Pollyanna posted:

Doing more research on hatchbacks and I’m glad there’s more of ‘em now but - man, I honestly prefer the classic vertical door design instead of the angled liftback style. Nothing wrong with boxy in the back IMO.

The Civic is just such a good, reliable model though…if it had the Mazda 3 look, it’d be a no-brainer. Especially strange considering there’s apparently more cargo space in the Civic hatch than the Mazda despite the liftback door.

Honestly I keep coming up Civic, so it’s probably gonna be that. Maybe when I have a house and garage of my own I’ll trade into a Type R :v:

The civic gets away with more cargo space because the entire car is the size of a Buick Century. The civic is not a small car any more.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I think the civic liftback has a bit more butt behind the tires than a 3 as well, which is just straight up cargo space.

The past few generations of 3 have looked like they’ve got relatively long hoods, but I don’t think that’s true compared to other midsized cars. Just an aesthetic trick.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You’d have to cut the rust out to stop the rust. It’ll just rust under the fluid film

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

If there’s not any wires going to it (for map lights or thermometer or whatever else) you can just glue whichever rearview mirror you want in there.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

You can use a heat gun and remove the mount, giving you near limitless options

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Travic posted:

I have a 2023 Civic Si and the clutch pedal has been acting strange. For the first 2-3 presses first thing in the morning it feels creaky like it needs to be lubricated. After that it is completely smooth. The car only has 9,000 miles on it. I try to take care of the transmission/clutch, but I'd hate to think I've ruined them already. Could it really just be a lubrication issue? I checked the brake/clutch fluid and it's full. :(

It could actually be lubrication on the pedal. Is the creakiness something that feels like it’s in the hydraulic system?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Any US market hatchback Fiesta will have the same headliner, provided it does/doesnt have a sunroof like your car. No need to pay the ST tax here.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Olds was always higher than Pontiac, and this was true right up to the the end. Trim levels could take it higher than Buick and some Cadillacs, but base Oldsmobiles were never lower than Pontiacs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Deteriorata posted:

Pontiac was the sporty/specialty variant of Chevrolet. Oldsmobile the sporty/specialty version of Buick, with Cadillac at the top.

GM described their "ladder of success" as Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac.

Olds was the “tech forward” wing of the company, which is why they developed the FWD Toronado (later made into the El Dorado) and were the primary minds behind the GM EV1. First touchscreen in a car? 1989 Toronado Trofeo. Olds rarely shared parts with other branches while Pontiac and Chevy were kissing cousins. Hell, Oldsmobile had their own small block 350 with a unique architecture (I think the angle of the V was Olds only too). Olds and Buick didn’t share too much until the badge engineering of the 90s, where they just became the same brand with the same customers.

It’s a shame too, because the Cutlass was the number one selling car for almost a decade. When GM cut the tall poppies they used the excuse that Olds didn’t do anything unique compared to Buick (jeez, I wonder why that is?).

Oldsmobile should have been the brand that continued instead of Buick. But because the last Chinese Emperor loved his Buick, it had a strong cultural cache connoting power and wealth. Oldsmobile was cut and Buick was saved because the Chinese love Buicks. It was one of the most popular brands in the mid 2000s in China.

I’m just bitter because I’m an Oldsmobile man.