Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

My serious answer is one of these games right here. It was probably either Turok or Mario Kart, I can't rememeber what I played first

We used to rent videogames from West Coast Video back then, and it could have been one of the rentals we played first before we played the games that we owned. And I wound up with close to half of the US n64 library after my brother was just going to throw out his games.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tie Fighter

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Whirlwind Jones posted:

BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

someone managed to find this without debugging or hints and nobody knows how

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Doctor Goat posted:

someone managed to find this without debugging or hints and nobody knows how

typing random poo poo into the password screen.

I accidently unlocked the Evil green power ranger in the Genesis game by doing random poo poo like that.

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free
Had to be either:
Sonic 3D Blast(Genesis - if that counts)
Sewer Shark for Sega CD
then maybe Fighting Force(PSX) or NHL95(whichever the first NHL game of the PSX era was)

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Someone has probably said starfox for the snes at this point so just pretend i empty quoted them

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BERGfu posted:

Someone has probably said starfox for the snes at this point so just pretend i empty quoted them
Here I'll say it so you can emptyquote me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Star Fox for the SNES

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Descent definitely came before Quake

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
wolf3d ezily

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
descent, becuase wolf3d, doom, and catacombs weren't 3d.

also, the n64 was literally garbage and its entire library is unplayable now. yes, even super mario 64.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TheScott2K posted:

descent, becuase wolf3d, doom, and catacombs weren't 3d.

also, the n64 was literally garbage and its entire library is unplayable now. yes, even super mario 64.

Haha okay human being the *adjusts pocket protector and suspenders* 2.5d games don't count. My first true 3D experience? Hmm, I'd say the hatsune miku gently caress simulator for the ODK (occulus Dev kit for the uninitiated) go gently caress yourself pedantic bitch

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Smythe posted:

Haha okay human being the *adjusts pocket protector and suspenders* 2.5d games don't count. My first true 3D experience? Hmm, I'd say the hatsune miku gently caress simulator for the ODK (occulus Dev kit for the uninitiated) go gently caress yourself pedantic bitch

word

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smythe posted:

If you actually look like a cartoon Jewish nerd in reality, you may not make posts like this.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

TheScott2K posted:

sadly, this is largely true. However, OoT is still the best Zelda game and Mystical Ninja starring Goemon is still great (Space Station Silicon Valley is probably still pretty cool too). Basically, it was a platform that was exceedingly good for early 3d action/adventure games and very little else.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
battle arena toshinden

seeing that game for the first time was cray-cray, too bad it was a bad game

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

That looks really good. Gotta get this done for my SNES and N64 games.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Star Fox for the SNES

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you actually look like a cartoon Jewish nerd in reality, you may not make posts like this.

Nice try troll but I've never owned a pocket protector nor suspenders. Go harass some noob into paying your toll ule get nothing here

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Either Star Fox or Stunt Race FX for SNES. Any game that used the Super FX chip I suppose.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Syndicate wars on a pc that couldn't really run it. Had to hold down the button that turned off buildings the whole time. I replayed it some years later and it was a real neat game

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

TheScott2K posted:

You're a monster if you truly believe this. It's hard to recall exactly which but it was either Mario 64 or Ocarina that was my first 3D game. I still play them somewhat frequently and they hold up quite well. Also I'm at least 65% sure that this is true for everyone and it's not just nostalgia bias.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Smythe posted:

Nice try troll but I've never owned a pocket protector nor suspenders. Go harass some noob into paying your toll ule get nothing here

please don't reinforce stereotypes by refusing to pay the troll toll

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My first N64 game I owned was Banjo-Kazooie. Going back to Super Mario 64 was tough because the camera controls were much more difficult in that game, but otherwise SM64 is still a fantastic game I would play to this day.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i played this on my old macintosh computer

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Corporate Kane posted:

i played this on my old macintosh computer

battlezone?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Kazvall posted:

battlezone?

i think it was called Spectre but when i look up Spectre it looks different from the game i played so who knows

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
battlezone ftw

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Now that I think about it there was an old game on my DOS-PC called "helicopter" or something which was like a helicopter simulator. It owned and I have no idea when it was made but it was early 90s.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My best friend from elementary school had an old rear end bundle of freeware/demo games probably written in basic where among 100 other things you could play 4󫶘 tic-tac-toe but I don't think that counts.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Ralp posted:

My best friend from elementary school had an old rear end bundle of freeware/demo games probably written in basic where among 100 other things you could play 4󫶘 tic-tac-toe but I don't think that counts.

those bundles rule, and you can get every major one except for the AOL shareware archives from textfiles.com/archive.org now.

https://archive.org/details/msdos_3-D_Tic-Tac-Toe_1992

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doctor Goat posted:

those bundles rule, and you can get every major one except for the AOL shareware archives from textfiles.com/archive.org now.

Hey Doctor Goat how was that game you were looking for for a long time btw

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It was terrible aside from the kleptomania and exploits and I get the feeling that is why I have turned out the way I have in RPGs

If you're sneaky you can bust into a massive city's treasury at level 1 and steal everything they have but at the same time the combat works like a combination of final fantasy 2 and even worse ideas. being able to hit people in body parts is really cool though

mages can only memorize 5 spells at a time even though there are like 12 schools and tons of spells. you have to go to town to restore spells no matter what. it pops up "out of MP" when you use an empty slot too

a lot of it is cool ideas with bad execution and stuff they couldn't finish.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Do not post here.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Goat posted:

that's the one

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Corporate Kane posted:

i think it was called Spectre but when i look up Spectre it looks different from the game i played so who knows

it is indeed spectre (or spectre 3d) and was also my first 3d game

Elijah Snow
Dec 10, 2006

some-something man
RotT (demo version)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

• Locked thread