Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I really need botox but I don't want to fork out the cash for it because I learned that I'd need it every 3/4 months, and the guy I went to was super expensive. I know I should go shop around for surgeons/dermatologists but :effort:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Mar 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Some new neighbors moved in and every day they cook something that smells so unbelievably delicious that I have to open the window and burn incense to try and mask the smell, but that only works a little. I'm spending all day drooling, wishing I was having whatever it is they're making.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

I Am Not Spor posted:

My Progressive bill hits on the 6th of every month. Every other bill hits on the 15th or last day of the month. gently caress you Flo; get with the game.

Can't you just contact them and change the due date? All the stuff I have lets me choose /change the due date.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Tiggum posted:

If you're going for pure comfort, don't care how it looks, track pants are a better option than jeans.

Yes, I agree.

I mean look how easily you can squat in them. Way superior to American sweat pants.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I really want to play Far Cry 4 again, and I knew I should have gotten it when it was on sale in the PS store for $35 but I didn't, so now it's $60 again. It's $30 on Amazon, and I just ordered it, but it won't get here till Tuesday. I want to play it nooooowwwwwww :qq:

About public transit. If I take the bus at 7:50-8:00am, it takes 20 minutes to get downtown. If I get on anywhere after 8, it takes an hour because there's 40000 cars on the road. gently caress these people. Why are they driving when they can just take the bus? And it's not a urine bus, these routes have super clean buses with no drunk hobos or other weirdos, so they have no excuse. And I have no loving clue where they park downtown because there's so few parking lots, and the ones that exist are like $50 for a 9-5. You can pay $5 to take the bus, or train, round trip. Plus the bus is faster because it pretty much has right of way because it's huge, and while they're sitting in a parking lot traffic jam, the bus is breezing by. Bus is still an hour but I'm sure it takes them at LEAST 1.5 hours to just get downtown.

Stupid country and its capitalist car poo poo :911: :ussr:

E: it's really irritating that editing posts sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work on chrome for iOS. Right now I can select where I want to type with the letter selection bar because it recognizes that I'm typing words, but usually it just selects the whole text box area as if it were an image, with only a Copy option.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 08:09 on Mar 29, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

Use the Awful app.

I know but I like the desktop version of things, mobile versions make me angry.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
After 10 years of using it, Amazon is now charging me tax. Considering I buy at LEAST $1,500 of stuff a year from them, it's now close to $100 in tax per year, which pretty much cancels out any points I get with the Amazon rewards card. And you know all that tax just goes into some corrupt politician's pocket.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
That's not a bad thing though imo

E: their prices are still way better. I'm just pissed that I'm now paying for the corrupt assholes in this state to get new BMWs and vacations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Monkey posted:

I don't think you know how taxes work.

I was being facetious.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Captain Monkey posted:

I don't think you know what facetious means.

p sure I do

Fwp: some guy on the Internet is being mean to me.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I finally finished the Awkward, Ugly, and Gross pictures thread from the first page to current.

I will not say it robbed me of my will to live, but I retain a great deal less than I had when I started. :cry:

I finished all the pyf threads I liked, so I got bored with SA, but then I just found out there were now awesome mega threads in gbs and now I have too much to read/make fun of and don't have enough time for all of it.

E: I want to post in the games forum too but it also goes too fast and it seems like I don't put in as much time into the games as everyone else does. Despite me having 100% and/or many MANY dozens of hours into the games.

Where do people get this time to read forums AND game from?

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 11:52 on Apr 12, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I love Touch ID and wish it was on everything, but sometimes my fingers are too greasy or sweaty so it doesn't work.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I want to watch a movie but Amazon prime doesn't have it for free it's $4, gently caress you fucks I'm paying you $100/yr. And you used to be able to get this poo poo by googling vidoes but they're too good now and it's all blocked except for random sites from India that ask for your cc#

gently caress you I just want to watch a movie why am I paying you I am so angry

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
- trader joes always changes its stock and some items that I love just disappear.

- websites that don't offer a "full site" version, so I can only use the mobile version, which has 0 features.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Food is tasty :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Apr 26, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

HOLY gently caress posted:

I love video games but I'm really bad at them.

I'm too good at them because I play them so much. I should be doing something more useful with my time. :(

Except I'm horrible at multiplayer because it's boring and the 12yos always beat me and yell at me in high-pitched voices, so I never play it and so I suck at it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I really hate that fast food places like McDonald's and Wendy's serve breakfast menus. Why the gently caress can't I have a Big Mac or a chicken sandwich at 8am? Plus their breakfast items are always loving disgusting. I tried them and it's bread that tastes like styrofoam with some "sausage" that just tastes like solidified oil, and some "eggs" that are like fried vomit.

And then other places like Jimmy Johns aren't open till 11am or so. And then there's Corner Bakery, which actually makes good breakfast food, keeps changing their menu so now they don't serve ham in the morning (wtf??), only bacon, but I don't want loving bacon. I asked the lady if I could have ham instead and she said no. Come on, it's a piece of lunch meat, just take it out of the drat fridge! It's not like you have to cook it!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
^ I want that drat frog so much, but it's a 0% chance that I will ever find it, and I remember in like 2009 some goon found one at a garage sale and posted pics and I was and am still so jealous.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I have huge medical bills that I can't afford, partly because my medication is $800/month.

:patriot:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I have to wait till June 21st for new Aqua Teen episodes :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

BigPaddy posted:

My current car lease is up in about 6 months and my fiance cannot drive it since it is a manual so I can't buy it out at the end despite the residual being hilariously low because we need something we can both drive. I like my GTI :saddowns:

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

It takes like 10 minutes to learn how to drive a stick shift. Teach her.

I learned how to drive stick as an 11 year old ( :ussr: ) She's got no excuse.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I had a dream about the forums.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
All Trader Joes play this godawful 1930s/1940s music and it drives me loving insane. I've been to like 15 TJs and they all do it. Who decided that it was a good idea? Trader Joe himself or whatever his real name is? The one TJ near me was staffed by cool people and played normal music (like 80s/90s pop and rock) but last time I went they were playing that loving old timey music!!! Corporate must have come in and chewed them out. UghHhhh

Like this type of poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7NgX2FN6lg

I'm also upset that I spent 15 minutes trying to find the exact era of that type of music, and so I had to actually listen it on my own will and not forced on me by TJ speakers.

E: and now one of the songs is stuck in my head! Noooooooo

E2: :bang:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Jul 9, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
SA loads really really slow on my phone, particularly when there isn't a good internet connection, and especially when typing, so it always ends up clicking outside the type box / hiding the keyboard, or the page reloads and I lose everything I typed.

I want a new phone but can't justify getting one.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I always accidentally scroll too far up when typing something on here in iOS chrome and it reloads the page so I have to type everything out again.

I clicked on the hot in shape/muscular women thread in gbs and now I'm depressed because I'm doughy and weak, but working out is hard and requires effort, and I just want to play video games.

I ordered a $40 rare steak but they made it in between medium rare and medium well, but I didn't want to send it back because I don't like bothering service people, and also after reading the horrors of food service thread, so I had to eat an expensive lovely steak :(

I spent all day on the forums instead of being productive.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The pharmacy was out of all bottled water except smart water, and gently caress if I'm going to pay $2 for 12oz of water. So I had to wait almost an hour till I got to work to drink water. I had my tea with me but I wanted water :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Chinaman7000 posted:

First post in this thread that makes me want to give condolences. Rough day.

Me too, my first thought was "go back and complain to get a new one" because getting the wrong shell on a taco can ruin your meal.

E: now I want some tacos. I have them in my freezer, and I have the sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro in the fridge, but it'll take like 20 min but I already had dinner.

First world problem: considering whether or not to have two dinners.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Aug 4, 2015

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
My iPhone screen is turning yellow from so much use but I don't want to spend money on a new phone.

I spend too much time on my iPhone, probably more than I do on real life things. :(

I need to do real life things but I am lazy :(

E: I hate apple and want to switch to android, but that means I'll have to re-buy all my apps and learn a new OS and that's mildly difficult.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Monday_ posted:

Maybe it's not from use and is just the way it was built, but I have a 1 year old iPod Touch and it's screen is very yellow/brownish compared to my new iPhone 6.

It's from use. I used to do Apple repairs, and all the lcds they use (especially iPod touch and iPhone) that have been used a lot turn yellow/brown, whereas new product is bleach white. I can't speak for other brands but this is absolutely what happens with apple products.

Maybe it's a way to make people to think "omg my iPhone isn't white anymore BETTER BUY A NEW ONE!!!!!"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Kaubocks posted:

I might have had a big reveal in a video game I'm playing spoiled to me thanks to YouTube's incredible amazing "related videos" function. Like, not even the sidebar stuff, but the stuff where you go to the main YouTube page and it's all "Hey, we saw you watched [early game cutscene]. Check out [much later cutscene]!!" :sigh:

gently caress off youtube

Holy poo poo I hate this so much.

I'm at a party and everyone is like "you got to see the baby!!!" But I don't like babies, so I feel really awkward. Also since I am awkward I'm on my phone posting on SA. I have unlimited data so it doesn't matter but the cringe imgur thread takes too long to load on LTE.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I have a lot of tasty food in my fridge but I'm not hungry so I don't want to eat it. I wish I was hungry.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Omg neighbor stop making delicious smelling food. Earlier they made Mexican style chicken soup and then they made garlic bread and now they're make some kind of steak. I know exactly what it is because the smell is SO STRONG. I've been drooling all night. Stop cookingggggg

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
You can use a debit card. Alamo rental car also allows debit card. Only issue is they may put a big rear end hold or you have daily $ limits but it's perfectly doable.

mobby_6kl posted:

I initially requested a pretty conservative limit for my CC, but during the first vacation realized it wasn't nearly high enough. And the bank/law will only let me increase the limit by 10% a year or something retarded like that :(

I got my limit go up way over 10% in one phone call, I'm in the U.S. & chase bank. Chase loves your money.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
There's no more rainbow doritos :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
USPS sucks so much. I order stuff from eBay and Amazon sellers and whatever, and the sellers always put like priority 2 or 3 day, but the stupid package ALWAYS arrives in 5+ days. Wtf is the point of paying extra for 2/3 day if it doesn't even arrive on time?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

Online package label printing has allowed sellers to technically fulfill their "Ships in X" requirements while never putting your package in the mail in time.

True but I go by the date the USPS website says it was dropped off at the post office, for this one it was 5 hours after the label was printed, and it's still "left [original] post office for sorting facility" for 2 days now. So it probably won't get here for another 2-3 days, including because my local post office is a bunch of lovely lazy stupid fucks.

I got another package today that looked like a truck ran over it and taped it back together, but on the plus side the items were intact and it got here in like 12 hours even though Amazon shipped it super late.

This is way too many :words: about shipping, sorry.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I stayed up till 3am playing Metal Gear Solid : TPP, which resulted in me coming into work an hour late because I wanted 5, not 4, hours of sleep. I am a terrible employee

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I really want to use sick days to call into work "sick" to play metal gear solid tpp. This stupid game. Haven't been this addicted to a game since FF7 in 1997.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I need to get groceries but I want to watch Maury so I have to wait to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The Amazon app is total poo poo because it defaults to applying a gift card balance to your order payment, even though I set default to credit card only on the website--there isn't an option for this on the app!!!! so now I have to cancel the order, but it's "not guaranteed" because I have prime and it's already shipping even though it's been less than 12 hours (I ordered it 10pm last night and it's 730am now). I'm worried they're going to charge me return shipping even though it's their stupid app's fault. I was saving this $200 to get myself something nice, not to pay goddamn return shipping for something that's technically their fault for having a lovely app.

I guess I'm using full site on the phone's browser from now on.

My phone keyboard is all sorts of hosed up with misspellings because I type poorly, so it corrects likes like gettibg and YES in caps. I need to reset it but then I'll have to type more carefully and the stupid keyboard will have to learn my typing again and that's annoying.