Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I cut my bangs blunt a couple weeks ago and I love them BUT THEY KEEP TICKLING MY EYELIDS ARGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am trying to answer questions about some case studies for class but instead I keep daydreaming about having a raygun

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am craving some pizza from this spectacular local place but it's late in the afternoon and if I order some lunch I won't be hungry for the equally spectacular burritos I am making tonight. God my life is so hard.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I live on a dead end street in the far reaches of an apartment complex with non-delineated street parking during the day and designated parking spots at night. I dropped my boyfriend off at work this morning, came home, pulled up to the curb, parked and went inside to do homework until I left for class. During those three hours some rear end in a top hat cop ticketed me for parking in the "wrong direction." Like okay I get that if it were a heavily trafficked road parking in the "wrong direction" would be a problem but for gently caress's sake you literally have to drive through the entire complex to get to my street and actively choose to turn down the clearly marked dead end, and on top of that there are only three other residents and so who the gently caress cares if my car is pointing left instead of right. Jesus.

If this ticket is more then like twenty dollars I am going to be so pissed.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Also, I just broke a nail. :saddowns:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

A friend excited about spring posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0cczw5jbDg

on Facebook and now NSYNC is stuck in my head.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm not a gun fan/nut/collector but that is rad as hell.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am making a dulce de leche pie and the recipe I'm following produces three times as much dulce as I think is appropriate, so I didn't use a lot of it. Now I have a presumably delicious pie but also an extra Mason jar full of homemade caramel.

I'm going to have to buy some apples.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My boyfriend's mom is cooking us dinner and it smells amazing and I'm so hungry and don't want to wait another hour for it to be ready ;_;

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

It's the last day of vacation and I miss my bird and am ready to go home but we are having filet mignon and king crab legs for dinner to celebrate the week and like hell I'm leaving early and missing out on that

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm so, so, so tired of playing GW2 but I'm not in the mood for any of my other games and I'm bored.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm looking for a new (used) car on a budget and I may have to choose between an '03 Pontiac Grand Am GT that I'm in love with or an '06 Ford 500 that's in fantastic condition and costs less money. :qq:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thin Privilege posted:

Oh also I have trouble measuring how much food to make because I learned from my grandmother, and we cooked for 10 people at a time, so I always buy and make too much food. I made a dish today but there's a ton left, and I was planning on making cabbage and sausages but there's too much of what I made today so it's unreasonable to make more food. I'm worried the sausages will go bad before I get a chance to make them.

Learning to downsize portions from family-sized to one or two people is the worst. Whenever I make too much of a dish I freeze some of it for later, pre-cooked frozen food can last for a while.

My very similar first world problem is that I bought a bunch of snacks last time I was at the grocery store and so now I am eating the snacks and I should not be.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

BioEnchanted posted:

I never noticed that your Mod Star is a little bird icon :3:

Haha, it's new, thanks for noticing :3: zdr was kind enough to hook me up in between fixing all of the servers.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

My hero replied to somebody's comment on his new video and it wasn't mine. Notice me senpai :saddowns:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I bought some stuff from Nordstrom and now I'm looking at Facebook in class and everybody behind me can see all these lingerie-themed targeted ads, probably

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Roro posted:

Is adblock/ublock not removing them? Unless they're the "targeted posts" where they're part of your newsfeed in which case, my condolences.

Does uBlock work with iPads? It's in both my news feed and my sidebar because Facebook doesn't do things in half measures I guess :saddowns:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Roro posted:

I don't know if ublock does but I'm sure I saw an adblock app once.

E: It was called weblock, but I never used it myself so I can't vouch for it. From what I can see it is apparently very good though. Blocks all ads.
Oh awesome! Thank y

quote:

But only over wifi, so if you're browsing on cellular data you're SOL.
welp.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Another first world problem! :sun:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I can't find any lyrics sites that have Steven Page's new album and a couple lines that I can't decipher are really negatively impacting my sing-alongs.

Also, why doesn't iTunes give you a little virtual lyrics booklet like hard copy purchases do, come on guys.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

bring back old gbs posted:

I'm pretty surprised apple hasn't figured out a way to pop the lyrics into id3 tags or whatever metadata they use now, and have that actually keep pace with the music as it goes. No special formats or anything, just a few hooks in itunes that look for the meta info and some markers to keep it aligned ever 15 seconds or so. Look down at your lock screen to see the previous/current/next line of the song.
Yeah, right? Come on Apple, do us a solid.

Also I have another one, I'm ordering lunch and this place has a "mexi-burger" with guac and onions and salsa and chipotle and queso, which is more or less a list of things Bird likes on her burgers, only I'm not in the mood for a burger at all and so while it sounds delicious I don't want to order it but I'm not seeing much else I want on this menu??

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The way embedded tweets gently caress up the last read post function and make the page jump around a bunch :mad:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Zoolander 2 is on DVD but it also has terrible reviews so I guess I shouldn't waste my time.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Also I just got back from the dentist so half my face feels weird.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

artsy fartsy posted:

I can never enjoy the show Psych as much as I think I should because Maggie Lawson is so aggravatingly bland.

If all the show characters were ice cream flavors and you ordered the Juliet you'd get a cup of room temperature water.

I never thought she and James Roday had any chemistry at all, which is weird because they were/maybe still are married

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I shook my salad too vigorously to mix the dressing in because I hate it when it's all on the top and the bottom veg are totally dry and now it's all on the bottom and the top veg are totally dry.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I ordered my favorite food for lunch and it arrived at approximately the same time I got some lovely news and now I've lost my appetite :(

thank god microwaves exist

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I left my purse in my car during work and my favorite lipsticks were in it and they both melted.

I mushed them back into approximate lipstick shapes but they look weird and dumb.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I came home from work super tired since I've been running on less sleep than usual lately and I drank several cups of coffee and finally decided gently caress it, caffeine isn't de-zombifying me, I'm just going to take a nap

Got into bed, closed my eyes, and IMMEDIATELY the assholes renovating the apartment downstairs started pounding on the pipes or the walls or whatever hard enough to make my windows shake.

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

endlessly

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

occasionally they stop for 3 - 5 seconds, maybe to shake out their bangin' hands and I'm like maybe this time, please god, but just a moment later

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Condolences :(

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I finished a fifth playthrough of Dishonored and now I have nothing to do until DX:MD and DH2 come out. Again.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Just cleaned the autoclave at work and didn't wear gloves and the cleaning stuff wrecked my nailpolish :saddowns:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I need to go to bed but I also need to watch another Bates Motel episode

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I bought a thing of watermelon juice and it's much too sweet.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I shook my salad too vigorously to mix the dressing in because I hate it when it's all on the top and the bottom veg are totally dry and now it's all on the bottom and the top veg are totally dry.

I did this again and so my FWP is that I never learn my lessons

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Work is slow and I'm bored. It's a good thing, because it means fewer sick pets, but it's also a very bad thing. Because of the boredom.

I already did every single busywork task I could think of and time is moving so sslloowwwllyyy

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The magic soda machine at qdoba ran out of raspberry syrup halfway through filling my cup :negative:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I wanted to go see Don't Breathe but a friend told me it's rapey and I hate that in horror movies.

Ugh really? That sucks. Thanks Flander's friend.

e: I guess I have the "don't know what to watch" fwp now too

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Sep 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Inzombiac posted:

I sprinted through Galavant and now I have no comedy musicals to watch.

Try Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, it's on Netflix.