Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

The real world power consumption of my new 3070rtx gpu is higher than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Nearly two entire years ago, I found a small screw on the floor in my office at home. I looked under my tables, under my chair, even inside the light fixture in the ceiling to see where it might have come from.

I said, no, I will NOT throw this out because I know that when I do I will find where it came from. So I held onto that tiny mystery screw for over one and a half years. It sat there in the little organiser on my desk, with my pens and other crap, mocking me.

Finally, I decided to throw it out about two months ago because, if I hadn't found where it had come from by now, it couldn't have been that important.

And, of course, you all know where this is going.

I went to move my panel heater tonight and one set of wheels fell off. And when I moved the heater to one side, I found a loving screw just like the one I threw out, sitting on the floor.

Turns out, each set of wheels has two screws holding them in place. One had fallen out two years ago while the other one held valiantly on until tonight.

:sigh:

At least it's not all bad. I had another screw of the right size in one of my parts bins and ground it to length on the sander, so technically the problem's all fixed.

I'm just very annoyed with the universe right now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The unvierse is a piece of poo poo!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
And that is why The Junk Drawer exists. To throw that poo poo into until this exact scenario happens.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Goat milk (at least anywhere near I've ever lived) 1) never goes on sale, and 2) doesn't seem to come in sizes bigger than a quart. It's too versatile (or I drink too much of it) to be sold in such small & expensive portions! :mad:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
There's always cool words Germans have. I need words for the following feelings:

1. I am a pedestrian in a car so I have no radio/music rights. The driver cannot stop changing the stations every 5-10 seconds if a song they like is not on. The option to turn off the radio never happens. There are 6 presets on the radio. Sometimes we hear the start and end of the same ad in the same rapid click rotation.

2. I am off work or chores and sit down to relax: music does not bother me, the TV doesn't bother me. What does is someone constantly needing to fill the otherwise white-noise-air with chatter. Every 2-4 minutes there has to be talking. Now after about 15 minutes and a snack, I am fine with the steady stream of toddler like questions, but perhaps it's being hangry and needing to decompress. I do not live with a toddler. I don't understand how people with toddlers don't snap.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The wifi in my basement is spotty but I don't want to buy another node for my mesh router because I want to upgrade the whole system next year.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cowslips Warren posted:

There's always cool words Germans have. I need words for the following feelings:

1. I am a pedestrian in a car so I have no radio/music rights. The driver cannot stop changing the stations every 5-10 seconds if a song they like is not on. The option to turn off the radio never happens. There are 6 presets on the radio. Sometimes we hear the start and end of the same ad in the same rapid click rotation.

2. I am off work or chores and sit down to relax: music does not bother me, the TV doesn't bother me. What does is someone constantly needing to fill the otherwise white-noise-air with chatter. Every 2-4 minutes there has to be talking. Now after about 15 minutes and a snack, I am fine with the steady stream of toddler like questions, but perhaps it's being hangry and needing to decompress. I do not live with a toddler. I don't understand how people with toddlers don't snap.

I would simply slap the drivers hand

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have a job where I have to work onsite Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have the option to work from home the other two weekdays. It’s a tech support call center, so I do the same things either way.

I was recently read-ended (while sitting still waiting for the opportunity to turn out of a parking lot :argh:), and have a repair scheduled for Monday. Minor damage, but it’ll still take time. I have to rent a car to go to work now. I asked if I can just work from home on Monday to make the logistics of dropping off my car and picking up the rental easier, but my boss said no. They’d rather me take PTO to get the car than just work from home for a day. The rental place is closed on Sundays as far as I can tell.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The bushes at the end of my driveway need one more strand of Christmas lights each to cover them fully, but I don't wanna buy stuff now when I know it's all gonna be 70% off a week after Christmas.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I usually shave with an electric razor and 1/2 guard once a week or so, to spare myself actual shaving and actual beard care

This afternoon I cleaned my razor and forgot to put the guard back on before shaving. Then I had to goddam shave the real way bc an electric razor does not produce a nice shave. I keep touching my face and feeling off.

To add adorable to injury, my little daughters are having a lot of fun slapping my face tonight and I think this is the first time in their lives they've seen me clean-shaven

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I usually shave with an electric razor and 1/2 guard once a week or so, to spare myself actual shaving and actual beard care

This afternoon I cleaned my razor and forgot to put the guard back on before shaving. Then I had to goddam shave the real way bc an electric razor does not produce a nice shave. I keep touching my face and feeling off.

To add adorable to injury, my little daughters are having a lot of fun slapping my face tonight and I think this is the first time in their lives they've seen me clean-shaven

If you shaved off a random section of your beard and then just went and shaved the rest off you missed your chance to get a bizarre John Travolta manscaped beard
https://news.yahoo.com/john-travoltas-bizarre-new-beard-his-latest-97805573471.html

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wrapping up some work, listening to a playlist on shuffle, right about to go to bed because it's late and oops a song that I really like came on, guess I can't shut down until I listen to it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you shaved off a random section of your beard and then just went and shaved the rest off you missed your chance to get a bizarre John Travolta manscaped beard
https://news.yahoo.com/john-travoltas-bizarre-new-beard-his-latest-97805573471.html

That is legit some AI looking art but I know it's not. Maybe it's the eyes. The eyes, per Discworld rules, never look right.

FWP: having a fight with my friend because he showed up and decided to visit yesterday. This is the friend I house/dogsit for, and instead of paying me, he brings me back souvenirs. Normally I wouldn't want either, but I've been doing this poo poo for over a decade, it's a pain in the rear end to literally be on call 24/7 in case his house alarm goes off (it has in the past, and cue me getting to his house at 2am to check in with the police) and he refuses to give me a garage door opener, and with his three front doors, each one with its own alarm button, sprinting from the trio to the main console to turn it off before the alarm calls the cops is about 40 seconds. Let alone in years past when he had 4 dogs, 2 with medical issues. It got to the point when I told him I couldn't housesit for a week for him, because I was working, he was shocked because I always did it and he had never made a backup person.

Anyway he has had my things for about 3 months. He keeps texting me he'll drop them off at my porch but never does. Yesterday I am at work and he says he's leaving them there in about 10 mins. Okay fine great, I'll be home in a while. But when I get home about 30 mins later, his car is blocking my driveway by half, and the moron is inside. Seems he found my screen door closed but front door opened, and knowing my mom works from home (though retired now, not sure if he remembered that) he started yelling at the screen door that he was here. Real classy. So mom lets him in and they're visiting when I get in, irritated as gently caress from the day and work and the fact he decided he wanted to visit, which really means "I want to play with all your cats and look over all your aquariums and check over your DVDs and see if there's any I want to borrow."

I told him straight out I was not in the mood to be social, he said this was going to be a DROP for over three months, not a loving visit which can last an hour with him, and I just got off work and have evening chores to do. He and my mom chatted for a bit more before he left. I should not be surprised at my mom because since COVID started, she worked from home, and now she's retired, she usually forgets how you need to decompress after work and a good long drive home, and not be social hosting.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I really have to pee but every time I try moving the 15 lb cat on my lap he makes pitiful noises and I can't bear to move him.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Just got word that the gift I ordered for my sister that was supposed to arrive by today was delayed until the 27th.

You should get the day after Christmas off too. How do you make people celebrate it knowing you have to get up for work tomorrow? Also it just bothers me that jobs tend to get more time off for Thanksgiving than Christmas. Seems wrong.

Shout out to the everyone who doesn’t get any of those days off.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Christmas is already a paid holiday as a celebration of the most important event in history (Jesus birthday) but there’s no rationale for the 26th as well. A poor excuse for picking a man's pocket every twenty-sixth of December!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Swing and a miss on that one, opl. Rest up on the long weekend, buddy,

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

I brought my Drake posted:

I really have to pee but every time I try moving the 15 lb cat on my lap he makes pitiful noises and I can't bear to move him.

My first wold problem is I can’t see the cat

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
FWP: my mom is retired and wants to adopt a kitten. We already have 6 cats. And there's no fighting among them, everything is cool, so of course she wants to throw a nuke in.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Just got a jury summons, and it had a typo in it. It said I’m scheduled to come in at 11:45 PM!

I emailed the court and they clarified that they do not, in fact, have a secret midnight court that isn’t on their website. Here you’re supposed to call a number the Friday before to confirm that you’re still required to be there, and presumably that would have cleared this up, but that still could have messed things up for requesting time off. Fun thing to see on a thing that'll get me in trouble if I don't follow the directions!

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Jan 6, 2024

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I hate how they do jury duty summons for an entire county. And a whole $12 a day! Wowza!

FWP: my friend and I have been doing online rpgs for over 10 years now. We alternate GM and have done several plays. But now her schedule has changed: mon and tues she has tabletops with in-person groups. and she is asking me to be in a Saturday online tabletop with her and her spouse. and she doesn't understand why I'm annoyed that she has "set days" for other rpgs but not ours. and when I asked hey, do we get a night where it's just for our stuff, she laments even on her busy nights she has all the childcare to do.

And then she got mad when I wasn't all enthused for our current game. Like, if it was that important for you, make some loving time for our stuff too.

I mostly don't want to do the game with her and her spouse because he tried to cheat on her, and does nothing at all for childcare, so why the hell do I want to spend any time with him?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
If that last paragraph was rhetorical, it shouldn't be

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sentient Data posted:

If that last paragraph was rhetorical, it shouldn't be

Not rhetorical at all, we still live a few states away and it's not like I would be alone with him but seriously.

The best part was his defense that they had vaguely discussed an open relationship once, and since she had never clearly vetoed that, it really wasn't cheating or attempt to cheat. Either that or the better part was he used part of their daughters college fund to go visit high school friends while she stayed at home with their kid, and he asked the lesbian couple in the friend group if sex was on the table for his visit. And was somehow shocked that they were uncomfortable with his questioning, and asked him to leave, which meant he didn't have a place to stay for the rest of the vacation and he had to arrange for an early flight back home 🙂

Totally someone I want to hang around with.

Fwp: did not go for my usual late afternoon evening walk tonight because one of my tortoises decided she was going to dig a hole to lay eggs. Over 2 hours later, not a single egg has been laid, though she has dug the hole, and is currently sitting there and enjoying the space heater and not laying at all.

edit: 11 eggs as of 8:40 and she's done and in bed. Still getting a larger space heater.

Cowslips Warren has a new favorite as of 04:40 on Jan 7, 2024

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
We're expecting our first child soon and I have been in charge of finding a car seat. Living in Japan, a lot of the English-language recommendations for a car seat don't easily transfer over to what's available here. However, I found a recommendation, it looked good, was very well-reviewed, so we bought it. Now it has arrived only for me to discover what ISOFIX is and that our early-/mid-2000s kei cars don't have ISOFIX. I feel like a complete loving idiot for not noticing before buying. So now I'm trying to find out if we can return in even though it was taken out of the box. Fun times.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My apartment key has gone missing.

It's in the apartment somewhere, I just have abso-loving-lutely no idea where. I left it under the doormat for my niece to let herself in from visiting her dad while my Dad and I were both asleep after our shifts, she left it on my computer desk. I put it in my shorts pocket. I took it *out* of my pocket for a reason I cannot remember due to still being 2/3rds asleep at the time and now it has vanished into the aether.

It's not a problem as such because I only need to use the thing like 3 times a year tops, it's just annoying as gently caress.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Choose one of three options.

1: return the car seat
2: return the car
3: return the child

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My apartment key has gone missing.

Sounds like a betting pool opportunity to me!

My money's on inside the fridge

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Y'know what? Sure, what the hell, I'm feeling generous :v: I'll buy a forums upgrade or av certificate for whoever's guess ends up being closest when/if the drat thing turns up.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

It's in the laundry.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Already checked the laundry, alas. Also under the couches, under the dining table, most of the kitchen sans deep diving into the fridge or cabinets, and under around/behind my computer desk.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Under the fridge or stove.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
If you're anything like me, you might have put it back in your shorts and don't remember that :downs: If I'm right, please donate the cost of the upgrade to the Red Cross or another charity of your choice, I'm p. good with regards to my SA stuff.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Y'know what? Sure, what the hell, I'm feeling generous :v: I'll buy a forums upgrade or av certificate for whoever's guess ends up being closest when/if the drat thing turns up.

It's in the washing machine's rubber gasket. If that's actually true I'd also prefer the donation.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I put it in my shorts pocket. I took it *out* of my pocket for a reason I cannot remember due to still being 2/3rds asleep at the time and now it has vanished into the aether.

Only reason you would've taken it out of your shorts pocket

-doing laundry
-changing clothes
-emptying pockets out to find something else
-putting it back someplace for safe keeping

stand in the room where you last did each of these things, around the spot you would've been normally standing, and look at every place that's either within arms reach or line-of-sight. chances are you put it someplace convenient so that you wouldn't forget it, and then put something else on top of it. (i used to do this 2 or 3 times a day and would find them by following these steps subconsciously, now they got me on that adderall and it's amazing how much easier it is to find poo poo)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You put it with your wallet or on your coffee table/table you put all your poo poo you will put away one day.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The crickets took it. They're getting revenge for all the name-calling.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--9kqhzQ-8Q

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Coming out of hiding to say check the inside of all nearby shoes. Is that where it is? Probably not. Is that where a set of keys fell and disappeared for 3 months, because the shoe was out of season and I didn’t put them on or move them from the spot they were at? Yes.

I’m haunted by that. I thought I left them somewhere. We changed the apartment lock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
My friend lost their mobile phone for three months because they were using it to keep their place in a recipe book while cooking, and closed the book and put it in a drawer, somehow not noticing that the book hadn't shut properly.