Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I'm having issues with Flash player on my computer, and it requires me to restart my browser+flash about once a night. So incontinent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

JustAurora posted:

So it makes you feel uncontrollably pissed off, eh?

Haha whoops. But hey, I could describe it as flash making GBS threads itself, so I'll count it as not an autocorrect mishap.

I've been getting less hours at work lately, and while I'm loving the time off, having less spending money is getting annoying.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

There was a chance my package was going to be delivered today, but it wasn't, and the tracking hasn't updated in like a day. :smith:

Two of my packages didn't even give me tracking information.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I was rummaging through an old hard drive backup, saw pics of an old ex, and am now sad.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

RCarr posted:

Are you telling me you don't own a button down shirt or a pair of khakis or something? You seriously have to put thought into "not dressing goony"? I'm so confused. Are the only clothes you own Pokémon related or what?

T-shirts and jeans are literally the only clothes a person should need in life. But every now and then some bullshit happens where you need to wear something that isn't the most comfortable clothes ever made.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I broke the screen on my phone.

Now, do I potentially get 70 bucks stolen from me as I buy a replacement screen from a shady Hong-Kong Web store then risk bricking it as I fumble around with the delicate electronics, or do I just live with it?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Mr E posted:

I have too many games to play. Bloodborne, MonHun, MLB The Show next week, and Pillars of Eternity and not enough time to play all of them :(.

Oh god pillars of eternity is so good. I'm tempted to call in sick for the next three days to just power through that game.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

My phone's broken screen keeps getting worse. The top third of the screen is now covered in lines making it very hard to read text.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

Lastly, did my bullshit gauge finally hit because CinemaSins is no longer funny and is nothing but nitpicking whiny guys bitching that a hot actress isn't doing a lapdance or is their girlfriend or stupid poo poo about kids' movies?

I've also recently gotten tired of their stuff. He'll go on a two minute tangent about the amount of liquid in a glass changing between shots, which isn't funny or interesting.

As a reprieve, I recommend looking up Movies With Mikey from the chainsawsuit channel on youtube. He goes off about why movies are good and is really funny (although there's not many videos)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I was going to spend some time today working on my truck, but there's a snowstorm.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

A thing I bought online a while ago is still affected by the shipping delays on the west coast. I just want my stupid poo poo now!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Rolo posted:

I work seven days a week to make 25k a year in one of the most dangerous jobs in the country.

The gently caress terrible job is that? I made almost that much working part-time in retail, where the most hazardous thing that can happen to me is getting a cold from a gross customer.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Brightman posted:

You might be me. Have the ants also attracted spiders to your shower? Spiders that hide between the cloth shower curtain and the clear plastic one so you don't notice until you're already naked and wet?

My upstairs tub has never had a spider in it. The basement one gets like 3 spiders a week trapped in it.

I don't know which is worse; if the basement has so many spiders that there's enough to be falling in the tub regularly, or if the upstairs ones know how to get out.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Even at volume level '1', my TV is often too loud if my GF is trying to sleep (or sometimes do homework) in the bedroom...even with the door to the living room and bedroom closed.

I could solve this with a receiver and external speakers, but $$$.

Headphones?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

There's an election tomorrow, and I'm unreasonably annoyed with the number of people who have proudly declared that they'll be voting for a party that is directly against their personal interests.

Edit: Also I'll have to get up unreasonably early tomorrow, in order to vote before I work.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 23:28 on May 4, 2015

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

"There is a big difference between ten years of experience and repeating the same year ten times."

I've never heard that phrase before, but drat if it isn't appropriate for a lot of people I've worked with over the years.

My FWP contribution is that I have the long weekend off, but didn't know I would. So I have no plans for it, and all my friends are leaving the city.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

A kickstarter I was a little interested in, but overall didn't need, has rolled out so many great stretch goals I need to buy it now.

Goodbye money, it was nice knowing you.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

I went looking for the muscle women thread and the constant stream of transphobic hatefulness pisses me off.

Like, how posting 1:1 off Fox News the Cool Edgy Dude (tm) thing to do these days? You sound like someone's racist idiot (grand)parent.

Nono, it's funny because they're being ironic about being hateful pieces of poo poo.

My FWP is my friend is taking longer than he said he would to get home. I just want to play videogames and voicechat about videogames!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I was signing the backs of yet another stack of checks and my $2,000 pen ran out of ink. I was so mad that I made my whole house staff scrub the floors with their own clothes until one finally confessed to not refilling my "money scepter".

I like to imagine you're actually poor, but have these wild fantasies of what you think rich people do.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I've started going to Tumblr again after a long hiatus (don't worry goons who have a white-hot rage for that website, it's just for art blogs and the like), and while it's always been a memory leak with a UI, it seems to have gotten worse in my time away. I can only read for a short time before my browser grinds to a halt, so catching up on content has been hard.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I feel like you need to start an E/N thread about dealing with your mom, you sound like you have a lot to vent about.

Sorry about the kitten though, that really sucks. (go to the cute pictures thread and look at cute animals to feel better!)

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Mizufusion posted:

I haven't been getting enough sleep lately because I've been trapped in the godless hell that is my in-laws house. My husband recently lost his job due to downsizing, and I can't support both of us on my income because I only work part time, so we're stuck here until one of us gets a better job or goes insane or kills someone. Everyone in this household is an early riser, including my 2-year-old niece. Unfortunately, I work in a bar and sometimes don't get out of there until 3am. Everyone else wakes up at 6am. I haven't slept at all today because there's just too much noise, and this is the second weekend in a row that's been ruined for me like this. I'm supposed to go to a friend's baby shower and a concert today but I really just want to curl up somewhere and die.

Earplugs, noise-cancelling headphones, white-noise makers, or play soothing music at a low volume. Any of those will work wonders for when people are being loud around you.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I heard a song I like, but I didn't think to identify it using my phone until it was over.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Because my coworkers are goddamn children who can't clean up after themselves, I now have ketchup on my phone case. It's deep in the grooves so I can't get it out until I get home today.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I can't tell if I'm having a panic attack or if my body is reacting poorly to the first caffeine I've had in a while.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I've started playing Time Clickers. My life is in shambles.

send help

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

My phone's browser isn't loading Facebook properly, so I'm having to use the horrendous app.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

If you haven't slept, or the sun hasn't risen, it's not the next day yet.

But this is why after about 10pm words like tomorrow and yesterday should be banned.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I dropped my phone and it somehow knocked some of the contacts loose, making the touch not work anymore. It was an easy fix when I got to my tools, but I spent most of the day worried I'd need to buy another screen replacement.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I just found out I'm about to start a four day weekend, so I haven't made any plans. It'll be great having the time off, but I'll probably be super bored.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

There's a bunch of new videogames I want, but the standard pricing for games is now $70-$80, and I know I won't play them enough to justify that price.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Irish Joe posted:

Tell her to man the gently caress up. I had all four wisdom teeth removed, two of which were impacted, and was eating like normal later that day.

My first world problem are the pussies who can't handle minor surgery.

Pff, look at this scrub. I had 6 wisdom teeth removed. I was tripping balls so hard when I got home I couldn't even follow the plot of The Incredibles.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I now have
GAR-
BAGE
DICK
burned into my second monitor. It'll clear in a while, but it's still terrible.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I'm really good at writing things for tabletop RPGs and my GF is trying to convince me to write my own book. I love her support but I don't have the confidence to do it :smith:

Do it! Random strangers on the internet support you!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

I stayed up till 3am playing Metal Gear Solid : TPP, which resulted in me coming into work an hour late because I wanted 5, not 4, hours of sleep. I am a terrible employee

I'm sure if you explained it to your boss, they'd understand. If they don't, it's not a person you'd want to work for.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I'm tired because I stayed up all night playing videogames. Am I 20 again? What is this!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Minchin Dupree posted:

I miss the Idiots on Social Media and AUG threads. :saddowns:

I miss when mods would communicate with the forum to why threads get gassed.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Pizza places that open at 11am on Sunday. gently caress, I want pizza at 8am, open the gently caress up!

I live in a city of over a million people, and it is impossible to get pizza in the morning any day of the week. The worst pizza places open at 11, the good ones noon even on a weekday.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I really want a nap, but I've wasted so much of my day doing nothing already that I'd feel bad.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I slept on a couch, and now my back hurts. I used to be able to do this just fine! I think I'm officially old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

bobthedinosaur posted:

I'm hungover after drinking at a costume party last night and I can't decide what to eat to cure the hangover, and I can't decide whether to game or watch netflix.

Netflix is better for a hangover, since it's easier to fall asleep to.

I just finished moving the last box to my new place, and gently caress I own a lot more things than I thought I did.