Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
lol

In my country the tax / pension / employment website makes you register on their website, and then if the information you give them (including current address) is the same as they have on record, they send you the first half of the password to log in via text message.

The second part is sent by registered mail. So if you're not home when the postman comes, that's a trip to the post office to pick it up for you.

And you better not lose it, because there's no way of doing a password reset, you have to do the whole song and dance over again.

Now, see if you can spot the problem: you need the password to apply for unemployment benefits. Many people need to do so, because there's a pandemic. And while you're supposed to stay home, you have to go out once in a while for groceries and stuff, so you can miss the postman, and have to go to the post office. Which is a bad thing, because you're not supposed to gather in too large of a group, because pandemic.

Bureaucracy! :imunfunny:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm on vacation and there's no wifi here, and the building I'm staying in is super old so I don't get cell reception except if I go out on the balcony.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Second vaccine dose has knocked me on my rear end. I feel awful.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. It's 100% worth it. That's why it's in the first world problems thread :)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

As of today, it's been a full week without heating or hot water in my flat. My hot water thing basically died on me and while I can afford to replace it, I don't know when that will happen, because my apartment building can only fit one of the old types which are only made on order at this point.

I'm making do with a space heater and by hoofing it down the street to my parents' when I want to shower, but still. Sucks.