Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022
I have scuff on my front fender. Does it pay to get some touch up paint or paint pen? If so is there a recommended one or am I wasting my time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022

nitsuga posted:

A picture might help. Usually for scuffs I’d lean towards buffing it though. Paint pens are more useful for small chips and scratches.

Thanks for the response. Here are a couple pics.

edit:
just for a bit of context I don't really care about the scuff / scratch or the car but right now I'm gunning for a trade in and I'm trying to minimize the deductions with the least amount of effort.

drhankmccoyphd fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 16, 2024

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022

IOwnCalculus posted:

Is this a lease return or a car you own and are trading in on another purchase? Because if it's the latter, anything more than a quick wash is money wasted because trade-in offers are always going to be based around wholesale value, not "good vs better".

Fair enough. Yeah it's a financed car I'm trying to trade in, but I swung by my local body shop in town and they charged me $25 for a touch up. I'd say it's money well spent:

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022

IOwnCalculus posted:

$25 is well worth it for that, and also tells me the previous damage was almost entirely paint transfer from whatever you hit / hit you.

Yup, it was from scraping a pile on in a cramped parking garage.

drhankmccoyphd
Jul 22, 2022
I just took delivery of my car about 2 weeks ago and I have a 10k mile 36mo lease w/ Ally bank. I got the 10k because I figured it was plenty of miles given my last car only had 24.7k miles over 40 months. Something like 7k-8k miles a year. My driving habits haven't changed all that much but I am freaking a bit that I drove about 600miles in the these first few weeks with a 100m roadtrip to see my parents . I could chalk it up to new car funsies, but I am a little worried about going over at lease end. I've read it is possible to bump your lease mileage w/ a higher payment but in calling Ally bank they said they can't do it. Should I be worried or just keep an eye out and try to get it waived at lease end w/ a new car? Anyone dealt with Ally before and been able to modify their lease ?