Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It's a fun game, op. I greatly enjoy kicking zombies off rooftops, into spikes, through windows, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

hubris.height posted:

i've been enjoying it but that's just my point of view

You should, because it's fun.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Honestly near the end game you can completely stop searching for weapons because you'll have a poo poo ton of money and all the shops have a full stock of oranges.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I cut both a zombie's arms off so it just stumbled after me and bit at the air when it got close. When it would lunge it would sometimes lose its balance and fall on its face.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

You guys are describing Shadow of Mordor you realize that right.

Anyways writing a game off because it's unoriginal is really dumb but I guess if people want to feel elitist about something that's fine. Just missing out on a really fun game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

program666 posted:

Except for the fact that automatic parkour and automatic dancing fighting are two of the most awfully loving boring poo poo I ever seen in my life. Both mordor and dying light are way way less compelling than any of the 100 games on my backlog that I don't have time to play anyway (I'm currently playing the first darksiders).

I think, if I had more time to play games, maybe I would be done with my backlog and would be all apologetic about the poo poo the AAA industry crap out since I would have nothing new to play, but actually it's quite possible that I would just play some more hundreds of hours of monster hunter or X3 or dwarf fortress or any other, you know, good game.

The parkour in DL is far from automatic. Unless you think Mirror's Edge is automatic (and are mentally retarded.) And what makes it compelling is a really smooth sense of movement, entertaining coop, hilarious zombie antics, etc. My point is that "AAA=bad" is stupid as hell. If you're not into a game or the features then whatever but the fact that it's not massively innovative doesn't mean it's bad.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I liked 4 pretty good and we got Bayonetta after that so it's pretty much a wash in my book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Frank Horrigan posted:

4's combat felt too simple and the boss fights were pretty lame, but I did like the backtracking aspect once you get to play as Dante. Overall, not bad, but not very memorable. Never played Bayonetta, looked too "fanservicey" for my tastes. I'd probably appreciate it if I was 14.

Dying Light talk: Can someone who's actually beaten the story weigh in on how the post-game is? I'm on the mission "Extraction" now, and it's got all the hallmarks of being a final mission, but I don't want to be "done" with this game yet so I've been putting it off to do fetch quests instead. Any NG+ options?

Yeah there's a NG+ I don't know the details though. Honestly I've been having fun just cleaning up side missions and screwing around. My buddy jumps on when he's online and we kick zombies back and forth.

• Locked thread