Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I still need at least two professional interviews for my dissertation but I don't really where to ask. Also my eyes feel tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't decide if i want to spring the extra $20 for the Bloodborne collector's edition. I don't know how good the soundtrack or artbook is :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I really need botox but I don't want to fork out the cash for it because I learned that I'd need it every 3/4 months, and the guy I went to was super expensive. I know I should go shop around for surgeons/dermatologists but :effort:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Mar 8, 2015

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I got sent home from work for vomiting too much. I had to practically beg my boss to let me stay at least to finish my paperwork. :smith:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I get to go to a comedy club tonight for a friend's son's baseball team charity thing. It's free but I really don't want to go because I'm hung over and this is my only real day off this week. Also nobody came to the counter at Quiznos so I had to settle for a crappy pre-made sandwich because I feel too lovely to go anywhere else for food.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
I can't decide if I should work out in my home gym (closest but not as many pieces of equipment), the gym at the home owner's association club house (really nice, but slightly out of my way), or wait and go when I get to my office (gross, but gives me an excuse to take a really long lunch) :sigh:

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
I'm laying in my hammock in my back yard. Conditions are near perfect: 79 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, my palm trees are swaying in the light breeze, sun glistening off of my pool, ice cold IPA in my hand, dog sleeping in the grass next to me. Literally the perfect Sunday afternoon. My hammock is a traditional one between two trees (not palms) because gently caress those janky ones with their own frames. My FWP is the breeze, it occasionally spreads the branches and leaves apart enough that the sun hits my eyes, and I'm too lazy to go get my sunglasses from inside.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I bought Chunky Monkey Ice Cream but I didn't realize the ice cream itself was banana flavored. It's not bad, but I was expecting vanilla ice cream...

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I had to install Internet Explorer to do some testing for work, and twice already today I've clicked the link for that rather than Chrome when I want to browse the Internet, so I have to close the window and load Chrome instead. I could just use IE but it's the principle of the thing.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I forgot to turn in my On-Call Pay Authorization form on Friday, and turning it in today means it's too late to hit this week's paycheck, so now I have to wait nearly 3 weeks to get the extra money from being on-call last week.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Some new neighbors moved in and every day they cook something that smells so unbelievably delicious that I have to open the window and burn incense to try and mask the smell, but that only works a little. I'm spending all day drooling, wishing I was having whatever it is they're making.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
My Progressive bill hits on the 6th of every month. Every other bill hits on the 15th or last day of the month. gently caress you Flo; get with the game.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
At work, when a manager transfers stores, they almost always take every account with them to the new store. But since some people transfer over 40 miles away, that means for deliveries, a customer used to walking down to the store to pick up their order (in case delivery wouldn't get there asap) has to wait for delivery, which is more expensive, and all because some loving managers refuse to let go of old accounts and make new ones. Yes, boohoo, sucks you chose to move but leave the accounts in your old ZIP code behind!

We are short-staffed at work but the higher ups won't approve more staff until we can prove we need it, IE, we get at least four more accounts for our location. So we scramble to cover orders and all we need is one more person, maybe two. But then we have to get them trained and it's usually a month before they can be on their own.

I'm the usual GM in our rpg and I have absolutely no problem passing over anything to anyone, but my friend wants to change the next play to do one she made up on the fly, that is very much like an old one we did, but introduces her two 'amazing and awesome kickass twin princesses.' They are super powerful and smart and can do anything! Oh and they are super beautiful and gag me. I get the idea of wanting the SuperStrong Hero but when they have no real weakness it gets boring fast. But if I tell her no, she'll throw a fit and complain about the other play we already decided to do and say I never let anyone else choose anything (when in fact it's all done by a vote, but whatever) so I'll be the adult and say sure, we can do your MarySue rpg. Maybe someone else will get sick of it before I do.

I hate having a front yard. I swear the way to make it rain is for me to go out and weed the entire thing because within a week it will downpour. My neighbor across the street landscapes his place so mine looks even worse.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Cowslips Warren posted:

I hate having a front yard. I swear the way to make it rain is for me to go out and weed the entire thing because within a week it will downpour. My neighbor across the street landscapes his place so mine looks even worse.

Oh god I hate this. My neighbors obsessively mow and landscape and makes my (what I think to be pretty normal-looking) yard look like poo poo. They use some kind of crazy fertilizer that turns their grass this deep dark green color. I hate them :(

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Get a dog and train him to piss on their lawn in the middle of the night. Crazy fertiliser that turns their lawn a pale brownish yellow!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

I Am Not Spor posted:

My Progressive bill hits on the 6th of every month. Every other bill hits on the 15th or last day of the month. gently caress you Flo; get with the game.

Can't you just contact them and change the due date? All the stuff I have lets me choose /change the due date.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Job hunting is a bitch. I have a place to stay, and do alright work online sometimes, but I want a consistent paycheck and drat near every job listing I find wants 2+ years of experience already for an entry level position.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
We were out of a part at work yesterday so I called an AutoZone but they were out. I went to Walmart and they had the right bulbs. But I couldn't use the company card there, so I had to use my own credit card. Now the boss is mad because he has to get a payment reimbursement paper found and I got a reprimand for not buying the bulbs from a parts store and not calling other parts stores before I just bought some at Walmart.

Another manager I usually get along with called mine to complain about me yesterday, so that was two dings in one day. He complained that I didn't even attempt delivery on a box with a bad address and instead 'was rude and disrespectful.' Since I wasn't there to defend myself, I couldn't bring up the dozens of times they've had a bad address and I did everything in my power to find the right one. I had enough, I made the call, and the manager got pissy when he should be get mad at his team for loving poo poo up on a steady basis. And because I haven't kept a log of their mistakes, I can't prove it.

I need a vacation and somehow the weekend isn't enough.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I have around $7 in Google Rewards money sitting in my Google Play account, but the game I want to buy (Chrono Trigger,) is $9, and Google Play doesn't let you split payments. :mad:

I would just wait a few weeks to get more money, but I want to have this before I go on vacation in a week because I'll have a lot of downtime in the airport and on the plane, and I'm not bringing a full laptop, and I'm sick of all the games I currently have on my phone+tablet.

Is there a way to buy a $2 Google Play giftcard? Do they comer in amounts that small?

Edit: Looks like the smallest amount I can get online to add to my account is $5...not sure if an "in-store" Google Play GC can be gotten for less, but at least $5 is less than the $9 I'd have to spend out of pocket.

V V V It's not the actual money part, it's the principle of the thing. I have all this credit that Google makes infuriatingly hard to use. I can afford a $9 game no problem, but what's the point of having this credit if I can't use it on what I want? V V V

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 14:30 on Mar 12, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think when you're worried about $9 it's not really First World Problems anymore, even if it's for a video game on your telephone.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The free WiFi on the train is too slow :qq:

e: And GEICO keeps sending me letters and emails asking me to come back, like some kind of obsessed ex.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 22:23 on Mar 12, 2015

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

I'm a guy with not a metro bone in his body, my goon credentials are impeccable I assure you. But my job requires me to dress in a non-goon way occasionally. I get through these times by going with Cole Hahns: it's pretty tough to beat sneakers that look like dress shoes (don't laugh). So anyway, I got 3 pairs of great shoes on sale but don't have anything to wear them with. These "non-goony days" are maybe every 4 weeks but its still a pain to have to buy new outfits for a couple days every few weeks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are you telling me you don't own a button down shirt or a pair of khakis or something? You seriously have to put thought into "not dressing goony"? I'm so confused. Are the only clothes you own Pokémon related or what?

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

RCarr posted:

Are you telling me you don't own a button down shirt or a pair of khakis or something? You seriously have to put thought into "not dressing goony"? I'm so confused. Are the only clothes you own Pokémon related or what?

Calm down its a joke thread about fake/stupid/insignificant problems because its fun. The fact that it can be solved in 5 minutes at any clothing store is the point.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm sorry I will whisper next time as to not overwhelm you.

I feel that you're still being serious about having to go buy a seperate outfit to wear in public without being humiliated though.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

RCarr posted:

I'm sorry I will whisper next time as to not overwhelm you.

I feel that you're still being serious about having to go buy a seperate outfit to wear in public without being humiliated though.

You really should take the time to read the rest of the thread.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

A guy I work with had to leave a meeting today because he got a message from his au pair complaining that the broadband wasn't working. The most first-world problem.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I need to go fire a kiln today for my ceramics class but I don't feel like going anywhere.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My mom got the samsung tablet I bought her in before I got mine :(

Yea, it'll probably show up tomorrow for me, but still, that's just annoying.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

RCarr posted:

T-shirts and jeans are literally the only clothes a person should need in life. But every now and then some bullshit happens where you need to wear something that isn't the most comfortable clothes ever made.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I bought a thing for my friends' birthday two weeks ago and it still hasn't shown up. International shipping! :argh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

kannonfodder posted:

T-shirts and jeans are literally the only clothes a person should need in life. But every now and then some bullshit happens where you need to wear something that isn't the most comfortable clothes ever made.

If you're going for pure comfort, don't care how it looks, track pants are a better option than jeans.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I prefer shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear :downs:

First world problem: I need a goddamn haircut but between my needing to work early and my family's work schedules I can't get it done. And I'm too vain to submit to the dog clippers :bahgawd:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had too many dried apricots so now I have to fart a lot but farting is fun.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

If you're going for pure comfort, don't care how it looks, track pants are a better option than jeans.

Yes, I agree.

I mean look how easily you can squat in them. Way superior to American sweat pants.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I bought an orange red bull excitedly because it's one of my favorite soda flavors. i didn't read that it was zero calorie

:negative:

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I have less than 4GB of the 15GB I have per month left on my Verizon wireless shared data plan with 8 devices. 15GB per month just really isn't enough for 8 devices.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
This probably isn't a first world problem, but I don't want to make a thread.

I had to say no to Jesus repeatedly today at my best friend's funeral. I don't share her family's faith but I have always respected it. Their refusal to respect my lack of belief because it will make them feel better by preaching at me is the second most hosed up thing since I got up off the grass and realized she was dead and I was perfectly loving unscathed.

No, I don't want to hear how I was spared because I'm a dirty atheist and she was already saved..that implies some sort of godly guilt trip intervention and gently caress that noise, Do you not understand I see the headlights and hear the bang every time I close my eyes? I'm not buying any Jesus today. I just watched my best friend of 15 years die and wasn't able to even call out a warning.

I was looking for the cars passing. Do you not even comprehend how much I want to trade places with her? I was looking and I let myself get distracted and now she's dead and the man who stopped to help us figure out the gas can lid was in surgery for 5 loving hours to save his leg.

Nothing is my fault, but everything is my fault. I didn't drive the car that hit her, but I was the only one to look up in time to jump clear.

Your son said he saw her in a halo and smiling before the wreck. That was loving headlights, ok, not some divine love taking her home, it was the goddamn headlights before the car hit her. I see them every second, you fucker, so don't preach at me.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I hope you're getting some kind of non-religious intervention too, because that is a hosed up thing to experience. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I forgot to turn the oven on, so now my dinner's going to be slightly later than I'd planned.