Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

DesolateRampage posted:

That isn't a first world problem. That's more like, "How am I going to pay the rent" type of problem.

It's not that they didn't pay me at all- they did, for the hours I was actually scheduled to work. The extra hours that I covered for a coworker who was sick are the ones that I'm trying to get. :argh:
I'm stupid forgiving stupid enough that I can let this go if they don't gently caress it up again. I like that particular coworker, so it's less of an issue (she's also actively been trying to un-gently caress it instead of keeping the money from the shift she didn't do, which helps.) Now, if they gently caress it up with this next paycheck, I will be pestering every drat person every drat day, because if I work a 7am-3pm and 11pm-7am shift on the same drat day, I'm loving getting paid for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

They turned off the Wi-Fi hotspot at work :arghfist::saddowns: now I have to actually use the unlimited data that comes with the family phone plan.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ahahaha, HAHAHAHAHA! :derp::tizzy::rant::tizzy::derp:THE MOTHERFUCKERS DIDN'T PAY ME MY EXTRA HOURS THIS TIME, EITHER! Now I'm up to 15+ hours of time that they loving owe me! I am not covering one more loving shift for anyone until this gets resolved; if they aren't going to pay me for any extra time, then I'm not fuckin' giving it.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 12:23 on Sep 9, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Irish Joe posted:

:lol:

This is an amazingly easy problem to solve if you would get off Something Awful for a minute and just explain the situation to your boss.

I did the last time it happened, he told me it would be fixed. It was not. I have told him about this as well. Again, I have been told it will be fixed. Place your bets, boys and girls :shepspends:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

One of my best friends got a whole whack of money from their parents' to go tour Europe. I really want to be happy for them but all I can think about is how they'd be better off squirreling at least some of that away to un-gently caress their living situation :smith: You don't have to spend every single cent you get.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"It's all sorted out", he said.
"You'll definitely have those hours you're owed on this paycheck", he said.
Take a guess whether those hours were actually on my paycheck. Go on. :shepspends:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

death .cab for qt posted:

Stop working immediately

If only. Best I can do is do the bare minimum of hours and never cover any extra shifts, because why should I cover for anyone if I'm not gonna get paid for it?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My internet is as poo poo as ever and my bill is 20 bucks higher for no readily apparent reason :shepface:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Thin Privilege posted:

My phone keyboard is all sorts of hosed up with misspellings because I type poorly, so it corrects likes like gettibg and YES in caps. I need to reset it but then I'll have to type more carefully and the stupid keyboard will have to learn my typing again and that's annoying.
Related, I wish physical keyboards on phones would come back but know they never will. I've owned a smartphone for years now and even with Swype and a (slightly) more intelligent spellcheck I still have yet to come close to the blistering speeds I could thumb-type poo poo with on a proper keyboard. Touchscreen ones are too easy to fatfinger.
:corsair:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

nexus6 posted:

Goons aren't posting fast enough in the threads I've bookmarked.

Goons are posting too fast in some of the threads I bookmark. Looking at you, Star Citizen thread :argh: 400 pages in a week!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I want to be excited about the new Star Wars but I got burned as a teen by the prequel trilogy :( Maybe this one will be okay since Lucas can't cock it up, though.

actual first world problem of mine: I finally have enough saved up to get started buying parts of my new PC that I've been planning for a year now, and I find myself antsy. What if the parts get lost, what if they don't work after arriving, what if, what if, what if :ohdear:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

drgnwr1 posted:

Order from a reputable online store (newegg) and if any of your worries happen, they are really good about getting it fixed fast.
I am, my dad has worked in IT as long as I can remember so I know all about making sure I get my parts from reputable places.

nexus6 posted:

Yeah, then all you have to worry about it loving up putting it together :v:
This is a good 60-70% of my agitation, yes :v: It's the first computer I've ever built all on my own, paid for with all my own money.

FWP: The thermos I got is too good. It's been four hours and my coffee is still too hot to drink :saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Motherfuckers from Payroll tried to pull a fast one on me, making me think they paid the 16 hours I was owed. Instead, they pulled 16 from my next paycheck that I was supposed to get today :shepface: So I got half a paycheck today. This has put my plans for the PC on hold until the end of November if it isn't resolved by then.

Someone is getting severely spanked over this, and it sure as gently caress ain't me.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Oct 21, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Sure seems like it's been you.

Just to compound it, the new operations manager I'm supposed to talk to about it is on vacation this week so he's unavailable.
:redass:

E: at least he's coming back on Monday and only left day before yesterday, so it's not like he hopped on a plane as soon as I found out I'd been gypped.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 06:12 on Oct 22, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

There's a goddamn adorable black cat outside my door and I can't let him in :saddowns: He has a collar, I know who he belongs to, but it is wet and rainy outside kitty why are you outside

Actual FWP: That half paycheck I got? Turns out my job switched us from getting paid every two weeks to every week and just kind of neglected to tell us. This seems an important bit of information to share with employees.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

kreyla posted:

I am a whopping $2 overdrawn on my bank account and I'm not sure what to do about it.

If your bank is anything like mine they will not give a single poo poo about any overdraws below 10 bucks so long as you don't make any more purchases.

FWP: The computer parts arrive tomorrow and I'm impatient as gently caress :tizzy: I want to build it now, dammit!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I don't understand... the new computer will recognize my wireless keyboard in BIOS but it won't let me use it to actually install Windows...

Why :negative: so much hand wringing and nervousness about building my first computer all on my own, and my stumbling block is not keeping a serial keyboard on hand.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Brightman posted:

It might work if you use a USB 2.0 port, depending on the version of windows you're installing, although I thought that stopped being "a thing".

Negative, every USB port on this jalopy is supposed to be 2.0 at the least and 3.0 at most. No dice.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Fixed the problem with the wireless, now it's insisting my install disk doesn't have any drivers on it :shepicide: I just want to use my new goddamn computer.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Now that I have a proper gaming computer I have no idea what games I want to play :saddowns: Before, what I played was dictated by "Can my shitbox run it?".
Now it's "I can run everything. Where do I even start?"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Brightman posted:

not sure how far back we're going here with what your shitbox could run. Might be a good idea to see if you had a game you could just barely run and then run it maxed out possibly with modded high quality textures and poo poo.

My old computer was a Radeon 5250 HD in an eMachines prebuilt with 4 gig of ram. The current one is a GeForce GTX 970 with 16gb ram and a motherboard that can to up to 32.

Warframe looks really drat good on high settings :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Posts you've made in threads that got deleted are removed from your total, I think.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

My mom's physical therapist does not like cursing, and when he was at the house yesterday I said gently caress. The dude refused to speak to me for the rest of the session.

Dude can get over himself. He's at your home, and cursing is perfectly normal. People pushing their hangups on others annoys me.

FWP: I want to play more Fallout 4 but I need to get some drat sleep :saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Bonzi Buddy avs aren't even funny, they're just kinda stupid monkey-cheese random.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Related, I had an av all edited to foist on someone in the Warframe thread but it's on the old computers hard drive and I can't be assed either to transfer it over or hunt that image down again to edit it again :effort:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Glad you like it :v: I couldn't sleep anyway and figured I'd try to hunt it down again. Couldn't find the image I'd used before, but I like this end result better anyway.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My shift relief is late :negative: I'm so tired.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

It's not even the winter sale, don't fret.

It's underwhelming for me because I already own all the good games.

For me it's this and the fact that now that I've got a proper gaming computer, I have to actually pay attention to the sales now. Before, I could ignore them because I'd not be able to run them anyway. Now... :homebrew:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Unless you're doing one of those colon-cleanse things. Then it's both!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I got a free code for the new Assassin's Creed and I guess that it's so bad that it's not worth selling.

I got one for it with my new video card, but it's not a code for Steam and I can't be assed to use any other game provider. I think it's for uPlay, and I'm not touching that turd with a ten foot pole.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Every single Markiplier video is preceded by minute long adverts for Ant Man. I just want to watch a goofy man make silly faces. :saddowns:

uBlock has always blocked those for me. Maybe try that?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Please take your medication.

E: My FWP, I'm impatient for the Steam winter/christmas sale. Let me throw money at you, Gaben! :arghfist::saddowns:

E2: Walkthrough writers who mix up West and East :argh:

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Dec 16, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Someone used up the last of the real sugar while I was asleep, so I have to put the fake Splenda crap in my coffee instead. No, I don't care that it's 'made from sugar', it doesn't taste the same! :coffee: :negative:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I would stab a man to get a smartphone with a physical keyboard again :smith: My typing speed with the touchscreen still isn't nearly as fast as I was with my thumbs, and so much more finicky with the spelling.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

From the smell of things, my little sister is making mexican for Christmas dinner. :psyduck: What the gently caress, sis?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

That was tradition for us growing up.
Extra spicy chicken enchiladas, sopapilla with honey and Mexican coffee.
We are all extremely white.

gently caress that was good.

And if she were making any of that, I wouldn't mind it in the least bit. But no, it's lovely terrible store-bought 'mexican spice' thrown into a pan full of beef and half-assed 'fried rice' (really normal rice with a can of Rotel emptied into.)

We are also extremely white. She's otherwise a good cook, but she really phoned it in this time. What the hell.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Can't you just ask their parents?

That leads to the issue of 'Are they really telling me that niece/nephew likes/didn't like it, or are just trying to get me to give them something else next year because They (the parent) didn't like it?'

My FWP: I don't get paid again until after the Steam Sale is done and I want MGS V: Phantom Pain, dammit :saddowns:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I have a new supervisor.

This is my 7th (technically 8th if you count the guy who answered the phone call with "No I'm not, I turned in my two weeks today") supervisor.

I've been at this job slightly over two years. That's a new boss roughly every three months.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I did not win the lottery despite really, really wanting to.

Vaguely related, I keep meaning to start getting lotto tickets (now that I've built my gaming computer, there's not a hell of a lot for me to spend my paychecks on after the one bill I'm responsible for) but keep either forgetting, or sinking into :effort:. Because, in the incredibly unlikely chance that I do win any money, I'd need a ride down to Austin to turn in the ticket (or so I'm told) and gently caress that noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My klepto cousin is being kicked out of the state but isn't leaving until Thursday and until then, is staying with us :shepface: Why? Because my mother, kind soul that she is, was the only family member who didn't tell her to take a long walk off a short pier when she got kicked out of where she was saying, because of her kleptomania.

I love Mom dearly, but I really need her to understand that just because we share a few DNA strands with this person does not mean we should move earth and heaven for them.

Also, SA was down all night so I had to actually pay attention to the TV instead of use it for background light and noise :arghfist::saddowns: