Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
I have a bunch of small errands I need to run like buying socks and going to the library, but I've been stuck at home the last two and a half days because the repair people are working on the furnace and probably won't be done until tomorrow afternoon. I could do them in the evening but the library closes early and I'd have to deal with Walmart people instead of the nice store with inconvenient hours.

Speaking of socks, I have a free pair coming from Meh.com that were supposed to arrive today, but now their delivery date shows as Saturday. Someone I know had theirs shipped to their office in town and they arrived yesterday. t:mad: gently caress you, Fedex/USPS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I had to explain to someone, twice, how while I'm a doctor, I'm not a medical doctor, and therefore I cannot recommend treatment or prescribe medicine. I'm still not sure if they got it or not.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
I lost that gift card I mentioned earlier but I didn't really need the money anyway.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
I have a gift card to see a movie but I have an awesome home theatre. There is no hope.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When you go to wash your hands, so you push your sleeves up, then just as you've started soaping up your hands, your sleeve slips back down and now you have to awkwardly try to avoid getting it wet while still rinsing the soap off your hands.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That Power Rangers Bootleg fan movie depresses the poo poo out of me and I wish my friends would shut up about it.

I am aware that getting all twisted up over what is essentially a children's franchise is a less than mature reaction on my part.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Feb 27, 2015

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mikl posted:

I had to explain to someone, twice, how while I'm a doctor, I'm not a medical doctor, and therefore I cannot recommend treatment or prescribe medicine. I'm still not sure if they got it or not.

So can you take a look at this thing on my arm? :v:

What field is your doctorate actually in? Maybe you could go with the angle of explaining that you're a professor or a scientist or a mathematician or something.

My problem is that my half-brother is a raging rear end in a top hat but it's illegal to punch him in his idiot face.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
At work I'm moving to a new project, which means a new development environment which means installing software and setting system variables. I don't have admin level access on my machine (which is its own :can:) so I submitted a ticket for access around half an hour before I was planning to leave work, expecting it to be fulfilled this morning and have a whole day of admin access to install and tinker. Nope, they authorized it ten minutes after I left and set it to expire 8 hours later (1 in the morning).

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
The third season of House of Cards is finally released on Netflix, but I have to do my extremely easy and cushy side job of test-watching and reporting on issues for a DVD boxed set of a pretty cool Roger Moore show first. :smith:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was taking a really good nap and then a lady woke me up by ringing the doorbell a lot because she had the wrong house.

I thought it was my package coming in the mail, so I was all happy, but it turns out that it's not being delivered today, so now I'm all :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mouse Dresser posted:

The third season of House of Cards is finally released on Netflix, but I have to do my extremely easy and cushy side job of test-watching and reporting on issues for a DVD boxed set of a pretty cool Roger Moore show first. :smith:

Tell me how to get this job, please and thank you.

My boss wants me to clean up and make pretty our iShare page but he keeps forgetting to give me the proper permissions.
I get paid the same for doing less work but I'd rather make things organized and beautiful.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
So-called environmentally friendly toilets, the ones that only use a little water per flush. This would be fine if I were just taking a piss in it, but when I'm using a public toilet I'm not going to be pissing it it, I'd use a urinal for that. No, when I use a toilet I'm making GBS threads. And those low-flow toilets don't loving flush well enough to take my goddamn poo poo away so I end up trying again and again and again before finally having to make the decision whether to just abandon it or find some member of staff and explain to them that my poo poo is still in their toilet and it won't go away. They shouldn't have to deal with that, it should just work like any toilet and flush properly.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Inzombiac posted:

Tell me how to get this job, please and thank you.

Nepotism. It's not really a job, I only get to do it like once every 3 months or so when their in-house folks are overloaded with projects (my husband is one of those people).

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Greatbacon posted:

At work I'm moving to a new project, which means a new development environment which means installing software and setting system variables. I don't have admin level access on my machine (which is its own :can:) so I submitted a ticket for access around half an hour before I was planning to leave work, expecting it to be fulfilled this morning and have a whole day of admin access to install and tinker. Nope, they authorized it ten minutes after I left and set it to expire 8 hours later (1 in the morning).

I worked in a place where I didn't have Admin on my own machine, never again. It's bad enough when the DBA takes three weeks to assemble a committee to discuss the pitfalls and best practices of adding a single column that I need in a two week sprint.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I ordered a new graphics card from Amazon UK last month to be shipped to Australia and after a month of evasion and daily emails i-parcel finally admitted that they had 'lost'(stolen) my parcel.
Amazon are sending me a replacement and it's estimated to arrive sometime between the 12-17th March.
I'm away for a long weekend in Yogyakarta, Java that weekend. It's the only time in months that I won't be at home :negative:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So can you take a look at this thing on my arm? :v:

What field is your doctorate actually in? Maybe you could go with the angle of explaining that you're a professor or a scientist or a mathematician or something.

Animal science.

First World Problem: lost count of how many times I've had to say "no, I'm not a veterinarian, they're two different things".

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom wanted to sleep in today so she set the vet appt for 10:30. Meanwhile we woke up at 6, which is still sleeping in for us, but gently caress a duck, add that to another appt at 1, and then one at 2:30, and the entire day is shot because we couldn't get started earlier. And we could have. If she made the appt for when the drat vet opened rather than 'well maybe we can sleep in till 9!' poo poo.

I forgot to buy chips yesterday but did remember to buy the dipping sauce.

I applied for a transfer at work, to a location that is a 5 minute drive compared to my 40 one currently, and while I have seniority and the skills to move there, my boss kept asking in the interview what would happen if I didn't get the spot. IE, would I still be all chipper and the busy worker and never lazing around like my coworkers, or would I not? Would I keep helping out and doing things in the building no one else does, would I still organize poo poo for the next drivers. In short, would I continue to do more than everyone else if I didn't get the post I've wanted for over six years. The way he kept asking makes me think I won't get the spot and someone else with less seniority will....points more if it goes to someone outside the company.

I nannied for two families over the past decade and the kids are growing up, and I don't have as much contact anymore. One family is going through a divorce and possible separation. The other might be moving out of the country soon.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A load of drunk people just boarded my train. They are trying to sing uptown funk but keep getting stuck after one line and starting again

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
I'm having a tattoo removed and it briefly limits my ability to do things and people want to know why and I don't want to admit I was a stupid teenager.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

EmmyOk posted:

A load of drunk people just boarded my train. They are trying to sing uptown funk but keep getting stuck after one line and starting again

Uptown Funk is not a drunk people song. Drunk people need to sing drinking songs because those songs are designed to be sung when you're wasted.

I swear, some people regress to children when they go to a store. Oh, no, sure, go right the gently caress ahead and paw through the fresh muffins with your dirty-rear end hands. Feel free to just toss rolls and bagels on the floor because you don't want them. I don't mind at all if you dig around in my nice bread display and knock everything over because you don't like the sell-by date on the stuff we just made today.

If I wanted to clean up after a bunch of loving animals, I would've worked at a zoo.

Devoz
Nov 18, 2006
I have around a hundred different bottles of whiskey, but feel like I have nothing interesting to drink.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I got all excited that Saint Seiya was on Netflix, and then realized it was the Hades OAVs, and not the original TV series. I just want an easily accessible, uncut version (that isn't the terrible new subbed release), is that so much to ask?

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
ARRGGHH smudged nail polish!!!!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The game shop keeps running out of conspiracy boosters and my friends already hate the conspiracies enough. Like a crackhead I buy them all when I go because it's a stamp or two toward the :10bux: giftcard for buying poo poo. Any more conspiracies and my opponents will start bitching endlessly. Any less and I get less crack.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I don't have to work this week because of "spring break" so I finally have time to clean the apartment.

Which means I don't have an excuse not to clean the apartment and have to do it when I could be using all this free time to have fun :(

Show Me A Chicken
May 6, 2007
I'll show you a geek.
I just got into a couple of really cool artists thanks to Spotify, but Spotify doesn't have their entire discography and TPB is apparently a fed trap so I might actually have to hunt around on Amazon for their early records in a format I can actually listen to.

I have a hard drive full of classic Doctor Who, but my smart TV won't recognize the files no matter what I do so I might have to just play them on my laptop if I want to watch them.

My smart TV is about six years old, so it doesn't have the current version of Netflix, which means there are no subtitles and for some reason I can't watch every episode of Futurama ever made.

A cute little independent coffee shop with adorable decor and several exciting open mic and live music nights just opened up across the street from the local Starbucks, and I really want to support them but their plain brewed coffee is terrible and their fancy blended drinks are way too expensive for the size.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
My local cafe has so many different sandwich filling options that it's difficult to decide. :(

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Show Me A Chicken posted:

I have a hard drive full of classic Doctor Who, but my smart TV won't recognize the files no matter what I do so I might have to just play them on my laptop if I want to watch them.

Just plug the TV into the laptop and use it as a monitor?

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I'm on my way to go quit my gym membership and I'm not looking forward to all the crap I know they're going to put me through :(

Edit: what the gently caress, that took less than 5 minutes. THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY :stare:

HOLY FUCK has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Mar 3, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gosh,
I've just eaten too much food today.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I can feel my teeth getting kind of sore so I'd like to go see a dentist but first I'd need to go out of my way to renew my medicare since I moved to a new province and it sounds like an enormous pain in the rear end so I keep putting it off.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
The pending Icepocalypse™ (Texas) means both my gym and yoga studio are closed in the morning, so I get to sleep in. :(

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

NarwhalParty posted:

I'm having a tattoo removed and it briefly limits my ability to do things and people want to know why and I don't want to admit I was a stupid teenager.

Somebody is getting a tattoo removed before posting it in the poo poo tattoo thread. Or maybe they already did and I'm too lazy to look.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Roleplaying Dad posted:

The pending Icepocalypse™ (Texas) means both my gym and yoga studio are closed in the morning, so I get to sleep in. :(

Dallas?

I cant decide if I am going to drive to NFM in the Ice tomorrow morning or wait till noon when it has all but melted. Either way I am working the rest of the day from home.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Now I'm hungry again.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom is getting another tattoo and wants me to get one as well. She's offered to pay for it, and it's just a simple cat outline, but I really don't want to, so I told her to cancel my appointment. Now she thinks I'm afraid of loving needles when it's more I don't really want some ink permanently on my body, especially after the Bad Tattoo Thread.

Management hasn't said who got the new spot at work yet and it's been open for almost a month.

Edit. The guy with less experience and seniority than me got it. I was told I was too important to transfer because I do so much at the base. Lesson: if you shovel the most poo poo, you get the largest shovel.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Mar 5, 2015

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I was rummaging through an old hard drive backup, saw pics of an old ex, and am now sad.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I stepped in cat poo poo five minutes before having to head out the door and didn't have time to scrape it all off. Suffer with me, new guy I'm training.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I screwed up my Netflix queue, and now they are sending me something I'm not really all that interested in seeing. Now I will have to wait a couple of days to get the DVD I really want to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Sometimes when I'm renaming files I'll go to use Shift-Del as the shortcut for "cut", but in the file manager that's always interpreted as "delete file" instead.