Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

For at least $250.

Why is such an important tool being made by only one company for such a high price?
Here's a weird brand for $129 (right now, anyway, $159 regular price):

XTOOL TP150 TPMS Relearn Tool 2024 Newest Version, Tire Pressure Light Reset, All Universal Sensors Activation/Relearn, XTOOL TS100 Sensors Programming Only

The reviews appear to be good except for idiots who can't figure out how to use tools, but ya know, try it out inside the return window.

At least for some brands, there's a solid argument for buying the generic tools, though - the GM one I just used was $10 and worked fine, there's a Motorcraft knockoff for Fords for $12, etc. Some manufacturers appear to have sufficiently complex systems that there aren't cheap tools readily available, and there's definitely a point where you might want to be able to cover other brands, but ... I think I'll probably just buy the Motorcraft knockoff and call it good for $22.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

"Sketch" ... because it's from an animated series

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Screw that guy. Have fun with your car.

Adults who still use the word "poser" are in fact the real posers.