Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Are you telling me you don't own a button down shirt or a pair of khakis or something? You seriously have to put thought into "not dressing goony"? I'm so confused. Are the only clothes you own Pokémon related or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm sorry I will whisper next time as to not overwhelm you.

I feel that you're still being serious about having to go buy a seperate outfit to wear in public without being humiliated though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I hate my job but it's pretty easy and it pays well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

HOLY gently caress posted:

I love video games but I'm really bad at them.

This, but with sex.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He's the guy who won't shut up about whatever boring stuff he did this weekend while all you want to do is get your loving lasagna out of the microwave and eat in peace.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hahaha "Have you just asked your girlfriend is she's ok with you loving other women?"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Why would you get points for not doing the wrong thing? Isn't that just the baseline of what's expected of you? That's like expecting the police to ring you up to thank you for not committing any crimes today.

You mean you haven't been getting the calls?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

KingColliwog posted:

You're an animal. Stop eating unripe food.

My dishwasher does a terrible job when there's some peanut butter left on some knives or some mashed potatoes left on a plate. So I have to rinse them well before putting them in the dishwasher which is really ruining my life. We're moving in a couple of weeks and I really hope the new dishwasher is etter than the current one

I just rip a corner off a paper towel and wipe the peanut butter off with that before I put it in the dishwasher. Try that! :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't think it's possible to be bad at washing a dish. You can be a lazy gently caress, sure, but bad?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

Dear annoying coworker who I am stuck with for next ten hours, language does not exist so that you can constantly fill the airwaves with your train of consciousness you are not making conversation it is ok for it to be quiet for ten seconds

E: thank you regular patron for coming in and pulling conversation aggro

Also how do you not get the hint that your conversation isn't interesting when I spent the last thirty minutes giving one word responses any time you wanted validation about how cute that one actress from v for vendetta or whether or not I wished I had the super power to stop time so I could take naps whenever Jesus Christ man

Natalie Portman IS super cute bro

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I woke up last Tuesday with a stiff neck. I stupidly played 4 games of softball in the next 2 days because our team was in the playoffs. It's not stiff anymore but it's been a week straight of nearly unbearable pain emanating from my spine. I have a $7000 deductible on my health insurance, and I can't afford to miss work or go to the doctor. I would do nearly anything to be pain free for 5 minutes at this point. America!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

KingColliwog posted:

Have you tried fizzy water? Ever since I started drinking club soda I completely stopped drinking any sugary drink easily. Something I thought I would never be able to do

This. I've always hated Seltzer/Soda Water/Club Soda, but once I tried flavored seltzer (Triple Berry Canada Dry Seltzer to be exact), now I loving love it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Don't go to Autozone if you have a check engine light. Nothing good is going to come of that. All they can do is give you a generic code that still has to be diagnosed, and/or clear the codes/turn the light off. (Hint: It will just come back on) Neither of those is helpful. Go somewhere and pay to have it diagnosed properly so you can fix it.

Also, most (all?) places now use full synthetic oil, which means you can go 5,000-7,500 miles before you need another oil change. Gone are the days of needing to change your oil every 3,000 miles.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where do you live if I may ask?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Honestly I wouldn't believe anything said by someone who owns 7 cats.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mouse Dresser posted:

My husband puts his keys on a large carabiner and hooks them onto his belt loop. You can keep track of them, feel them on your hip, and manage having a lot of keys.

And also sound like a janitor with every step!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m abstaining from drinking for the month of September and it’s boring hanging out with your friends when they are all drinking and you aren’t. :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

White noise machine

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just buy an air conditioner. You can get a small one for less than $100.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

frogge posted:

Nah. Just like taxis, they know the best routes to let the meter run.

Uber drivers don’t make more if it takes longer. The fee is set when you reserve the uber, before the ride even begins.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

Not in my city. I had one miss a turn off and had to do a big loop around and it added $4 to the quoted price.

That is ridiculous.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

I woke up one minute before my alarm today.

How is this not a good thing?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

C-Euro posted:

My employer doesn't roll over any un-used PTO at the end of a calendar year so I have to figure out how to smoke like seven or eight days in the next six weeks. And that's already counting me taking the entire week of Thanksgiving off!

I’ve never understood how people treat this as a problem? Just take off whatever days you want. You get to get paid to not go to work, it’s awesome.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Three years of grad school almost completely ruined my ability to take time off guilt-free, or at least to take time off without a good reason to do so. I'll probably just end up taking every Monday off for the rest of the year or something.

This still sounds nice!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I'm the only one that does my job so if I take time off, the work will pile up and it'll be a shitstorm when I return.

Yeah, I'm the low-level rear end in a top hat that fields 200+ emails a day and people just dump poo poo on me constantly.

I’m sorry, that’s some bullshit.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A Christmas gift I order for my wife was delayed and is now going to arrive the day after Christmas. 😞

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Second Covid shot is kicking my rear end

Drink lots of fluids and enjoy being superhuman.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How would you be immune 8 months later?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Ugh. I want to order a pizza but it's 94 outside and I just don't wanna deal with that right now.

Do you not own a phone?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It’s worth a shot to ask if they can drop your car off for you. If it’s not too far a drive it shouldn’t be a problem.

If you’re going to have to pay for two rides, you can even offer them $20-$30 to drop it for you, if need be.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Came home from a 12 hour shift at work with an hour commute each way to find my entire apartment flooded because the idiot who installed my new washing machine broke a valve off of my water heater or something. gently caress my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Squirting some lemon or lime juice into the seltzer might help?