Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
I have to wait ~25 minutes to transfer trains to get home every day. I have to stand in the chilly outside area because there's an unattended bag and the police made us leave the waiting room. I'm tired :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I feel you man, whenever I go and visit my girlfriend, there are two buses and a train that I have to take, but they each arrive at the transfer point juuuuust after the bus or train I need leaves, so I have to wait for an extra hour, turning what could be a two hour trip into a three hour trip.

Also the bus stops recently moved due to construction and the WiFi from the Starbucks doesn't reach the stop anymore.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Why the gently caress is there always only 2 goddamn tellers during lunch rush at the loving bank! And usually one wanders away and comes back an hour or so later.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

To add to my recent fwp, all the trains are now running express so I have to take the subway, which means an extra half a mile or walking.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I work transcribing subtitles for video clips, and I can't listen to music while doing it. Not even from something outside my computer, because it distracts me too much.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Gym rants:

I am sick of getting zapped by static electricity on the treadmill.

At first I thought it was my shirt, because it's 100% synthetic. But even wearing a cotton shirt (which then sucks because it stays wetter longer and sticks to me more, blech) I get zapped. I'm certainly not going to wear cotton shorts, so I'm doomed to forever get zapped. I can't even try to wear headphones, either, because then they zap me in my ears...I've tried probably 4 or 5 different sets of earbuds in the past year and all of them zap me. Whether or not my phone is in my pocket or on the treadmill makes little difference. The only thing that worked was a set of wireless Bluetooth headphones, but they broke. Guess it's time to stop being cheap and get an new pair.

I try to avoid the treadmill, but I want to do some cardio to warm up and whatnot before lifting, and I hate the gym's bikes (tiny seats that ride up my rear end...no thanks,) and I've yet to find an elliptical that has a stride that matches mine.

There is on e machine I like...I think it's actually called a "Stride Machine"? It's sort of like an elliptical combined with a stair stepper? You can adjust the little leg thingies to be long strides, or short, but more "vertical", strides. I like that, because it can adjust to a very long stride, but the gym only has 4 of 'em.

Also, the gym never has any towels when I get there...I realize it's the busiest time, (5:00-5:30,) but this gym is MAD expensive (for other people...I only pay $18 because of a work discount,) they can afford to spend $200 to get another few dozen cheap towels.

Oh, and their wifi is pure poo poo, because I'm sure it's just some low-level, home use access point and it can't handle all of the connections from everyone trying to use it at once. And since it's also in a bad cell reception area, and it's a big metal building, I have to remember to download podcasts or music ahead of time and hope I don't want to listen to anything else.

Basically, gyms suck; but it's winter, and I have a tiny apartment, so it's my only way to get in better shape.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm going to be out of town most of next week so I made it a point to not buy much perishable food. A nice lady I've been seeing brought me more perishable foods and now I think I have more perishables than I can eat before I leave.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I just found out there's going to be a solar eclipse in two days time, very much visible from where I live.

Too bad I'm stuck about 8600 km from home and I won't be back until the day AFTER the eclipse :smithicide:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Isn't that a 3rd world problem? :v:

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
It's spring break and I keep sleeping in too much.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
We got new pots and pans but I'm too tired/lazy to do that "new pan oil treatment" thing you're supposed to do on them right now. :effort:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Unless it's cast iron, heating the pan before adding the oil and then adding food normally is all you need?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
No idea, I didn't buy them. Didn't even know we were getting them 'til Dad walked in the door with 'em so :shrug: But I'm the one who usually does the cooking, so it falls to me anyway.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
An artist I like made a comic, but apparently it wasn't popular because the next thing they did was completely different.

Also it reminded me I can't draw nearly as well as I wish I could.

Cuntellectual has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Mar 20, 2015

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Listening to the 1992 recording of Górecki's 3rd Symphony ("Symphony of Sorrowful Songs", about mothers separated from their children, and heavily influenced by the Holocaust) and feeling sad because it isn't 1992 anymore.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My internet at home has been going out once a day for an hour or two at a time. Sometimes it's while I'm at work so I never notice it. Sometimes it's while I'm home but it's not completely terrible because I have other things I could be doing.

but the fact that it's going down at all is driving me crazy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
EEENNHHHHH

I gotta go grocery shopping and I also gotta make out a grocery list but I'm all annoyed because I have to make ~2~ of the goddamn things because I am going to go to Costco and I've never been so I dunno what all I can get there vs what I can't.

So now I gotta keep track of like, 2 lists, plus put on pants and leave the house and deal with the PUBLIC (ohgodwhy) and that's just more than I want to do right now but I have to go to Sam's anyway for a med refill so it's like, EEENNHHHHH I HAVE TO GO BUT I DON'T WANNA.

Granted I'm kinda hyped up to make bison chili but at the same time I just wanna hermitize.

Plus Costco is in like, the 3rd worst place for traffic in the city I have to drive to OH MY GOD.

That's my first world problems for the day.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I'm too stubbourn to acknowledge when I'm sick, so a minor cold became a major one and all the coughing pulled a muscle in my chest. Now I'm too stubbourn to stay home and let it heal properly so I have to take expired muscle relaxers before going in to work all weekend.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I ate too much candy again and now my stomach is all gibbered up.

I blame Obama.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I had to pay for my pizza in my footie pajamas. My cookie monster footie pajamas. Wearing a cookie monster tank top.

All for being too lazy on a Saturday to put on proper clothes.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
My neighbors are all super nice and friendly and keep trying to tell me about awesome shows they saw at SXSW (the ones who are new in town, anyway) and after having to work some shows, I really wish they would all buzz off and leave me alone so I can put the stress behind me while I take my trash to the dumpsters to clean my apartment.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I broke the lid of my toilet tank (tank itself is fine) while cleaning the bathroom, and it's going to take 7-10 days for the replacement to arrive.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm going to be insanely busy through all of April working on my college honors project.

I'm also incredibly busy today and tomorrow getting ready to head off to NCECA on Tuesday. I need to be up at 4 a.m. for that and I really, really don't like getting up at 4 a.m.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
The fish convention went super awesome and I won some prizes, and a bag of fish I really didn't want but thought someone else was going to outbid me on. So now I can't order the other fish I wanted to online. But even if I could, I'm torn between which of two species to get and it's getting close to too hot to ship fish.

One prize I got was an 8 gallon rimless tank with LED lighting and I have no place to set it up.

I have off tomorrow and Tuesday but we have a meeting on Saturday at work at loving 8am and I know maybe half of the people will show up because they don't feel like coming in. I need a good excuse in order to skip.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?
There are way to many m&ms in my ice cream. I'm looking for a 0-2 per bite ratio. You gave me a 3-4 per bite ratio. I asked for light m&ms! I don't want to eat it but I'm to nice to get another one!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I ordered a thing off eBay (for a third of the price of buying it in a shop) because I'm too lazy and too much of a shut-in to go to the store and buy the same product and now I have to wait 2-3 days for it to arrive even though it is in no way time-sensitive or terribly important :(

Chocolate Chips
Jan 27, 2007

Chocolatey goodness.

Zig-Zag posted:

There are way to many m&ms in my ice cream. I'm looking for a 0-2 per bite ratio. You gave me a 3-4 per bite ratio. I asked for light m&ms! I don't want to eat it but I'm to nice to get another one!

My FWP is that I never get enough m&ms. :arghfist:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The lunches that I pack for work are so delicious that I always end up eating them too early in the day.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I thought I had a little piece of cheese left, but when I moved my remaining salad around I realised I'd eaten it all. I don't have enough lunch left to make it worth going to the fridge for a bit more cheese :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yesterday I was sleepy so I went to bed early, but I really wanted to watch an LP on Youtube instead :(

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I made a good lunch for work and now I'm going to eat it all before noon because I can't stop myself.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I'm hungry and there's some great leftover in the fridge but I'm not sure when I made it so my brain tries to convince me that it's going to make me sick but there's less than 1% chance it's bad since it smells good and looks fine.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Sanford posted:

I thought I had a little piece of cheese left, but when I moved my remaining salad around I realised I'd eaten it all. I don't have enough lunch left to make it worth going to the fridge for a bit more cheese :(

I had this exact FWP yesterday, so for today's salad I'm confirming there's a little piece of cheese left for my last bite.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014
Whenever I wait for my bus I see at least three of the same line going the other way before having to wait an extra 10 minutes before one finally shows up on my side. When I return and take the other side, the exact same thing happens.
Also the bus schedule is useless, stating "between 7am and 8pm: buses every 10-11 minutes" which is a complete lie. If a bus just passed I have to wait at least 20 minutes.

I can't wait to get back to my country, with an actual schedule with ACTUAL TIMES INSTEAD OF THESE lovely FAKE ESTIMATES. gently caress you, London :mad:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

There's two buses I can catch to take me to work in the morning. There's one at 8:26 which for some reason some times just doesn't show up at all. There's another at 8:39 which just barely gets me to work on time.

Both buses cover the same route and both make a stop at a subway station where the bus quickly fills up. If I'm riding the 8:39, the driver of that route spends the next several minutes yelling at people to keep moving to the back of the bus to make room for more people even when we don't have any room to move. The driver of the 8:26, however, doesn't say a word and it's hilarious how bad people are at making room. The front of the bus is jam packed with people standing shoulder to shoulder with the back of the bus having so much room I could stretch my legs out.

It bothers me how annoying the driver yelling at us can be but I recognize it as a necessary evil as it bothers me even more how dumb people are.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really need to cook a defrosted pork loin but I just don't really want to. I thought I'd want to make it, hence the defrosting, but now I'm just like, enh.

Maybe I'll want to make one after a nap.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I had a really nice steak for dinner, then I watched a cooking show, now I'm craving carbs :cripes:

But I can't eat again or I'll get super fat WHY IS MY LIFE SO HARD :saddowns:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I cut my bangs blunt a couple weeks ago and I love them BUT THEY KEEP TICKLING MY EYELIDS ARGH

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
For buschat: when I was at university, the first bus I caught to get home was routinely ten to twenty minutes late, which of course meant that I'd miss the second bus I needed to catch to actually get home. I asked one of the bus drivers about it once, and apparently it was the worst-designed bus route in the city, passing a number of high schools and primary schools on a route of above-average length, and yet never getting any redesign or rush-hour compensation because it just looped around lower-end suburbs while barely touching any important areas.

Complaining about poor public transport seems pretty first-world-problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
I gave a friend of mine a DVD set of a recent TV series... he complained "They make too many good shows these days for me to have time to watch them all"