Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.
My mother just bought a 1985 GMC Sierra 4wd pickup. I'm trying to figure out what type of oil filter it takes but I don't know if it's a 6- or 8-cylinder. All I know is it's carbureted. Can anyone help please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Godholio posted:

Almost certainly a V8, I can't imagine they stuck a 6 in there during the 80s. Count how many spark plug wires it has.

Edit: Woah, a V6 was available. That must've been a loving dog. Still probably a V8.

Do all the V8's use the same oil filter?

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Maybe you guys get this one all the time but I have a 2013 Toyota Camry L, which has power locks but not keyless entry. I would like to add keyless entry to it.

From my reading, there is no solenoid at the trunk release in the L model to have the trunk popped by remote. I can live with this, not a big deal.

What is the best keyless entry system to put in this vehicle and/or what do AI goons recommend? I would just like to remotely lock and unlock the doors.

Thanks. :confuoot: