Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I decided I should preview ALL the VHS tapes I have to sell on eBay. I've done at least 50, and there are still at least 50 more. I am regretting this, and have tapes piled up on the floor that I'll have to put away.

And if I ever see a vintage Disney logo again, it will be too soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

My normal normal, contract post office is closed for computer repairs, so I'm at a USPS one in a long line.

Some moron is trying to send tires by media mail.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I'm trapped at work because of severe weather. The elderly are playing charades.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Judging by these phone calls, the people working on my car could gently caress up a one-man parade.

I said to drain the fuel first because I'm pretty sure it's full of water. Of course it's going to be throwing codes if the fuel's hosed up!

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I had to get on my hands and knees to get a stubborn Chihuahua out of her kennel today.

Then she didn't want to go back in.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

My car got backed into while I was going 10 MPH in a parking lot. Shattered my passenger side headlight, smashed in my quarter panel, hosed up the door, and seems to have damaged the suspension. My car hasn't even had its first oil change yet. Her car was untouched: Ford Focus S: O, Ford F-150: 1.

And I was with my sister. In Dallas. At a dog show, picking up her puppy. That was a fun drive back to Austin, hoping the car wouldn't poo poo out on I-35. At least the puppy was well-behaved on the ride.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

My dad's band is practicing in the next room, and they're using the PA to pretend they're sports announcers.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

One of the dogs in daycamp got skunked. He went to grooming first, and they apparently used vinegar and tomato paste on him. Which didn't work that well.

He smells like a weed pizza.

Flaccid Trip has a new favorite as of 06:06 on May 21, 2016

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I sliced my thumb while trying to cut a plum off the pit. The plum turned out to be going bad on the inside, so I had no plums, and a bleeding thumb.

I also put my keys in my purse, then into my locker at work. And locked it. At least we had bolt cutters.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I'm in the emergency room with a deep cat bite on my right hand

Typing with my left hand is hard

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I just twisted my back because a stupid loving Lab dug his giant feet into the floor and wouldn't get into the trying kennel after his bath.

So I had to half pick up, half wrestle the moron in, and of course he's one of those lovely, 80 pound oversized Labs.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

A dog slammed through his kennel door while I was trying to leash him, and the latch hit me right above the eye, so now I've got a giant lump on my forehead.

Also, I need new work shoes, and I hate shoe shopping because my feet are super wide and really flat, so nothing fits right.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I stopped at a gas station/liquor store because I read that they had import candy, so I bought a few without checking the expiry dates. Only one is in date. The Topic bar I ate was best by 2013. And I've got a Cadbury Twisted Bar that was best by 2012.

Still going to eat them, because I'm stubborn, but I'm going to stick with going to the shops I trust for sweet, sweet Euro candy.

Also, a Cane Corso puppy pulled me down a set of stairs and I nearly smashed my head in on the dog tub.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

How is that even legal to sell something so far out of date?

Let's play third world dystopian shithole or the US.

I don't think it is legal, and I should probably contact someone about it. I don't feel ill yet, but it's a good lesson on checking best by date so you don't contract super botulism.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

The motor in my ice cream churn blew while I was making ice cream for the work Thanksgiving potluck. It was at the end when I went to add the nuts and toffee, so I just had to stir by hand, but I only used the machine about 10 times.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

The back of the clinic smells like rot due to a canine rabies decap. On the plus side, it was a good learning experience.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I just started a job with a fire/flood/crime cleanup company. First day, cleaning items.

From a house that had a bedbug infestation.

We weren't even cleaning furniture, then we went to bug bomb the crater furniture plus everything else we cleaned.

You get one guess as to who the ONLY PERSON to wind up with bedbug bites is.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I keep seeing ads for Long John Silver's, and I want their chicken and fries so much. But I can't eat there because they cook everything with shellfish, and I'm allergic.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I'm on hold to follow up with the surgeon to get my gallbladder out and the hold music is "Happy"

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

They raised the price of goat milk at my local grocery store by 20 cents. :mad:

Those monsters!

I can't really have goat milk since I got my gallbladder out. It's so fatty and delicious that it just fucks over my GI for the day. A lot of my favorite foods do that now, and regular milk sucks for drinking.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

I'm working on not biting my nails and actually growing them out so I can wear polish and feel fancy.

Forgot nails are longer, scratched head, gave self stupid-looking cut that bled horribly.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Someone on eBay left me (my first!) negative feedback because the VHS they ordered arrived and was a VHS, not a DVD.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

queserasera posted:

If it makes you feel any better, when I look at seller feedback less than the top rating, I'm looking for a consistent pattern of seller behavior and ignore all the dipshit buyers whose feedback consists of "did not read description, am mad." It will be okay.

I'm not too mad about, it actually made me laugh at how absurd it was. My mom also sells, and one time had someone claim they couldn't pay because "they were dead".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

The waffle food truck at work ran out of waffles when I was the next person in line.