Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

AlphaKretin posted:

There's a whole bunch of things that are FWPs in terms of the free game Warframe, so that's like FWP^2.

Do tell! As someone who is dumb and put real dollars into a free game, I'd like to hear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

I've mentioned them in the relevant Games thread and in the clan chat in-game but I mean stuff like one of my characters being so powerful I don't use the others and not getting quite as much of a rare-ish resource from a bountiful grind as I would have liked because I've been using them on rare poo poo I'm lucky to have. (Fusion cores from triton on rare mods if you play the game, I'm not sure from your post if you have or not)

Yes, I had meant that I had been dumb and put money into that game. I know exactly what you mean, I have nearly 600 hours in it, and probably half of it has been with the same equipment.

Current FWP: I've gotten used to going to bed early, that now my attempt to stay up late to play videogames has been going poorly.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I really wish I had 10,000 more posts on this website.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

May I ask why?

e: I've only made 3,000 posts?? That seems inaccurately low.

Because 12345 posts at 1.11 a day would be weirdly satisfying.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Warframe looks really drat good on high settings :v:

Good god, yes it does. The newer maps they've put out (the underwater ones) are breathtaking.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

My major phobia is preventing me from progressing in a videogame.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I refuse to spend 80 loving dollars on a new videogame, so I'm probably not going to play fallout 4 for a year or longer. I know drat well that every major plot point in it will have been long spoiled for me by the time I get around to it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

He's probably in Canada.

The 20% off ended yesterday.

Yup. Most big releases these years have been 70-80 bucks. So Fallout 4 would be 120 if I included the DLC season pass, and there's no way I'd play that game enough to justify that price tag.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Thanks to weird internet sales and coupon combos, I got Fallout 4 for $48 dollars. Super happy, only I probably won't be able to play it for a couple days.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I want to play Fallout 4 and watch a charity livestream, but Fallout doesn't cooperate with dual-monitors.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

I built a pretty good gaming PC last month and I already want to upgrade to this GTX 980Ti/Skylake i7/AIO Cooler/Full SSD overkill build that costs twice as much. I guess it's true that future proofing is impossible. :negative:

I should really unsubscribe from the PC parts picking thread.

With the way PC gaming has stagnated, going all out is really pointless. Half of my gear is either mid-range or 3 years old and can run new games at either highest, near to highest graphics settings.

I guess my first world problem is how console gaming has held back the PC master race for years now.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Brightman posted:

Not just inis but driver bullshit, don't forget the driver bullshit. Also this is dependent on your hardware and maybe the threshold you have for janky mouse acceleration, fov, etc. Last ini I had to gently caress with was Fallout 4. Similar things happened with GTA5, and Batman is a whole...thing. So no, that's not my problem, my problem is people acting like this isn't something that exists.

All of those games listed are console games that were poorly ported to the pc. So my statement stands true, that pc gaming is held back by consoles.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

The Steam sale is a little underwhelming.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

My return to dating has been going too well, and I'm way too busy now.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I got one for it with my new video card, but it's not a code for Steam and I can't be assed to use any other game provider. I think it's for uPlay, and I'm not touching that turd with a ten foot pole.

I had a stack in non-steam game codes I've gathered over the years. Threw them all out when I moved. Probably could've just posted them online for other people, but what's more first world than throwing out things you don't need but others might?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

The story in a video game made me sad, and while I want to play more of it, I don't know if I can handle it. I might have to take a break from one of my favourite games because it is too good.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I loaned a friend 200 bucks and now she's being all weird and rarely replies to my messages. Why do people get so lovely about money?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I'm happy my family accepts my terrible wrapping. I always go over the top with bad wrapping, like huge balls of paper with a tiny present inside, or the wrapping being made of 90% duct tape.

I'm thinking this year I make it even worse by just taping plastic bags together.

My current fwp is the busy holidays are getting in the way of seeing the girl I'm now dating.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Drum posted:

My dad's band is practicing in the next room, and they're using the PA to pretend they're sports announcers.

Your dad sounds cool, buy him a new years beer.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

To give the guys loving his wife enough time to leave, so it's not awkward.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I read good.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I wish I could run recreationally but my knee is shot. Maybe I should replace all my limbs with robot limbs to make working out... needless.

Still need to work the core. Unless you replace that too...

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

More friends than I expected are coming over tonight, so the plans I had won't work with such a group.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I discovered my video card supports 4k output. Now I have to buy a 4k TV or monitor.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

Hahaha, goddamnit Steadfast.

During that second interim I decided to double check what the shipping would be on two dork books I kind of really want.

:stare:

:negative:

And here I am complaining about Canadian shipping prices... Ouch.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

The passing Alan Rickman is the first celebrity death in some time to get to me. My girlfriend and I had been slowly making our way through the Harry Potter movies this month, and we only had the last two left.

I feel that the ending to them will be devastating now.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

There's still the problem that someday--hopefully not soon--that Microsoft will stop support for Windows 7 and then I'll be forced to upgrade. And/or I'll have to pay for it.

Mainstream support for windows 7, whatever that means, ended two days ago according to wikipedia. Extended support will still be available for four more years. No idea what any of that actually means, but I think we're good for a while longer. At the rate that they come out with new versions, I'm sure Windows 10 or 11 will be out by then. Maybe by 2020 I'll have enough reason to move on to a newer one (games no longer working on 7 is pretty much the only thing that would do it for me).

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

The Songza website is currently down, probably something to do with Google shutting it down. I want to get all the songs I've liked over the years, but doing it through the mobile app is so much less convenient than the full website.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Helios Grime posted:

If we are already talking about losing weight. (which is really already only a first world problem)

I'm on a cut to get me something of a nice beachbody in the summer months. I'm counting calories to not lose weigth too fast and losing much muscle mass. So I can't really eat calorie dense foods like sweets(duh) but what do I find this morning while browsing the internet?

These gifs.

http://i.imgur.com/oTGwt1u.webm

http://imgur.com/gallery/DRtTa :suicide:

I just got diabetes looking at those. :eyepop:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I managed to give myself a serious wound way up in my nasal cavity, so any time I sneeze or blow my nose it starts bleeding again.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

The browser-based Songza has now shut down, but the mobile app hasn't which is just confusing. I just want convenient streaming music!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I am in the final steps towards being hired in a job I didn't think I would ever get, and it's terrifying. If I get the job, I'm worried I'll gently caress it up. If I don't get the job, it'll be profoundly disappointing.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I didn't get the job. Rather bummed out about it, I had really gotten my hopes up.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

There's too much dressing on my salad.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Google's music streaming service is just terrible. Bad interface, full of ads, designed to push album purchases. Really annoying that it's pretty much the only free place left.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I took apart and cleaned my mouse for the first time in about 5 years (don't wait 5 years to clean your mouse). Now it has much more oomph to the clicks, and it's throwing me off a little.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I know if I eat many more of these chocolate mini-eggs, I will feel sick. But they are too drat tasty to put down.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

I know a lot of people who want him to win just to, and I quote, "see the end of the world." As in they might not like his policies but they will vote for him for shits and giggles.

Like you've never built up a sweet town in Sim City and then just wrecked it with volcanoes and robots.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Mikl posted:

A girl I'm interested in likes Wolverine better than Cap :negative:

At least she didn't like Iron Man more than Cap. Wolverine is understandable.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I want to move my computer tower to the other side of my desk, but it's so much effort to unplug everything and plug it back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

He's got a nice smile.