Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

I'm in my 30s and went roller skating for the first time in about 20 years.

You ever want to look like a complete buffoon in front of a bunch of kids?!

I banged my head on the lat pulldown bar at work (physical therapy clinic). You wanna talk looking like a buffoon, I walked face-first into a piece of exercise equipment in front of my coworkers, a PT student, and several patients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Italy is terrible. Food is good, architecture is awesome, gorgeous country overall, but outside of that, it's just awful. Government is hilariously corrupt, ditto court system, police, media is a dumpster fire, and the rampant misogyny is unbelievable. Asia Argento was basically harassed out of the country for daring to be a woman with opinions.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Good: My new MP3 player connects to the Bluetooth thingajobber for my cochlear implant just fine, so I can listen to music while patrolling and while chilling in the guard shack both.:

You can stream music directly into your skull?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

oldpainless posted:

Trust me when I say suggesting alternatives is THE WORST thing you could do at this point

More like oldspineless ohohohoho :v:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Star Man posted:

I have the same first name as two famous actors and one of the most common first names in the US, but because it's the Gaelic spelling, it took until fourth grade before a teacher ever got it right on the first try. Plus I got told up until I was in seventh grade that my name was the girl's spelling and not the boy's spelling of it.

My dad should have loving just named me John. It even means the same thing!

Is it Eoin?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

Welcome to my life 24/7.

Sometimes I worry my coworkers don’t buy the “it was my cat that cut up my arm” explanation.

I've had to tell mental health workers that "I have a cat, I'm not self-harming" before. It's especially awkward when they already know you're depressed.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"My friend doesn't get the memes I send" is the first worldest of problems.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Thin Privilege posted:

What kinds of concerts are you going to? Do you live in some super hot state? I have a million sweaters from concerts. Mostly zipper ones but they always sell regular sweaters. The super thick ones, not like some woven poo poo.

Not a sweatshirt. An actual sweater.

What kind of bands are you seeing? I have never seen anything like that at metal shows, but Nightwish had scarves.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Butt Detective posted:

I leave mine in my locker at work since I work with food and we’re not allowed watches etc., and I’ve noticed it sometimes picks up a heart rate somehow while it’s in there. :tinfoil:

Ghosts.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I have moved to France.

I was not prepared to move to France.

I do not speak French,

This may have been a mistake.

Burma-Shave!

Is it a first world problem that I am annoyed at having to take the train to work because I locked my keys in my apartment? I work for my landlord, so I can easily get keys, but it's super annoying and inconvenient.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Holy poo poo it's Muzzy!

New FWP: I am overcome with muzzy-related nostalgia

Yes, that's French they're speaking, but those children aren't French, they're American.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Inzombiac posted:

I'm probably going to need therapy because of my last job.
It's made me a weird mess and I'm only seeing it now that I work with nice people in a supportive environment.

Extremely same

It's unbelievable how toxic working in healthcare can be.

edit: I need therapy because of my hosed up brain

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't understand why The Expanse books are so expensive and never go on sale

More like The Expense.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Entry level position, minimum five years experience required. :fuckoff:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Counterpoint: Notch

Notch is "money can't buy happiness" incarnate, he's the most miserable little chode and he brought it all on himself

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I hate that dudebros have made "Irish-American" synonymous with "loud, racist drunk who doesn't know anything about their ancestral culture".

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Dr Christmas posted:

The online computer touching bootcamp I’m doing has this Monday off for MLK Day. I was looking forward to my three day weekend. Then I remembered my job doesn’t have that day off, and now I am chuffed.

Chuffed means pleased :confused:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

PayPal customer support is useless. When I changed my name, they put my first and middle names in as my first name. When I tried to get them to take my middle name out of it, I was told by multiple reps that "in order to change your name you must provide legal documentation of the change".

:psyduck:

So I closed the account and reopened it without my middle name.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Manager Hoyden posted:

The app for my new bluetooth-enabled sous vide circulator just sets the temperature on the device. The device has temp controls right on it and they're easier to use

Why did they make an app to replace a button

I like using the app for my Anova because I can store time and temperature settings for different recipes, so if I want to make soft-boiled eggs or burgers or whatever I just bring up the app and pick the right one instead of having to look it up every time.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I might have hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. it would certainly explain some things. everything hurts right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

aardwolf posted:

I can't help but notice that when I moved back to the city I was born in we had two earthquakes and a mass shooting.

Now that I've left it seems everybody there is doing really well.

have you considered not quaking the earth