Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My high school friend, as I remembered him: cool guy, fun to hang out with.

My high school friend, as I met him last night by chance and as he presents himself on Facebook: :freep:

Why :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

It's been perfectly sunny or slightly cloudy for the last several weeks, and as a consequence the air is dry as gently caress and full of pollution. I can't believe I'm saying this, but just loving rain already!!!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My new trail shoes are new (duh), so they aren't properly broken in yet, so my feet hurt a bit during my evening run today :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I just got the photos from a recent business trip I took. I'm in about a hundred pictures, and I look good in maybe five of them :smith:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The three-months-old SD card in my phone is dying, I just lost two weeks of photos to it. I'll have to buy a new one because I didn't keep neither the packaging nor the receipt, so no exchanging it under warranty for me!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My neighbours don't seem to understand the "No loud noises between 10 PM and 8 AM" part of the building's rules, so I'll probably have to get the super involved.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

Windows won't start for no loving reason. I didn't install any new software the last time I used it, as far as I remember. Gay I hate windows so much but I need it to play games.

I'm having the same problem on my work laptop: windows just stopped booting for no apparent reason, and no manner of coaxing it via the recovery menu seems to be able to revive it. Luckily I had recently installed Linux so I can access my files no problem.

Actually I have halfway made up my mind to completely ditch windows, at least for work purposes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I was all ready to argue with a :freep: on Facebook over politics, but he didn't take the bait and join the discussion.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I think my mom's trying to sabotage my efforts to lose weight.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A girl I'm interested in likes Wolverine better than Cap :negative:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My country is about to pass a law that would allow gay people to get married, and possibly (if they manage to get the politicians to agree) adopt their partner's biological children. That's not my fwp.

My fwp is that a lot of people on my Facebook feed are being super duper dumb and backwards about this whole thing ("traditional family! Think of the children! :arghfist::saddowns:") and I can't block them or tell them they're stupid because I have to regularly interact with them in real life.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Why do I keep finding girls who are only interested in casual hookups when I'm looking for something more out of a relationship? :negative:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Monday was a holiday, and it messed up my time perception something fierce, to the point that I have to actually think to remember which day of the week it is. Mostly I think it's my brain going "oh, first work day this week, must be a Monday".

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

I have no idea how to use Linux.

It's super easy, the most complicated part is installing it but to do that there's plenty of guides around.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I just learned about the new Baldur's Gate controversy and now I'm really loving mad. I'm genuinely upset over how absolutely poo poo people are, even though it's really nothing I should be surprised at.

Your posted prompted me to go looking for the Baldur's Gate controversy, and now I'm really loving mad too :mad:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Don't be. People being terrible is nothing new, sadly.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently if you have Prime on an Amazon site, say dot-it, you don't on other sites, such as dot-co-dot-uk. Which is some right bullshit if you ask me.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I think I've posted about this before, but it bears repeating: Alitalia's website is a huge steaming turd.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Over the last year I've lost about 14 kg (thirty pounds) through diet and exercise. Now none of the clothes I own fit right.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Italy's postal service suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I made gazpacho yesterday and I'm already halfway through the batch, and I really want some more but I really don't feel like making another batch. I could simply make a bigger batch, but gazpacho's only good when it's freshly made (or nearly so), so if I make a bigger batch it would last for several days and be icky by the time I get to eat the last of it.

Also I went for a run last night but Pokémon Go didn't recognize I was moving so I hatched no eggs :qq:

MY LIFE IS SO HARD :saddowns:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

loving Facebook, just let me loving read my loving messages from mobile without loving forcing me to install loving Messenger, gently caress :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I don't have neither the Facebook app nor the Messenger one. I look at the site in the browser (I have a shortcut set up), but when I use that to look at the messages it displays them but then kicks me into Play Store to try and get me to install Messenger, so I have to do several taps instead of just one to read the message.

I refuse to install Messenger because I already have four messaging apps (text messages, Whatsapp, Line, and Hangouts - yes I know that Hangouts can do text messages too, but I hate it with a passion and just barely tolerate it for google chats), and I refuse to install a fifth for that once-in-a-blue-moon Facebook message I get.

Mikl has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Jul 15, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm sad.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I got really loving mad at a comic strip :mad:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I dented my dad's car. It's no problem at all, I can easily pay for it to be fixed (assuming he wants it fixed, since it's a pretty old car and he was thinking about getting a new one), but I got to experience the "uh, dad, I kinda smacked your ride into an utility pole while parking" conversation.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My phone company accidentally charged me 1700 € (seventeen hundred euros) because of a mistake on their part.

I phoned them and they owed up to the mistake, but I just know it's going to be a huge pain in the rear end to get reimbursed.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The governor of the next region over from mine is being a loving idiot again with the whole "OH MY GOD WE CAN'T TEACH IN SCHOOL THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS NORMAL THINK OF THE CHILDREN" thing, and it makes me really loving mad even though I can do nothing but yell at him on social media :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

My work laptop decided that right after a long work day, as I was packing up my stuff in the office to go home, was the right time to do a 30-minute Windows 10 update :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I needed a new program on my work laptop to do a job.

The program needed rebooting.

Rebooting means installing Windows updates.

So here I am, phoneposting, while my laptop takes its sweet time "configuring update, 25% done...", and the urgent job I needed to do is not done.

WINDOWS TEN :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Why are there, in 2016 Italy, newly-built buildings that have only squat toilets in the bathrooms? Is it too much to ask to be able to pee and/or poop while sitting down and not squatting over a hole in the ground? :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Despite being a mid-2015 model, my phone won't be officially updated to Android 7 Nougat. Because gently caress you, that's why.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Somebody is wrong on the internet.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Pick up your dog's turds you poopheads! :argh:

Having to dodge piles of poo poo every time I go for a walk or a run is no fun at all :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I had no clue a new version of Skyrim was coming out at all.

Oh well, it's not like I needed that money anyway :shepspends:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Never mind, looks like my PC can't run the new version of Skyrim. Like, at all. Waaaaaay below even the minimum requirements.

Ah well, I was waiting for an excuse to get a new gaming pc anyway. It's not like I needed that money anyway :shepspends:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Lunch with family. I overate.

Dinner with friends tonight. I'll likely overeat then too.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Windows ten. Please. It's been a long day at work and a hard week in general. I wanna go home. For once, just this time, could you maybe shut down my work laptop without forcing me to sit in front of it waiting for it to finish updating?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Amazon is going to handle my Pokemon Sun preorder so it gets shipped, target than delivered, on release day. Meaning it won't get here before Wednesday. I leave for a work trip on Wednesday and I'll be back on Friday, meaning I won't get to play until at least a full week after release day.

My life is suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The hotel I'm staying at for work (expenses paid) has some weird DNS filtering poo poo going on, and it filters some image hosting sites so about 1/4 of posts in PYF are full of broken images.