Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
In the state of Texas, will I fail my inspection if my ABS light is on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
Is it a pretty straight forward job to replace a busted out side mirror on a 2014 Honda Civic? I've found a site online that will sell me the painted mirror, and found some tutorial videos on Youtube, but it looks almost too deceptively easy.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I need to order a replacement hubcap for my 2014 Civic. When I check the sides of the tires it reads "195/65R15". Does this mean I have 15" hubcaps?

VVV Thank you! I measured with a ruler and the hubcap was about 16 inches so I was a bit confused. Glad I checked here first.

Trickortreat fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 24, 2023

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I need to change a damaged hubcap cover on my 2014 Civic. Do I need to use the tire jack and lift the car off the ground to change? Or can I just change out the nuts pop the damaged cover off, pop the new one in and be done with it?

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I need to get a fuse tap for 2014 Honda Civic so I can hard wire my A129 Duo Plus dashcam. Of these sizes, which ones are the ones I am looking for? If possible I just want to buy the right size fuse tap.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I am trying to identify the correct fuses to tap into in order to run a hardwire kit for a dashcam on my 9th gen civic. There are three wires. One goes to Battery, one goes to ACC and one is ground.

When I use my multimeter to identify which fuses are getting power when the ignition is off, I am getting no readings at all. What gives? I am putting the ground probe to the door hinge, and using the red tip to check the exposed metal part in the fuse. I've been watching as many tutorial videos for 9th gen civic dashcam installs as I can find, and one person mentioned in his 9th gen civic, the BATT won't get power unless the door is closed, but that doesn't make any sense to me. Would getting a circuit tester make any difference at all? I feel like voltage is voltage and multimeter SHOULD be basically the same, but I don't know too much about car electronics so I wanted to ask here.

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
Thank you so much for the guide! I found an exposed bolt, and that seems to have fixed the issue. I found fuse #27, but it seems to be getting a 12V reading without the key in the ignition. Shouldn't the Accessory Power Socket only be getting power when the ignition is turned on?

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I have a question related to fuse tap. I have placed the original fuse which is rated for 7.5 in the bottom slot. Is it ok to use a 10 amp fuse at the top of the fuse tap? Or do I need to use 7.5? My fuse tap kit came with a variety of fuses as opposed to just one color. I have the 7.5 one in slot 2, is it ok to use a 10amp one for slot 1?

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
I have a 2004 Camry that appears to have a dead battery, as it was struggling to start. The weird thing is, since I tried to crank the engine, the headlight keeps flashing on and I hear a clicking sound coming from somewhere in the engine bay. Is there a fuse that I can pull to stop this from happening? I can't imagine it'd be good for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickortreat
Oct 31, 2020
My 2004 Toyota Camry car wouldn't start, so I jumped the battery and it started up just fine. I drove around the block a few times (like 10-15 minutes or so) and confirmed that the car was starting back up without any issue. Does this mean I can rule out an issue with the car alternator since I am assuming it was able to charge up the battery during the drive?

This morning, the battery is dead again. Are there any other diagnostics or due diligence I should do on my end before taking the battery in to get a replacement since it's still under warranty?

I'm hoping the issue is with the battery, but wanted to crowd source some knowledge beforehand.