Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Just use the biggest most powerful impact wrench you can find and friction weld the loving things on like they do at the tire shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Ah yes, torque to yield.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

Crossposting from my TSD thread:

Is there any salvaging this, or should I start unwrapping and butt splicing?

Oof, good lord.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

It is wild how much of a difference tires can make to how a car feels, even if you're not pushing the limits at all.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

You can probably find a longer version in my previous posts in the thread but buying used tires with 75%+ life left can be an extremely good deal. Often these tires are just on cars that get written off and they're sold to the used tire place. I find I generally pay 35% of what I would be paying new, and my place mounts them, balances the wheels, and gives me a one year replacement coverage in case I get a puncture from a nail or whatever. Woman owned shop also which is nice. YMMV.

This is what I do as well. My tire guy has a few grades of used tires including barely-used ones. Not sure I'd recommend it to someone who doesn't know what to look for though. Might end up with some dry rotted linglongs or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Please post photos of your van raccoons, tezer.