Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I live in an apartment complex with lovely landscaping and the flowering bush in front of my apartment is blooming and the tree is also blooming and HERE COME THE ALLERGIES! My face was loving swollen around the eyes and sinus area and my nose is all hosed up and bright red and I want to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I got charged 140 bucks twice for a thing :saddowns: I've already contacted them to hopefully fix this and even if it can't be fixed I can absorb the mistake (It's almost entirely my fault, I thought Paypal had frozen up and didn't wait) but it'd still leave me with less money than I'd like.

Definitely contact your bank, PayPal is loving terrible regardless if it’s your doing or not. My PlayStation account was hacked like 3 years ago and the person bought games and PayPal absolutely refused to do anything besides send form emails at me until my bank got involved.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

My mom still has an AOL email address :smith:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I am a Slav who can’t squat! Squatting isn’t even my goal, just flexibility in general, but I’ve never even been able to touch my toes without bending my knees a bit. Every time I find some kind of exercise I like I end up having to stop because my knees hurt or start clicking weirdly. I worry that my current yoga attempt will turn out that same and I really hope it doesn’t because it’s working for me ☹️

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Have you ever been to a small fitness class or personal trainer? It might be worth doing squats and stretches in front of a professional to get some pointers. Make sure it's not some BS crossfit class.

The last time I went to a personal trainer the guy had me doing Russian deadlifts while balancing on a bosu ball but that was a long time ago and I agree that it would probably be helpful for me.

Unrelated: our work software decided to stop sending out overdue and hold pickup notices district-wide so now we’re getting yelled at a lot more than usual (which was already at least once a week). I helped a lady today who kept swearing under her breath that she loving hated all of us and couldn’t wait to leave and the feeling’s mutual! 👍🏻

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Re:coworkers commenting on what you’re eating: I HATE this and this is why I almost never bring food to work because someone is always leaning into my goddamn workspace right over my shoulder to see what it is or loudly being all WOW IT SMELLS LIKE WEIRD GARLIC IN HERE or some other bullshit. It’s not even like I’m bringing tuna in and heating it up in the microwave for 10 mins or anything!! Just mind you own business because there’s nowhere else we can eat without trying to go to a restaurant with our half hour lunch time!

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Another one, while I’m at it: my husband is constantly watching YouTube videos about games and almost every narrator has the exact same monotonous voice and it drives me nuts :argh:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I quit drinking and now I have more money than I’m used to and it’s making me nervous. Also it’s making me realize how bad my drinking problem actually was because it’s way more than I usually would’ve had 😕

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Hey, now I can actually get an IRA! :unsmith:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I can never find the right combo of food/caffeine/sleep.
I'm always tired and unfocused, even at my best.

Same, I’ve been dealing with this for about 2 years and it feels like I’m really struggling to put together sentences sometimes. 😕

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Nordick posted:

If you can, get tested for sleep apnea. I have been feeling the same for the last few years, and was finally diagnosed with severe sleep apnea a month ago. Currently in line to get a CPAP machine, and hopefully it won't be too long, because it's just been getting worse lately and I barely remember what it's like to wake up actually feeling rested.

I was tested for that, no sleep apnea for me. I hope you get your machine soon and it helps you out :unsmith:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I need some new clothes since I lost weight but I cant find anything I like and am too tired to look very hard. So too big workout clothes it is! Thank god my work has no dress code besides “wear clothes”

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I never seem to have mixing bowls that are big enough when cooking. I also never remember this until I am actually cooking and trying to keep everything in the bowl :argh:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I can’t wear my Fitbit for longer than a few days before it hurts. I’ve tried wearing it on different wrists, loosening it, tightening it, different bands, and now I think I can literally only wear it when I exercise and have to remove it immediately afterwards. It’s not a huge loss because I don’t exercise that much and I only really use it during the spring fitness thing at work but i liked tracking how much I run around at work (a lot sometimes!) and how far I walk on my commute and it was fun 🙁

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Also game-related, I’ve had some time off and have been playing Disco Elysium a lot and absolutely love it but I keep slouching into this weird shape while playing it and don’t notice until everything hurts. I think this maybe happens for games with a lot of text more?

Either way when I went to get a massage today my massage therapist was like “oh my god, your shoulders are even more jacked up than usual” :saddowns:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I want to get some 45 gallon trash bags with drawstrings. I hate the little flap closures because they rarely stay closed after you tie em.

I cannot find 45 gallon (or 44 gallon) trash bags with drawstrings for some weird reason. poo poo is sold out EVERYWHERE. The only ones I can find are like 100 packs for 80 bucks from professional janitorial supply companies.

Life is pain.

Oh god, I hate the Trash Bag Struggle so much. So many trash bags are just straight up poo poo like the flap ones you mentioned. Some also have drawstrings that break or rip even if you put nothing remotely sharp in them. I have to now gingerly carry this bag, cradled like a child in my arms, so it doesn’t loving dump trash everywhere on my way to the dumpster. I think last time we had to order bags from Amazon because all the good ones were out here too :argh:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah the vanilla-scented ones are way too strong. I couldn’t be in the same room as them after awhile, it was unbearable. Most scented things don’t bother me but scented garbage bags really gently caress me up :pwn:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I always spend like an hour making my sim then attempt to build a house and get so exhausted by everything that I quit the game and don’t touch it again for another 6 months. Usually now I use prebuilt lots but ughhhhhh now I have to get back into the rhythm of playing it or remember what I was doing in a previous save :effort:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I got a new laptop and the touchpad is larger than my old one so I keep accidentally touching it. It's not even a huge deal because I use an external mouse most of the time and have it set to disable the touchpad when it's plugged in but still :mad:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I keep accidentally picking the worst times to do laundry and end up having to wait an extra 20 minutes or whatever for a dryer to be free after the wash cycle is done. I know I just need to do it at like 7 am on a Thursday or something but ugh :sigh:

Also I have a giant pile of library books that I want to read but don't feel like reading

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I managed to get my favorite pastry that’s usually sold out at my local coffee shop but I ate it too fast and now I feel like hurling :negative:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

i'm looking at doctors in my area and almost every one of them has an extremely terrible website. some of them are almost unreadable, like white text on a light blue background. i feel like maybe i shouldn't have to highlight the text on a website to be able to read it :pwn:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Sure. Still though, make your text readable :mad:

actually this goes for all websites, ones for fashion labels are even worse about this than the doctors

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

For all their contact info, services offered, hours and other crap like that. although usually you just get a few empty pages and a big “Coming Soon!” banner, last updated in 2018

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

having to open the door like that and hit plus or minus repeatedly to get my weird specific time (which it looks like I wouldn't even be able to get with this?) in would drive me nuts. also it looks like it would get fingerprinty as gently caress. i feel like there's a specific term for designing poo poo like this in an attempt to simplify things but somehow making them harder to use although I don't know what it is.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

in practice it’d probably work quite shittily as well, like god help you if your hands are even slightly wet or you got too close to some olive oil or something

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I hate that remembering the titles of classical music pieces is so hard. Can't google the lyrics, a lot of them have titles like "Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor: Op. 18: 2. Adagio (London Symphony Orchestra 2012)" or some poo poo and even if you remember the composer you're still like ok it's the Rachmaninoff one where the piano sounds like it's falling down the stairs
oh gently caress that's like all of them

the best solution is to just make a bunch of playlists but ugh

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I ate too many sour skittles and now have a similar problem :pwn:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I had some Star Trek stickers that I put somewhere when I was cleaning and now I can't find them. I want to put sparkle Worf on my phone case but I don't know where he is :cry:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

I haven't had the flu or a cold since I started wearing a mask. gently caress anyone who thinks I'm giving that up.

Right? Plus it helps when i'm having days that my allergies are worse than usual. And it covers up the parts of my face that i don't really like! :buddy:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

GWBBQ posted:

I moved at the beginning of June. I live about a quarter mile away from a local broadcast tower and for the most part I can't play my theremin because it's just picking up NPR instead of where my hands are in relation to the volume and pitch antennas. One of my friends was here on Saturday and I cranked up the amp and volume, but ended up laughing like an idiot because whatever was on was a sincere discussion about penises.

ok, this is my favorite first world problem ever :haw:

i hope you are able to play it without interference soon, that sounds frustrating

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

My phone keeps forgetting swear words no matter how many times I tell it. Swearing is one of the few ducking pleasures I have left for rucks sake

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Ever since I quit drinking I've been shoveling candy into my gaping maw like there's no tomorrow. Apparently this is common since you're not getting the sugar from alcoholic drinks that you used to but also I would like to not do this. Flavored seltzer water is helping a little but ugggghhhhhh

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Lots of people don’t like it, which is understandable. I didn’t like seltzer for a long time then suddenly got a taste for it for reasons I can’t remember. I still like it although it definitely doesn’t help with cravings (and I know nothing will ever hit like alcohol) although eating a shitload of candy definitely does :shepface:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

The placement of my phone’s side buttons makes it so I sometimes accidentally take a screenshot of my lock screen when grabbing it. It doesn’t happen frequently enough to really irritate me but every now and then I’ll go to my camera roll and find some lock screens in there and then I feel mildly stupid :(

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

It suddenly got hot here and the only pair of shorts I can find give a kind of "insane train conductor" vibe that I'm not really sure I can pull off right now. I'm not going outside today other than to go to the laundry room and take out the trash, but STILL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

they’re high-waisted and this kind of faded/distressed blue-grey with white vertical stripes and a belt tie made of the same fabric. when i first saw them i thought “hmm, these are kind of hosed up and remind me of an old-timey railroad” and then BOUGHT THEM ANYWAY

actually i changed my shirt to a white one with a blue design and it looked vastly less weird so problem temporarily solved i guess!