Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have to go in for an MRI on Friday but separate to that I have a stinging sensation in my stomach and now I'm irrationally paranoid that I accidentally swallowed a loose staple on my desk and it'll be torn out of me in the MRI. I wish I was joking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

EmmyOk posted:

I have to go in for an MRI on Friday but separate to that I have a stinging sensation in my stomach and now I'm irrationally paranoid that I accidentally swallowed a loose staple on my desk and it'll be torn out of me in the MRI. I wish I was joking

That is horrifying. :stare:

Also, I just found out that one of my favorite bands is playing on the second day of a festival I'm attending, which means that I can't get disgustingly wasted on the FIRST day of that festival. :smith:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

EmmyOk posted:

Well first off, how do you "accidentally" swallow a staple?

Secondly, I'm sure you'll be fine. A staple is so tiny that I can't see it doing any damage. The amount of force something exhibits in a magnetic field is a product of both the field strength, and the mass of the metal.

Also, if it's on Friday, unless you have the worlds slowest bowels, it'll almost certainly be out of you.

Phineus
Jul 21, 2008

Good to the last drop.
As a recent college graduate looking for jobs I find it annoying that pretty much every company has a unique process for processing applicants that involves filling out information that is already on your resume/cover letter. I'd like to apply for 'all the jobs' but it just takes so much friggen time.

TLDR: Boo hoo nobody is rushing to hand me a career

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with

Phineus posted:

As a recent college graduate looking for jobs I find it annoying that pretty much every company has a unique process for processing applicants that involves filling out information that is already on your resume/cover letter. I'd like to apply for 'all the jobs' but it just takes so much friggen time.

TLDR: Boo hoo nobody is rushing to hand me a career

Put "See Attached Resume" in the first field that allows it, leave everything else blank, and attach your resume.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I Am Not Spor posted:

Put "See Attached Resume" in the first field that allows it, leave everything else blank, and attach your resume.

Most of the time, the system REQUIRES the fields be filled out, so that won't work.

Phineus
Jul 21, 2008

Good to the last drop.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Most of the time, the system REQUIRES the fields be filled out, so that won't work.

A lot of companies just feed those filled out fields into a resume cruncher to thin the herd...Bastards

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well first off, how do you "accidentally" swallow a staple?

Secondly, I'm sure you'll be fine. A staple is so tiny that I can't see it doing any damage. The amount of force something exhibits in a magnetic field is a product of both the field strength, and the mass of the metal.

Also, if it's on Friday, unless you have the worlds slowest bowels, it'll almost certainly be out of you.

Yes a few people now have assured me it'd be gone by then if I had eaten it, and that if I had eaten one I wouldn't feel it like this. I doubt I ate one, I just had an open nature valley bars and saw some staples beside the wrapper later. Like I said I just get irrationally paranoid

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
My girlfriend has been in the hospital for a while and can't remember most of the time there, but she still managed to send me flowers for Valentine's Day. I'll do something nice for her after she's out, but I can't right now because my hours got cut and I'm spending more on gas going to the hospital every day. :(

The pollen from the flowers is triggering my asthma and the difficulty breathing is giving me vertigo. :smithicide:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My local energy company offers automatic bill payments but the system is not well integrated. I have to call in and authorize it each month.

I'm starting a new nerd tabletop game on Saturday but one of my players may not show up due to being very busy as his lucrative and legal Marijuana growing business.

A job that I really wanted said I was qualified but needed another 50 days of time-in-grade to accept me as a government transfer. They only open once every three years :negative:

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Feb 19, 2015

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

Yesterday I wanted to get my car washed at the local hand-wash place before I went to work but there were three people already in line so I had to drive my car less shiny than I like it.

I try to only put Rain-X in my windshield washer reservoir on my car but the place where I get my oil changed keeps putting in water even though I tell them not to. (Rain-X makes your windshield hydropholic so water beads faster and gives you better visibility)

Then I try to excessively use the windshield washer to use up all the water because I am too lazy to open the hood and remove the reservoir.

So now the water is all used up but I left the Rain-X at home so when I was driving along the beach salt water got on my windshield and made it all icky but I couldn't just push a button and clean it off because the reservoir was empty!

JibbaJabberwocky
Aug 14, 2010

I'm sick (GI bug) and my husband stole my last Gatorade this morning. I asked him yesterday if he wanted me to get him a Gatorade too and he said no, he'd get one on the way home if he changed his mind. So I didn't get him one and yet he still took my last one from me.

I haven't peed in nearly 24hrs despite my best attempts. :smith: That being said, I think needing a sports drink for hydration is one of the first-worldliest things ever.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There was a chance my package was going to be delivered today, but it wasn't, and the tracking hasn't updated in like a day. :smith:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
It's pretty much impossible to be a cool media darling serial killer in this damned police state.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Goddamn federal government is making me wait up to SIX MONTHS before I'm allowed to put a silencer on my short barreled assault rifle.

3rd world people never have to deal with this :argh:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There was a chance my package was going to be delivered today, but it wasn't, and the tracking hasn't updated in like a day. :smith:

Two of my packages didn't even give me tracking information.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I have 6 papercuts on my fingers, one on the tip of my index finger, two on my knuckles, and 3 at the base of my cuticles. The biggest one and freshest one is dead center on my middle finger on my swatch hand, which means the pictures I took of my nails tonight needed extra editing and don't look as nice. It also hurts like gently caress when I have to remove my nail polish.

And the bandaid residue is stuck to my nail.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

There's some people at work load the dishwasher like this:

With cups/mugs ON the tines.

Cups and mugs go BETWEEN the tines, like this:

Edit: V V V drat phone posting...fixed! V V V

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 06:10 on Feb 21, 2015

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Someone posted table-breaking images in this thread. :(

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
My 3-year-old niece knows how to operate the camera on my phone. There is about 80 photos on there that she has taken without my knowledge, and about 15 movies.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to arrange my photo gallery so her stuff has its own unique collection. I hate digging to show off her "work".

Stupid s5.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I had to call the cable people to come and do some poo poo. This guy shows up and doesn't even get out of his van and walk up to my lovely house, which he would be doing anyway. He doesn't honk the horn on his van. He leans out his window and at about the same level of volume I'd use to talk to someone in the same room as me, says "hey dis da guy from da cable company". I barely heard it and by the time I realized someone outside was making noise, and it wasn't the neighbors again, he had already driven off.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
My phone's battery is running low, but the charger is over there.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

genesplicer posted:

My phone's battery is running low, but the charger is over there.
I can never find the right lid for my tupperware.

The heat lamps for my bearded dragon keep burning out in a month when they should be lasting half a year.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

sometimes I think about putting my hand through a deli slicer.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'd actually kind of like to get some strawberries but in this part of the world this time of year they're always hideously expensive for fruit and probably also moldy and not very good. I have to wait like...a couple of months...for the strawberry season to hit and for there to be dirt rear end cheap and delicious strawberries for sale everywhere.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I've been getting into Gravity Falls lately and now I read everything in Soos's voice.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Edit: V V V drat phone posting...fixed! V V V

This should be TWO posts because of our hand-held supercomputer problems.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

mysterious frankie posted:

sometimes I think about putting my hand through a deli slicer.

Thats more of a "Do I need therapy" than a first world problem but I am too lazy to suggest a forum.

Which is my content: People posting in the wrong forum but I dont want to look it up.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
My ridiculously overpaid government contract job is being extended for another two months but I was looking forward to having a few months off.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Neil McCauley posted:

Thats more of a "Do I need therapy" than a first world problem but I am too lazy to suggest a forum.

well, I'm thinking about it while living in chicago, which is part of the first world, so... now who's a dumb voice in my head who won't let me sleep ever?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My headphones are picking up really faint radio signals that I can hear when there is no other sound playing.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

I want to watch a horror film right this very second but I can't because my playstation is insisting on doing a system update. The only reason I'm here at all is because I'm killing time.

bikesonyx
Oct 9, 2014
Im soo bored at work

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

My headphones are picking up really faint radio signals that I can hear when there is no other sound playing.

Why do you have headphones on if you aren't going to listen to anything on them?

But at any rate, get yourself these doo-dads.

There's several sizes available, so make sure to get the right one.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I got in a wreck today. If they total my car I'll have to get a new one. I can easily afford it, but it's been really nice not having a car note. :smith:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

It was my turn to fix dinner tonight, and I forgot to leave the soy sauce and cheese on the counter to warm it to room temperature. So I had to put cold soy sauce and cold cheese on top of warm rice, broccoli, and walnuts.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

All our champagne was taking up too much space in the cupboard, so we had to drink a bottle even though we didn't really fancy it. I wanted a beer :(

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I want to make a large batch of haluski but there's too much crap in my refrigerator to make space to store it.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Sanford posted:

All our champagne was taking up too much space in the cupboard, so we had to drink a bottle even though we didn't really fancy it. I wanted a beer :(

I bought expensive champagne that was actually from Champagne the other week and it tasted the same as regular old sparkling wine :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I was in a meeting all day yesterday, and I have paperwork I have to submit today.