Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's kind of hot in my office but I don't want to turn on my fan because I have really bad gas and don't want to knock out my co-workers :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I was hungover as poo poo at work today because I got to drink for free with friends for three hours last night.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Just hosted an awesome Christmas party with my wife where we had a lot of good food and people brought cookies for people to trade.

Of the five people I invited who at least said "Yeah I might be able to make it" none of them showed up so it was all my wife's friends in attendance :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My parents asked me what I want for Christmas, and I want a Charge HR but my mom and brother both have one on their lists and I don't want to come across as bandwagoning or that I don't know what I want for Christmas (which is partially true)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Spent too much time working out, hanging out with my wife, and walking my dog today that I have to spend most of tomorrow doing chores and my side job assignments, with no time for video games. I also have a Super Bowl party to go to so I have to get that all done on ~4 hours less than normal too.

Also a woman with whom I went to college got engaged a few months ago, and today revealed to the FB world that she's pregnant with a picture of her belly and the caption "someone came early to the party!", which to me is a hilarious way to phrase that but I have no one here with whom to share that :(

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Feb 7, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm in the market for a new laptop and one that's almost exactly what I want goes on sale for really cheap tomorrow, except I won't have the money to spend on it until Tuesday :negative: I could technically buy it tomorrow because my landlord hasn't cashed our rent check yet, but then I have to pray that he doesn't try to cash it until Tuesday because otherwise I'm going to look an irresponsible douche and I am an adult who should more be responsible than to borrow against his rent money, even if only for a day!

And even if I did have the money for it, I get horrible indecision if I have to spend more than a couple hundred bucks on anything, so no doubt I would hem and haw at it all day and miss out on the sale :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mu Zeta posted:

Which laptop?

I posted it in SHSC, but this guy. Slickdeals has a code to drop it down to $700 but according to the people posting on the deal it's going to go pretty quick.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My new laptop shipped this morning and should be here by Friday, but the new SSD and RAM I'm going to put in it won't arrive until a week after the laptop does :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My new laptop is scheduled to get here today but still hasn't shown up, and the tracking number says it's still out for delivery. I have to go to the gym soon for an hour and I know for a fact it will show up the one hour I'm not home this evening, meaning I'll have to drive way out to get it from the delivery center tomorrow after work. got here today :buddy: But now I have to wait for the RAM and new SSD to show up in a week before I can really get down to business :(

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 03:39 on Feb 25, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Finally got all of the pieces for my laptop on Saturday, but my sister was visiting all day and then I had to spend Sunday doing the work I ignored and only got everything set up on my new machine last night right before bed, so now I'm stuck at work and can't play around with it until I get home.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Was playing games on my new computer and got motion sickness, so I passed out way early :negative: To be fair it was Antichamber which has crazy abstract graphics, and also I could probably stand to reduce the mouse sensitivity. But that's a bad omen regardless.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I've been going twice a week to this workout class run by this really cool dude, the classes are tough as poo poo but really rewarding and I've been getting better at them in the last month or two. Before each set of exercises he calls on someone in the class to demo the lifts/movements/whatever and I keep looking at him like "call on me! Give me validation!" and he Just. Won't. Do it.

N-notice me senpai :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

I've been going twice a week to this workout class run by this really cool dude, the classes are tough as poo poo but really rewarding and I've been getting better at them in the last month or two. Before each set of exercises he calls on someone in the class to demo the lifts/movements/whatever and I keep looking at him like "call on me! Give me validation!" and he Just. Won't. Do it.

N-notice me senpai :negative:

Self-quoting because senpai noticed me! But now my FWP is that he didn't know my name :saddowns:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Going to a wedding in a couple weeks and I really want to buy new pants or shoes or something to wear to it, but I can't justify spending money on new nice clothes when the nice outfit I've had for almost a decade still fits me really well. Probably better now than ever before even, because I actually have some muscle.

I know quite a few people who wish they could still fit into the clothes they wore in high school, but because I'm such a cheapskate re: clothing it's a curse because I never update anything unless it's actually falling apart or I'm running out of space to store it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
USPS tried delivering a package to me yesterday that needs a signature, then left a redelivery tag with a timestamp of when I was definitely home. Schedule them to redeliver it at 5:30-7:30 today but I get home from work early so I hoof it to the post office to try and head the truck off. Woman at the post office points out that I already scheduled a redelivery and the package is out on a truck, so I say "great" and go home to wait on it. Four hours later and it's still not here, nor is there a new redelivery tag showing that they tried :argh: I re-arranged my entire evening so these fuckers would have an easier time delivering it and they still can't get it right. No wondering the USPS is hemorrhaging something like a billion dollars a year.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Cowslips Warren posted:

Does USPS do Holds at Location for their offices? Or next time have them deliver to your work?

Picking it up at a post office was an option for "redelivery" and honestly after they hosed up delivering it the first time I should have just told them I would come pick it up in person. I'm mostly just annoyed that I walked all the way over trying to catch the truck before it left and the woman at the counter kind of gave me the stink-eye for (rightfully) thinking twice about trusting them to re-deliver it. It still hasn't shown up so I guess I'm going back there tomorrow to get it, as long as they don't lose it then whatever. Our apartment in general is completely perplexing to all delivery personnel which is a more general FWP I guess.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Learned this evening that my wife doesn't know who the Wu Tang clan is :negative:

This ties into a larger FWP of my wife never understanding any of the pop culture references that I make

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm going on a two-week overseas trip Tuesday AM but keep feeling like I'm forgetting something, despite triple-checking my passport/packing/itinerary/carry-on stuff.

Semi-related, my wife and I have a friend who's moving overseas and she let us raid her book collection for 50+ titles. But I have over 700 pages to go in the book I'm reading (to say nothing of also bringing my 3DS and its huge backlog) so I can't justify packing any of them :negative: I made room for two small paperbacks

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mister Adequate posted:

I am really really in the mood to play some Morrowind and Skyrim but I had to do a drive format recently and I'd rather die than go through and set up all those mods and then spend three loving days figuring out which one is causing the inevitable crashing.

Please don't post my inner thoughts TIA. What's worse is that of all the games I've been meaning to play and finally got to install when I got my new computer this year, I wasted my modding effort on Oblivion because I've been trying to finish that game for ten years dammit :negative::hf::negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Back from two weeks overseas and now I have all these LP episodes and podcasts to catch up on.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Got back from vacation middle of last week but was super-sick on my first full day back so I took a nap in the middle of the day. Now my sleep cycle is all hosed up and I keep falling asleep a couple hours ahead of when I usually do and then bolting out of bed at like 2 or 3 AM (like I am right now), when I wake up at 7 AM for work.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I can't find my favorite workout shirt and I'm worried I either accidentally A. left it at my in-law's house overseas while visiting them last month, or B. sorted it in with my wife's laundry and she put it away. It might as well be on the surface of Mars if either of those happened.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to finish a new book every month (have a bunch then got a bunch more for free after a friend moved overseas) and I'm behind schedule on my book for this month and really want to just sit on my rear end and post/play video games but I gotta read instead :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Guy Goodbody posted:

The solution is, read easier books. You could slam through an Animorphs novel in a night

I did Slaughterhouse Five last month which is super short so I didn't feel like doing an easy read this month. I have a Grisham book right now which moves at a decent clip, it just hasn't hooked me lately.

My stretch goal for this resolution is to get far enough ahead of schedule that I can take down my friend's copy of Infinite Jest at the end of the year :shepface:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My new coworker eats lunch at the exact same time I do and I'm so used to having the break room to myself when I eat that it feels awkward having someone else around.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had a chance for some gaming tonight but decided to drink bourbon and browse the forums instead. Again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
In their efforts to put in new "more secure" Wi-Fi at my office, the Wi-Fi has been out for the last 24 hours and I'm bored and want to watch LPs but don't want to burn through a bunch of data and battery to do it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Today was the last class for my yoga instructor, she's really cute and I had a gym-crush on her and now she's moving out of state :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had the whole apartment to myself this weekend and spent too much time forumsing and not enough time playing video games.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Been trying to play the free release of Starcraft all week but I had to get up early for work all week too so I've been too tired to play it in the evenings, or ever.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Woke up today with fun plans for the whole day, which almost never happens. I go to the gym in the morning before it all starts and my friend says "oh you didn't get my invite to come daydrinking with a bunch of attractive women? Do you have anything going on later today?" and I'm just Goooooooooooooooooooooooooood dammit :negative:

At least I got free dinner, but I think it's giving me really bad gas now too. Alas!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My phone is starting to do this thing where it locks up for a few seconds every minute or two where I'm using the screen, and it's both annoying and extremely inconsistent. Like just now I was typing out this post and it went unresponsive for a moment, but the cursor within the post editor kept flashing. Other times I'll be watching some on YouTube it'll hitch for a moment, but at the same time I never experience such hitching when I listen to music.

Granted my phone is almost 4 years old by now (Galaxy S4) but it was working great until now and I don't want to have to figure which phone I want to get and which case/cover to buy and moving all my poo poo from this phone to the new one and having my phone bill go up and :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

My phone is starting to do this thing where it locks up for a few seconds every minute or two where I'm using the screen, and it's both annoying and extremely inconsistent. Like just now I was typing out this post and it went unresponsive for a moment, but the cursor within the post editor kept flashing. Other times I'll be watching some on YouTube it'll hitch for a moment, but at the same time I never experience such hitching when I listen to music.

Granted my phone is almost 4 years old by now (Galaxy S4) but it was working great until now and I don't want to have to figure which phone I want to get and which case/cover to buy and moving all my poo poo from this phone to the new one and having my phone bill go up and :(

FWP/Update: the day after I order accessories for the phone I'm planning to buy next week, my phone stops doing all of this weird poo poo. Whatever, after four years I'm due anyway.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Finally upgrading my phone after having this S4 for nearly four years, and when I roll up to the store they asked me for a PIN # on the account which no one on my family plan knows and which my brother, who also just got a new phone, swears wasn't required when he got his. Guessed everyone's birthday, our house number, last 4 of people's SSNs, nothing :( Then I go home and realize that you can change the account PIN # on Verizon's site without needing to know the current one...but I don't find this until right after the store closes :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Got that new phone I was talking about a few days ago and it's really nice and all (Pixel XL) but now I don't know what to do with all this extra phone. I guess I can fit more apps on here now?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I was gifted a really nice notebook (with a metal cover and everything!) at my old job and it's now full and I have to use a boring-rear end legal pad to write stuff down :(

Inzombiac posted:

I moved from one apartment that only had windows facing North/South to one only facing East/West.

We must kill the sun.

We're moving this weekend from an apartment with very small west-facing windows as its only natural lighting to one with very large west-facing windows as its only natural lighting. My wife really wanted something with more natural light and I'm excited to hear her complain about the glare every time she wants to Netflix & chill on a weekend afternoon.

C-Euro has a new favorite as of 15:59 on May 27, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Gonna go putz around a comic con here in the city and can't decide which nerdy T-shirt to wear :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
After a tiny of Facebook stalking of a gym friend, I learned that she is friends with a friend and former colleague from my current job, and I don't know how to broach the subject without tipping her off to my FB creeping.

Inzombiac posted:

There are SO MANY great comedy podcasts I cannot reasonably catch up.
Even listening to two hours a day. gently caress.

This but gaming podcasts. I should just cut some out of my rotation since I don't get much gaming in these days (not for lack of want!) but force of habit is a tough thing to break.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
None of the music or podcasts on my phone really interest me right now, and nothing in my music collection really interests me. But I also like having stuff to listen to when I work because it's deathly quiet otherwise.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It's 5am. I'm due to get my wisdom teeth removed in 5 hours and I can't get to sleep.

You'll sleep afterwords, trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had a great workout at my Tuesday strength training class but for once my gym crush didn't attend class :negative: