Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Ken's Labyrinth.

If 2.5d counts ten then it was Wolfenstein 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
https://archive.org/details/msdos_KENSLABY_shareware

the guy who made the blood/shadow warrior/duke 3d engine made this

and i just learned sandy peterson thought it was a piece of poo poo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mercurochrome posted:

Does Donkey Kong Country (SNES) count? If it doesn't then super mario rpg (snes), I think

Neither of these are 3D at all.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
catacomb 3-d came before wolf

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Whirlwind Jones posted:

BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

someone managed to find this without debugging or hints and nobody knows how

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Ralp posted:

My best friend from elementary school had an old rear end bundle of freeware/demo games probably written in basic where among 100 other things you could play 4󫶘 tic-tac-toe but I don't think that counts.

those bundles rule, and you can get every major one except for the AOL shareware archives from textfiles.com/archive.org now.

https://archive.org/details/msdos_3-D_Tic-Tac-Toe_1992

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It was terrible aside from the kleptomania and exploits and I get the feeling that is why I have turned out the way I have in RPGs

If you're sneaky you can bust into a massive city's treasury at level 1 and steal everything they have but at the same time the combat works like a combination of final fantasy 2 and even worse ideas. being able to hit people in body parts is really cool though

mages can only memorize 5 spells at a time even though there are like 12 schools and tons of spells. you have to go to town to restore spells no matter what. it pops up "out of MP" when you use an empty slot too

a lot of it is cool ideas with bad execution and stuff they couldn't finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Elman posted:

jurassic park for snes

the green dinosaurs that shoot at you are always looking exactly at the player because they didn't make sprites for anything else

• Locked thread