Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kaubocks posted:

There's two buses I can catch to take me to work in the morning. There's one at 8:26 which for some reason some times just doesn't show up at all. There's another at 8:39 which just barely gets me to work on time.
A few years ago I lived in a place where there were no trains or trams, so I had to catch a bus, and I'd always have to catch the bus that got me to work half and hour early because the one twenty minutes later was often running late and would just skip my stop to make up time. :argh:

Kaubocks posted:

Both buses cover the same route and both make a stop at a subway station where the bus quickly fills up. If I'm riding the 8:39, the driver of that route spends the next several minutes yelling at people to keep moving to the back of the bus to make room for more people even when we don't have any room to move. The driver of the 8:26, however, doesn't say a word and it's hilarious how bad people are at making room. The front of the bus is jam packed with people standing shoulder to shoulder with the back of the bus having so much room I could stretch my legs out.
I don't understand the thought process that leads to this. Whenever I get on a tram I move immediately away from the doors. Most people pause in the doorway to scan their ticket on the nearest machine. Granted, the whole Myki system is terrible and anyone could see that putting those machines by the doors was going to make this happen, but come on. You've travelled by tram before, you know there are more machines further in, stop blocking the doorway.

Then there's the way people run right up to the tram (or train) as soon as it arrives, then have to back off to let people out. You know people are going to be trying to get out, just wait. I've even seen people immediately get up and cluster around the doors of a train after an announcement over the PA had just said "Please do not board the train." Sit down, you idiots. You have to wait for the announcement saying we can get on. The doors won't even open yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I broke the screen on my phone.

Now, do I potentially get 70 bucks stolen from me as I buy a replacement screen from a shady Hong-Kong Web store then risk bricking it as I fumble around with the delicate electronics, or do I just live with it?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I got a new credit card recently, and did a balance transfer from an older card. But the transfer took too long, so I had to make a payment on the card anyway. So now that the balance transfer went through, I have a -$150 balance on the old card from the payment.

That in and of itself isn't a bad thing, just slightly annoying I have to use this card a little bit more before cancelling it.

I went to go buy Bloodborne for my PS4 from Amazon, and got it digital because I want to play it tonight (I was traveling the past week so didn't want to pre-order a physical version that would be in a box on my porch for a few days before I got home, and had crummy internet access while I was away so couldn't order it Wednesday to get here today, either.)

I go to get the digital version from Amazon, and I wanted to pay for it in full with that old card to "use up" that credit as fast as possible, but Amazon forced me to use the $25 I had in gift card credit. I don't know why their digital order checkout is so much different than their regular one, but there was no option to NOT use the gift card credit. In their normal checkout, when you choose a payment, there's a little checkbox to not use your credit, but not with digital orders.

So now, to make things "even," I have to order a $25 gift card with that same credit card and add it back into my account.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm sick. I don't have to work.

But I hate being sick!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sweet As Sin posted:

I'm sick. I don't have to work.

But I hate being sick!

I'm sick, but I work from home.

Still working. :(

Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
I didn't receive the scholarship I expected (one that I'm currently on) for the coming academic year, and since I haven't invested much time and I'm sufficiently disappointed, I am going to drop out of this degree program and pursue a few creative and teaching gigs. I've been upset about the financial shake-up, though.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I have too many games to play. Bloodborne, MonHun, MLB The Show next week, and Pillars of Eternity and not enough time to play all of them :(.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Mr E posted:

I have too many games to play. Bloodborne, MonHun, MLB The Show next week, and Pillars of Eternity and not enough time to play all of them :(.

Oh god pillars of eternity is so good. I'm tempted to call in sick for the next three days to just power through that game.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I just had to restore windows to the initial backup (i.e. WELCOME TO WINDOWS level), and now I have to reinstall all kinds of bullshit.

At least I'm not alone, my buddy had to do the same thing. He made a backup of his poo poo first though, I just have A COMPLETELY CLEAN DRIVE.

Hoorah.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I got a sausage today when I went to vote and they gave me less onion than I'd have liked. The back half of the sausage was onionless. :(

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Facebook keeps recommending me geocentrism groups and I don't know why.

TINY T-REX ARMS
Feb 12, 2011
Nine times out of ten, the only Youtube advertisement I get before a video is the loving Zoom Tan one. The music gets stuck in my head all day after that and I just have to wonder...who even stops someone on the street and compliments them on their tan? Who does that? What if the person is just one of those people that's a different race aside from white and you're too dumb to figure out what? (Although sometimes I look at a person and have to wonder exactly what ethnicity they are.)

It haunts me.

Also, I'm black. The gently caress do I need a tan for?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Daylight saving time starts tonight. I'll have to adjust all the clocks in my house, and I'm 100% sure I'm going to miss at least one.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I just got home from a really great convention but now my joints ache and I have other things I need to do today. I can sit down when I do most of them but that makes them slightly slower to get done. Standing is just way more convenient.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Anime Boston is coming next month and I am dreading my daily commute suddenly filling up with smelly weeaboos.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Anime Boston is coming next month and I am dreading my daily commute suddenly filling up with smelly weeaboos.

I used to work on a national touring theater show and one week our show was booked in the same hotel as Anime Boston. Holy poo poo it was the worst week ever. I'm not going to even disparage the lovely costumes or even the body odor. It was the noise and the incredibly strange, inappropriate behavior that all of these kids were engaging in. Saw two of them dry humping in the elevator and calling each other Goku or some poo poo; a few of them were running down the hallway of my floor shouting some Japanese and having a plastic sword fight; a table full of them at the sandwich shop across the street asking if they can get rice or sushi (it was a loving sandwich shop, Jesus Christ); and the worst was just a loving gaggle of them "fighting" each other in the lobby while a circle of unwashed creepers forms around them. Ugh. :smithicide:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Bertrand Hustle posted:

As one storm ends, another begins...

:rip: Orange Line

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I really want to play Far Cry 4 again, and I knew I should have gotten it when it was on sale in the PS store for $35 but I didn't, so now it's $60 again. It's $30 on Amazon, and I just ordered it, but it won't get here till Tuesday. I want to play it nooooowwwwwww :qq:

About public transit. If I take the bus at 7:50-8:00am, it takes 20 minutes to get downtown. If I get on anywhere after 8, it takes an hour because there's 40000 cars on the road. gently caress these people. Why are they driving when they can just take the bus? And it's not a urine bus, these routes have super clean buses with no drunk hobos or other weirdos, so they have no excuse. And I have no loving clue where they park downtown because there's so few parking lots, and the ones that exist are like $50 for a 9-5. You can pay $5 to take the bus, or train, round trip. Plus the bus is faster because it pretty much has right of way because it's huge, and while they're sitting in a parking lot traffic jam, the bus is breezing by. Bus is still an hour but I'm sure it takes them at LEAST 1.5 hours to just get downtown.

Stupid country and its capitalist car poo poo :911: :ussr:

E: it's really irritating that editing posts sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work on chrome for iOS. Right now I can select where I want to type with the letter selection bar because it recognizes that I'm typing words, but usually it just selects the whole text box area as if it were an image, with only a Copy option.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 08:09 on Mar 29, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Use the Awful app.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

Use the Awful app.

I know but I like the desktop version of things, mobile versions make me angry.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Thin Privilege posted:

I know but I like the desktop version of things, mobile versions make me angry.

I can vouch for Awful app, it's not bad at all.

First world problem: the person relieving me at the end of my shift has been over an hour late every loving day for two weeks now. I'm about to have words with the supervisor.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
I'm out of tissues but I don't want to go upstairs just to put socks on to go out in the garage and get new tissues because it's *really* cold in the garage and i'm not wearing socks

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?
I got free alcohol at a convention and now I'm too sick to return for the second day. :(

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
The supermarket didn't have the soy & linseed bread I like so I had to buy the kind with pumpkin seeds instead.

Jenova
Dec 3, 2009

HONK.
Fallen Rib
I should be really comfortable sitting on my nice sofa in front of a wood fire in a big living room in a big farmhouse, but one of my cats is sitting on my lap and she has a terrible case of the farts, thus ruining the idyllic rural atmosphere.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

My new job gave me an iPhone as that is what the company uses. Old job I had an android and I am more used to/comfortable with that.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
My Nexus 7 updated to Android 5.0, which has an insane amount of bugs, and I'm having trouble figuring out ADB Universal Driver to downgrade back to 4.4.4, so now I have a $150 paperweight.

:negative:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I can vouch for Awful app, it's not bad at all.

First world problem: the person relieving me at the end of my shift has been over an hour late every loving day for two weeks now. I'm about to have words with the supervisor.

You should have words anyway, because short of "I or my child have cancer" that's unacceptable. Doubly so if you don't get to claim that extra hour for overtime.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This is the third time I've tried to transfer a rather large file from my computer to my phone. Twice now it's died out (the USB cord I'm using is beat to shreds so I'm sure that's the reason for the disconnection its claiming), and I'm afraid to do anything to touch anything until it's finished.

Update: Got down to ~5 minutes left and Windows suddenly thought the phone was disconnected. :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 05:36 on Mar 30, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Greatbacon posted:

You should have words anyway, because short of "I or my child have cancer" that's unacceptable. Doubly so if you don't get to claim that extra hour for overtime.

I get to claim the hour... up to a point. If I go over a certain amount of hours per week the government stops paying me disability benefits, apparently, and we kinda need that for rent. :arghfist::saddowns: And nope, she has had no good excuses for it. First time was getting pulled over for speeding/not having a license. Okay, understandable... The next few had no information whatsoever. The latest one she, for whatever reason, admitted herself into a mental hospital and didn't feel the need to tell us because she thought she could just walk back out whenever she wanted :downs:

I'm fairly certain she's only still employed because the site supervisor desperately wants into her pants.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
My PTO is about to max out so I'm going to have to cash it out. I only get 75% of my hourly rate for the cash out. I never have to take PTO because I only work 3 nights a week so I just move my schedule around to accommodate vacations.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Classic first world problem, I left my smartphone at home so I had to make do with my backup convenience phone with old-style blackberry keys. The funniest part was when I messaged people from my temp phone EVERY SINGLE ONE replied with fake/serious hysteria at the loss of my smartphone...as though they all read and contributed to this thread and I know they don't.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

MisterBibs posted:

This is the third time I've tried to transfer a rather large file from my computer to my phone. Twice now it's died out (the USB cord I'm using is beat to shreds so I'm sure that's the reason for the disconnection its claiming), and I'm afraid to do anything to touch anything until it's finished.

Update: Got down to ~5 minutes left and Windows suddenly thought the phone was disconnected. :(

If it's an Android phone, use something like Airdroid or WiFi File Transfer and ditch that cord.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

My phone's broken screen keeps getting worse. The top third of the screen is now covered in lines making it very hard to read text.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
After 10 years of using it, Amazon is now charging me tax. Considering I buy at LEAST $1,500 of stuff a year from them, it's now close to $100 in tax per year, which pretty much cancels out any points I get with the Amazon rewards card. And you know all that tax just goes into some corrupt politician's pocket.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

After 10 years of using it, Amazon is now charging me tax.

They are doing it because, for the past ten years, they've been relying on a "Well, our customers should've been paying the required taxes" loophole in order to make their prices look better than brick and mortar sellers.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
That's not a bad thing though imo

E: their prices are still way better. I'm just pissed that I'm now paying for the corrupt assholes in this state to get new BMWs and vacations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

That's not a bad thing though imo

E: their prices are still way better. I'm just pissed that I'm now paying for the corrupt assholes in this state to get new BMWs and vacations.

I don't think you know how taxes work.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I had to drain the pool entirely because the pump is broken. My mom wants to fix the pump even if she never uses the pool. I just want to bulldoze dirt into the fucker. Right now it's sitting dry and the mosquitoes are waiting for her to fill it.

My friend is going through a tough time in her marriage, the one I never approved of and the guy is a selfish rear end in a top hat, but I can't do anything to help her and all i can do is wait.

The front yard is full of weeds AGAIN. I just pulled the entire yard two weeks ago and it's full again. My mom keeps saying she will do it, but she never does. I guess we can blame her bad knee for it, but I also blame loving FarmVille.

Lastly, did my bullshit gauge finally hit because CinemaSins is no longer funny and is nothing but nitpicking whiny guys bitching that a hot actress isn't doing a lapdance or is their girlfriend or stupid poo poo about kids' movies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

Lastly, did my bullshit gauge finally hit because CinemaSins is no longer funny and is nothing but nitpicking whiny guys bitching that a hot actress isn't doing a lapdance or is their girlfriend or stupid poo poo about kids' movies?

I've also recently gotten tired of their stuff. He'll go on a two minute tangent about the amount of liquid in a glass changing between shots, which isn't funny or interesting.

As a reprieve, I recommend looking up Movies With Mikey from the chainsawsuit channel on youtube. He goes off about why movies are good and is really funny (although there's not many videos)