Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
People quote long image posts so when I'm browsing on my phone I have to scroll through them all a second or even third time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I finally pulled all the weeds in the front yard this weekend because the sprays never seem to work for long. I left a few patches of wildflowers and wild plants because they look nice, aren't weeds, and are flowering. My mom came out and decided to spray the gently caress out of the yard, resulting in her throwing out her back, so the rest of the weekend she spent in bed, on the couch, or barely able to sit at her computer, and because she woke up in the middle of the night to take some pain pills, she left the fridge door open and since it was open for several hours, all the food on the top shelf near the light bulb has melted, thawed, or is just no good anymore.

gently caress, the milk is room temperature. I just went grocery shopping yesterday.

My work opens an hour later today, but if I leave my house an hour later to get there or tried to sleep in, traffic would have made my 40 minute commute 90 minutes. So I have to drive in at standard time and wait in the parking lot for someone to open the loving door.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

I'm having a new kitchen put in. That is good. I have to empty out my old kitchen, which is a massive hassle.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I just walked halfway to the office (7 minutes) before realizing today was a public holiday, and had to go back.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend started smoking again and it's really annoying me that she did.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Same here.

She bought a couple packs while we were on vacation a couple weeks because,
'It's a vacation! I should be able to do what I want!'

And then of course she had to finish the second pack she bought after we got home because otherwise it's a waste of money (:rolleyes:). And since then she's bought another pack because she was out drinking with a friend, and she smokes, so of course she had to buy a pack to smoke with her, and then of course finish that pack throughout the week.

And no, OBVIOUSLY, she couldn't just not smoke, because then she'd be all alone in the bar while her friend smoked outside... And no, she couldn't just bum a few cigs because she smokes a different brand (:rolleyes::rolleyes:).

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

mobby_6kl posted:

I just walked halfway to the office (7 minutes) before realizing today was a public holiday, and had to go back.

I got some surprise extra money and will use some of it to cover an expensive picture framing I had done. But I called the frame shop to check their hours and they're closed for the holiday.

I really wanted to pay for the frame as soon as possible, because my resolve to hold off on a WiiU is wearing thin. I gotta spend one more day blocking out the siren song of the good Captain Toad.

One... more... day...

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I dislike seeing creases on my new iPad case when I fold it over so I can use it as a stand. I also dislike ebay sellers who opt not to give tracking info for items they ship out.

Kaubocks posted:

I'm having a hard time getting comfortable in bed.

I'm starting to enjoy a game I originally thought was poo poo so now I have to admit I was wrong.

We all told you, now you must eat your words. Is there an ETA on re-evaluating other games you wrongly think are poo poo?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My new phone is arriving early (today, not Wednesday,) but the screen protector and case won't be here till Wednesday.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

A thing I bought online a while ago is still affected by the shipping delays on the west coast. I just want my stupid poo poo now!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

DrBouvenstein posted:

Same here.

And then of course she had to finish the second pack she bought after we got home because otherwise it's a waste of money (:rolleyes:). And since then she's bought another pack because she was out drinking with a friend, and she smokes, so of course she had to buy a pack to smoke with her, and then of course finish that pack throughout the week.

And no, OBVIOUSLY, she couldn't just not smoke, because then she'd be all alone in the bar while her friend smoked outside... And no, she couldn't just bum a few cigs because she smokes a different brand (:rolleyes::rolleyes:).

Don't you have leverage you can use, being their boyfriends?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
SEVER

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

My legs and shoulders are really itchy today and I don't know why.

Tater Tot 13
Nov 14, 2003

Making the best of a goon situation.
It's going to rain tomorrow and because I work outside we'll be shut down and I'll have to play video games to pass the time.

Hummingbirds posted:

My legs and shoulders are really itchy today and I don't know why.

The eggs are about to hatch.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Same here.

Urgh, my wife does the same bullshit song and dance routine. She's always been a heavy smoker but every six months or so she decides to quit cold turkey which lasts for about two days before the nicotine cravings kick her rear end so she scales back to deciding to 'cut down' on her smoking. So she says she'll smoke X cigarettes a day until the pack runs out but then on the fourth or fifth day there's only Y smokes left in the pack so she's gotta buy a new pack to bring the number back up to X which then means she's compelled to smoke the rest of the second pack. Or she has a 'bad day' and is 'stressed' which means she needs to smoke half a pack or some other dumb, lovely reason why she can't quit and it's like, goddamn, I don't like that you're smoking yourself to death but just loving own it, admit you're a filthy addict and smoke as many damned cigarettes as you want instead of this dumb thing of pretending to try and quit and pretending to care about your health. gently caress.

Current FWP: decided to try and take control of my credit card debt by getting a loan for the amount I owe on my card so I can pay off the balance without the interest eating half my repayments and only got approved for a loan less than 20% of what I owe on my card
:negative:

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder
My FWP is that I can't smoke enough cigs in one sitting to erase myself from this mortal coil.

Especially after this tax hike, they're at 15 bucks a pack now for Christ's sake

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

EXAKT Science posted:

There's only so much you can do even as the boyfriend. Either they want to quit smoking, or they don't.

Bukowski posted:

My FWP is that I can't smoke enough cigs in one sitting to erase myself from this mortal coil.

Especially after this tax hike, they're at 15 bucks a pack now for Christ's sake

My sister is the only family member who smokes and she WILL NOT SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT THIS :tizzy:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

I got out of work early today on the one nice day we're supposed to have this week, I got to enjoy it with some beer and baseball. However when my paycheck comes it won't be as good as it usually is.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

As mentioned, there's only so much you can do if they don't wanna quit.

It's irritating to me because the reason she gave is "I just don't have any willpower :saddowns:" which is complete horseshit.

She was doing really good with the vaping stuff for months, and while I didn't really like it either, it's leagues healthier above smoking as far as "needing to inhale stuff" goes.

She just doesn't want to quit, and I can understand that, I just hate the stupid loving excuses she gives for it. If she'd just own up to it and go "I WANT TO SMOKE AND GET CANCER BECAUSE IT MAKES ME HAPPY" I'd be like "Well, ok then" but instead she's got a variation of reasons like no willpower, my parents are gone and I don't have anyone keeping me straight (which, bonus points they both died of cancer years ago), my job is stressful, etc,

I'm just the boyfriend, not the husband, so there's only so loud my foot can speak once I have put it down. Plus I don't want to turn this into FWP e/n.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Old people who don't know how to set a digital clock after 7+ years of using the drat thing :argh:

Also the same old people who don't know how to use a tv remote outside of the channel buttons :argh: :argh:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I live between a rail road and a fire station and my headphones aren't noise cancelling. :qq:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Teachers who don't get to the god damned point and instead continue to make fluff to make time.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

mamelon posted:

I got some surprise extra money and will use some of it to cover an expensive picture framing I had done. But I called the frame shop to check their hours and they're closed for the holiday.

I really wanted to pay for the frame as soon as possible, because my resolve to hold off on a WiiU is wearing thin. I gotta spend one more day blocking out the siren song of the good Captain Toad.

One... more... day...

I'll have to say this is one of the most first-world of first-world problems: too much money and indecisive of what to spend it on.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I only have one month of school left before graduating, which is awesome.

But I am super depressed, borderline suicidal, and this will be the longest month of my life.

Then I have to study for the bar exam for three months.

Can't I just live out of my car and start a new life as a rootless hippie?

My FWP is that my education has sucked away my will to live, ironically just as my professional life should be starting.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I lost internet for a day last week because the people putting up new siding had to move the ONT box the fiber comes into but whomever installed it in the first place for reasons beyond me or the tech stripped about 3ft of the hard plastic cover and spun the fragile fiber all around the back of the box so as soon as it was moved it snapped. Also means they have to bury the new wire.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I finally finished the Awkward, Ugly, and Gross pictures thread from the first page to current.

I will not say it robbed me of my will to live, but I retain a great deal less than I had when I started. :cry:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm marathoning JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Crunchyroll and every time the translator butchers a music reference by transliterating the Japanese transliteration of an English/latin script name instead of just using the original name it makes me irrationally angry. It's Bill Bruford, not Bill Blueford, rear end in a top hat.

jeremiah johnson
Nov 3, 2007
I was watching The Sopranos for free on my video game system and it made me nostalgic for when The History Channel actually showed history programs.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My sunglasses make it harder to read my phone when I'm playing a location-based game that uses a dark-background-light-text theme, even at maximum brightness.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'm marathoning JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Crunchyroll and every time the translator butchers a music reference by transliterating the Japanese transliteration of an English/latin script name instead of just using the original name it makes me irrationally angry. It's Bill Bruford, not Bill Blueford, rear end in a top hat.

I think some of that is to get around the potential copyright issues of having the exact same names as performers, like having Tom Petty be Tong-pheti, AC/DC be Esidisi, J. Geil be Centrefold, et cetera.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I finally finished the Awkward, Ugly, and Gross pictures thread from the first page to current.

I will not say it robbed me of my will to live, but I retain a great deal less than I had when I started. :cry:

I finished all the pyf threads I liked, so I got bored with SA, but then I just found out there were now awesome mega threads in gbs and now I have too much to read/make fun of and don't have enough time for all of it.

E: I want to post in the games forum too but it also goes too fast and it seems like I don't put in as much time into the games as everyone else does. Despite me having 100% and/or many MANY dozens of hours into the games.

Where do people get this time to read forums AND game from?

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 11:52 on Apr 12, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

I think some of that is to get around the potential copyright issues of having the exact same names as performers, like having Tom Petty be Tong-pheti, AC/DC be Esidisi, J. Geil be Centrefold, et cetera.

It is copyright stuff, but in the original, some names were already bastardized enough that no one'll bat an eye over them. Zeppeli and Esidisi are some of them, as are the other non-Santviento/Santana pillar men.

For content:

I hate buying off eBay because more often than not the seller won't opt to include tracking info so I'm at the mercy of time when it comes to getting my stuff.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I don't recognize half the references in Jojo; I didn't even know Zeppeli was one :saddowns:

My replacement for the end of my shift was on time- yay! My ride home is late and it's super awkward here in the guard shack- boo!

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

Considering the "quality" of the rest of the translation, and also the existence of Guilty Gear(which is "Let's Name Everybody After Bands: The Video Game"), I'm not so sure. Some of them even switch around partway through episodes, like between Tarkus and Tarukus, or use the correct name in the episode description on the site and the butchered one in the episode, like Donovan/Donobang. The ones that are clearly to make them make sense as names or sound more "foreign" I don't mind though.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Malachite_Dragon posted:

There's only so much you can do even as the boyfriend. Either they want to quit smoking, or they don't.

My sister is the only family member who smokes and she WILL NOT SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT THIS :tizzy:

As mentioned, there's only so much you can do if they don't wanna quit.

It's irritating to me because the reason she gave is "I just don't have any willpower :saddowns:" which is complete horseshit.

She was doing really good with the vaping stuff for months, and while I didn't really like it either, it's leagues healthier above smoking as far as "needing to inhale stuff" goes.

She just doesn't want to quit, and I can understand that, I just hate the stupid loving excuses she gives for it. If she'd just own up to it and go "I WANT TO SMOKE AND GET CANCER BECAUSE IT MAKES ME HAPPY" I'd be like "Well, ok then" but instead she's got a variation of reasons like no willpower, my parents are gone and I don't have anyone keeping me straight (which, bonus points they both died of cancer years ago), my job is stressful, etc,

I'm just the boyfriend, not the husband, so there's only so loud my foot can speak once I have put it down. Plus I don't want to turn this into FWP e/n.

Yeah I get it. I've been the one in your girlfriends' position in the past, and while quitting is something that has to come from within, I always at least smoked less when my girlfriends would shame me for smoking. YMMV obviously.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I work seven days a week to make 25k a year in one of the most dangerous jobs in the country.

Also, my roommate keeps leaving food all over the house then blaming my dog for getting into it. What's the difference if your three day old pizza moves from the coffee table to the floor when I'm picking it up anyways?

metalfingers
Jul 9, 2005

hurf
I bought a used Omega watch for a pretty good price on eBay (after a few beers) and forgot I'd have to pay import duty because it's coming from the US. I'll have to wait until later in the week for a phonecall asking me for £100+.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I want to watch scary movies on my day off but I haven't gotten curtains yet for the new house and all this sunlight is ruining the vibe. Scary movies are meant to be watched in the dark :colbert:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Rolo posted:

I work seven days a week to make 25k a year in one of the most dangerous jobs in the country.

The gently caress terrible job is that? I made almost that much working part-time in retail, where the most hazardous thing that can happen to me is getting a cold from a gross customer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

kannonfodder posted:

The gently caress terrible job is that? I made almost that much working part-time in retail, where the most hazardous thing that can happen to me is getting a cold from a gross customer.

I work 2 jobs as a pilot. The industry sucks for the time being.