Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That Power Rangers Bootleg fan movie depresses the poo poo out of me and I wish my friends would shut up about it.

I am aware that getting all twisted up over what is essentially a children's franchise is a less than mature reaction on my part.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 09:27 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I stepped in cat poo poo five minutes before having to head out the door and didn't have time to scrape it all off. Suffer with me, new guy I'm training.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I bought a thing for my friends' birthday two weeks ago and it still hasn't shown up. International shipping! :argh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I prefer shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear :downs:

First world problem: I need a goddamn haircut but between my needing to work early and my family's work schedules I can't get it done. And I'm too vain to submit to the dog clippers :bahgawd:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

We got new pots and pans but I'm too tired/lazy to do that "new pan oil treatment" thing you're supposed to do on them right now. :effort:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No idea, I didn't buy them. Didn't even know we were getting them 'til Dad walked in the door with 'em so :shrug: But I'm the one who usually does the cooking, so it falls to me anyway.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

I know but I like the desktop version of things, mobile versions make me angry.

I can vouch for Awful app, it's not bad at all.

First world problem: the person relieving me at the end of my shift has been over an hour late every loving day for two weeks now. I'm about to have words with the supervisor.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Greatbacon posted:

You should have words anyway, because short of "I or my child have cancer" that's unacceptable. Doubly so if you don't get to claim that extra hour for overtime.

I get to claim the hour... up to a point. If I go over a certain amount of hours per week the government stops paying me disability benefits, apparently, and we kinda need that for rent. :arghfist::saddowns: And nope, she has had no good excuses for it. First time was getting pulled over for speeding/not having a license. Okay, understandable... The next few had no information whatsoever. The latest one she, for whatever reason, admitted herself into a mental hospital and didn't feel the need to tell us because she thought she could just walk back out whenever she wanted :downs:

I'm fairly certain she's only still employed because the site supervisor desperately wants into her pants.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A friend wouldn't listen to me when I told her she didn't want to see what in the Awkward/Ugly/Gross thread had made me lose my appetite and regain my zeal for getting in shape. Now she's not talking to me. :arghfist::saddowns: I told you so, goddammit.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

Don't you have leverage you can use, being their boyfriends?

There's only so much you can do even as the boyfriend. Either they want to quit smoking, or they don't.

Bukowski posted:

My FWP is that I can't smoke enough cigs in one sitting to erase myself from this mortal coil.

Especially after this tax hike, they're at 15 bucks a pack now for Christ's sake

My sister is the only family member who smokes and she WILL NOT SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT THIS :tizzy:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I finally finished the Awkward, Ugly, and Gross pictures thread from the first page to current.

I will not say it robbed me of my will to live, but I retain a great deal less than I had when I started. :cry:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I don't recognize half the references in Jojo; I didn't even know Zeppeli was one :saddowns:

My replacement for the end of my shift was on time- yay! My ride home is late and it's super awkward here in the guard shack- boo!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

E: should probably put this in the things pissing you off thread.

Proper first world problem- the dude who works the four hour shift brings in his tablet blaring a Christian evangelical stream. I'm all for freedom of religion but this job is dull enough without listening to a wrinkled old white dude blathering on about the holy spirit against my will.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 02:02 on Apr 23, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My router is being a pain in my rear end again :argh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

HOLY gently caress posted:

I love video games but I'm really bad at them.

This describes my best friend except it's his own loving fault for always skipping the tutorials.
"Blah blah blah, get to the good bits... How do I do anything?"
:mad:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Well, some games do have really tedious tutorials that make you go slowly through the basics one at a time, so sitting through that to get to the bit you actually need to know can be a real chore.

I acknowledge this, but if you skip the text and tutorials you really have no one but yourself to blame for not knowing what is going on, what you're supposed to be doing, or how to do it :v: Also he does this for every game ever, not just the ones with tedious tutorials. If you can't be assed to read the instructions on goddamn Lego Star Wars...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My sister took the loving toothpaste with her to the other house when she went to babysit for our cousin :argh: now my teeth will feel funky all day

Edit: never mind i figured it out :pseudo:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 11:55 on May 22, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Rolo posted:

I would like to hear more.

About what? My sister, or the problem I was having? If the latter, it was an issue with the Awful app that I fixed by the arcane art of "clearing the cache". If the former, that's creepy you're creepy :catstare:

First World Problem: 900+ new posts in the Fifa thread overnight, and I'd just gotten caught up! :f5h::cry:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Technology marches on :science:
No in seriousness I just stole the tube out of the other bathroom. But it was inconvenient, dammit!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Why the gently caress did I agree to a 16 hour shift what the gently caress is wrong with me :shepicide:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I want to play more Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag but the ship controls are pissing me off so much. And the game loves spawning a billion Brig ships on me at once :argh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My best friend was gonna give me his old video card but the new one he got is being a poo poo.

Technically this is more his problem than mine, but still. I was looking forward to the upgrade.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I helped my best friend unfuck his new video card and he gave me the old one. It physically will not fit in my stupidly tiny tower and even if it did my power supply is less than half the minimum needed to run it. But I'm so close to having enough money saved up to buy all the parts of a new computer entirely that I can't justify getting a bigger case/power supply before then.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

I had this problem. It was a video card with a built in TV tuner, so it had this massive connector for a coax cable that wouldn't fit into my case. Thankfully I got a case with better made expansion slot covers from a friend for free.

Close, but not quite; It's like trying to fit a soda can into a space the thickness of a poptart :v: The novelty of this micro-tower wore off real loving quick-like, let me tell you. Just to put in some new RAM (who the gently caress thought that selling a computer with only 2 gigs of ram total was a good idea), I had to completely remove the hard-drive and the disk reader, that's how compact the space inside is.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm not entirely sure if this is a 'problem' or not but according to speedtest.net my internet speed has gone up by a factor of loving ten :stare: I'm really, really hoping this doesn't come back to bite my wallet in the rear end. What the gently caress, Time Warner?

E: It should say something about how the internet providers in the US work that I'm actually worried about my speed going up, not down.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 10:56 on Jun 18, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

If you have Time Warner, I'm assuming it's cable internet? With cable, you're on a shared connection with several other people, so depending on time of day, who else is using it, etc... it's within the realm of possibility that it can go up that much.

Though it still depends on actual numbers...if you went from like 2-3 Mbps to 20-30, then that's normal, but if you went from like 20-30 Mbps to 200, then I'd say you might want to check your next bill to make sure you weren't "upgraded" without knowing.

Yes, cable internet. Up until yesterday it was 10-12mbps range, but every time I check it now it's easily 105 to 108 :stare: I'd like to just kick back and enjoy the faster internet speed, but I just know this is going to impact my wallet negatively.

HOLY gently caress posted:

It's my day off and I wanted to play games but my boyfriend switched out the hard drive on my xbox with his and forgot to switch it back. I'd do it myself but I don't know where it is and he's at work so I'll just have to wait :argh:

If it's a black 360-Slim, the harddrive is under one of the panels on the side; there's a little lever you can get a fingernail under and pull up, the harddrive is hidden under that. Unless you meant "I don't know where the other harddrive/xbox is", in which case I can't help you :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yesterday was my birthday, and all around things were pretty drat sweet. I didn't get to hang out with and inflict more Kamen Rider W episodes upon one of my oldest friends, though. C'est la vie!

also poo poo keeps happening that keeps setting me back on having enough money to build a new computer. I'm so loving close I can taste it :argh: Just two or three more paychecks!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My family almost fell for an IRS-impersonator scam :shepspends:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I was expecting my paycheck to be bigger because every drat time I'm told I'll be getting time and a half, my brain fucks up how time and a half works. No, self, you don't get both your regular time *and* the bonus pay on top of it, you just get the bonus pay. Why do I always forget this, every drat time?

E: Also this is the third time I've gotten past the $800 mark on my journey to saving up enough to build a new computer. I'm close enough now that I'm getting impatient for it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm not entirely sure if this is a 'problem' or not but according to speedtest.net my internet speed has gone up by a factor of loving ten :stare: I'm really, really hoping this doesn't come back to bite my wallet in the rear end. What the gently caress, Time Warner?

E: It should say something about how the internet providers in the US work that I'm actually worried about my speed going up, not down.

Update on this. They really really did bump me up from ~15mbps to ~120mbps without charging me a single cent more a month! That's good!
Unfortunately, right after they did that, my connection started being randomly spotty as gently caress; sometimes it'll stay solid for hours, then it'll flicker intermittently and never stay up for more than ten minutes. That's bad!
Time Warner sent a dude over to test our router and it's not our router that's the problem! That's good!
It's the ancient-rear end cable in the wall that can't handle the new speeds, so they'll have to send someone later this week to yank it out and replace it. That's :suicide:!

I will credit them at least with wanting to fix the problem, unlike when we had AT&T who just told us "Haha tough poo poo, downgrade your plan" while charging us ten bucks more a month than I pay now for 6mbps, but we never got more than 2.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Jul 25, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

They swapped out the line. It's still dropping intermittently :suicide: I just want steady goddamn internet, why is this so hard

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I examined the cable they laid.
They literally just laid it on the ground, attached it to whatever the main cable is, then punched a hole in the wall next to my window leading out onto the patio where the cable snakes along the concrete before being pulled under my fence. :eng99:
Would it have killed them to have at least *tried* to protect it from the elements? I thought this poo poo was usually buried.

And I just know they're gonna charge me for it because it wouldn't be Time Warner if they didn't poo poo in my cornflakes somehow.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 08:34 on Jul 26, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I got headphones that are comfortable as gently caress and work with my cochlear implant! I've been watching so much poo poo on YouTube with them that the reading voice in my head has been replaced by Markiplier.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I made potstickers for dinner for the first time in ages, but everyone is either napping or at the pool and it's taking all my self-control not to eat them all.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I just got into an internet argument with someone about the South. Apparently I'm not allowed to have an opinion on how dumb the Confederate flag is because my state (Texas) is 'A western culture, not a southern one'
:psyduck:...What?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

We're at a restaurant having lunch for my sister's birthday, but my dad didn't come so it's awkward as hell and I can't fully enjoy my seafood.

At least the guest Wi-Fi is good.

E: I got to gross my niece out with the calamari, they fry it with the legs still on here :cthulhu: Totally worth it.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 20:19 on Aug 10, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Good: Time Warner knows what the problem with my internet is!
Bad: They just don't know where the problem is :shepicide:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My boss' boss is dragging his loving feet on hiring new people for our location, and now both my boss and another coworker have told me they're actively looking for new jobs. I'm worried that if they do leave, the company will decide that our location isn't worth the time and effort to keep staffed anymore and will fire me :smith: The only reason I have this job is because my nieces' dad helped me get it, and he left a year ago.

I'm the only employee who has been at this location for more than a year. I'm sure they'd like for me to be the supervisor, but even if I wanted to be, I can't- I can only work so many hours per week before losing my disability benefits, and they just plain don't pay me enough to make up for losing that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It finally happened. Motherfuckers shorted me an entire shift on my paycheck :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It finally happened. Motherfuckers shorted me an entire shift on my paycheck :shepface:

Motherfuckers said they'd look into it and I would have my pay by Monday, which was yesterday. I still do not have my pay. I'm 'bout to start going over heads until either I get a hold of someone who will give me my goddamn money, or they fire me for chain of command horseshit, whichever happens first.
pay me my goddamn money:tizzy: