Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm going to assume it's a silverfish (what we call the big-rear end WhatTheFucks down here in Texas) and tell you it's they're probably getting in from outside somehow. I'm currently having the same problem in my bedroom, but it's crickets. Once every two weeks, like clockwork, another hopping little bastard. Where the gently caress are they coming from?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

They were called the Zip, I thought. At least that's the one I had before I managed to lose it walking around the state fair :smith: It was a present from a friend, too.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm stuck at work again. First time in a while. Normally I would be incandescent with rage, but the new Accounts Manager actually answered their phone on the first try and has been very helpful locating rescue, which is why I am merely grumpled and why this is not in the "why was your day lovely" thread. Now, if I end up having to stay until the next shift change, that last part will be rectified :shepicide: but I choose to give this manager the benefit of the doubt. For now.

E: Well it still took them two hours more but they succeeded in extricating me from my overlong shift :toot: I award the point to the new manager, if only because at no point did they ever ask if I could stay until 3, and in fact assumed (correctly) that yes, I could, but I did not fuckin want to.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 17:29 on Mar 14, 2020

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Platform-exclusive DLCs. Christ on a bike.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Stuff doesn't have to be profitable to be an "acceptable" interest, what the gently caress are you on about

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No it isn't.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

One of my closest friends didn't qualify for the gubment unemployment by 2 whole drat hours and I am livid. He's gonna appeal of course but :cripes:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

No need to be a dick. There's nothing wrong with admitting they'll miss seeing their friend if the friend lands the job.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Lot of posters having strokes lately

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Fucks sake, if I tell you to please speak up because I can't hear you over your truck engine, actually raise your drat voice! Repeating yourself in the same mumble level is just being a dick. Usually the truckers are really good about this, what the hell is with today.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I would argue that telling someone- even just spouting it onto the internet- is better than bottling it up.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Amazon Fresh is out of the sweet tea flavor of Mio Water Enhancer I like :saddowns: Now I'll have to actually take a chance with another one that I might not like as much.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Because that's one extra minute of blissful oblivion they could have been experiencing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's because she's feeling guilty about something and projecting it onto you, if the r/relationships thread has taught me anything.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My cat is asleep on my left slipper. Very deeply asleep, doing sleep twitches and everything, but I need that slipper back :qq:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You'll know when I get a magic lamp when there's a news report about a gorillion scalpers' computers spontaneously melting into molten plastic and metal.

Wish#2 will be to give them all treatment-resistant hemorrhoids.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

For the same reason the wind will always change direction to blow campfire smoke directly into your face.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

John Harvey Kellogg, you get the gently caress back in your grave and you stay there.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My waterbed mattress has a leak in it :negative: I'd been hoping the wetness was just condensation from the skyrocketing humidity of three goddamn consecutive days of nonstop rain, but... no. It's a leak, there's no getting around that. This is going to be a pain in the aaaaaaass.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My new mattress was supposed to be here like 3 days ago. The fuckers have already taken the first monthly payment for it. Some may enjoy sleeping on an air mattress, but it ain't for me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Mattress was supposed to be delivered today, I'm told. I wake up, I go out and check. No mattress, but the delivery truck did come, I got the new screen protectors for my phone. I take out the trash, i see a ratty old twin mattress propped up by the dumpster. Now, I'm not saying the mattress got delivered and then immediately loving stolen by one of my neighbors, but that kinda coincidence makes a person go "hmm". It would help my ability to not be pessimistic about it if the family member who does have the tracking number would answer my text about whether it has updated, which I sent several hours ago.

But hey, all the cracks on my phone were just on the screen protector and the actual screen beneath was immaculate, and the new one went on without a hassle. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Good news, the higher-ups found someone to fill in the empty shift and make sure I'll get relieved at the end of mine consistently and on time.
Bad news: it's the former site supervisor that literally no one likes. He's cordial enough to me but an absolute dick to every other guard, and if this is the prelude to them making him supervisor again I will quit on the goddamn spot. This motherfucker is the reason we don't have a table!

My sole consolation is that his accomplice in management that helped him get away with his poo poo is no longer here, so it's actually pretty drat unlikely he'll retake the reins. I can already tell the group text is going to explode with complaints, though.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

mlnhd posted:

I thought the car still works without it. It just poisons the air

It also becomes incredibly loving loud, as happened when my dad had it stolen it out of his. It took a month for the mechanics to get ahold of a replacement for some reason and let me tell you, the neighbors were *not happy* about him rumbling into the parking lot at 7 in the morning after his night shifts.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That kind of poo poo is why I don't use fingerprint scanners, I use the pattern swipe thing. Not as secure, sure, but it doesn't give a rats rear end about screen protectors.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Huh, did not know that re: the fingerprint scanners. I feel even more justified in not using it then.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Good: I've found how those five times father-hosed cricket bastards are getting into the apartment.
Bad: it's through a gap in the frame of my bedroom window, that the owners have been kicking the can down the road on replacing for close to a decade now. Which is right by my headboard when I'm in bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypzfsySqhxo

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Can't you just put duct tape over that hole?
We have, but that doesn't do anything about the horde that have already moved in! The tape that was over it before peeled away in the turbo humidity we've been having in the last week; it's not a permanent solution. The window needs replacing, full stop.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 06:39 on Sep 16, 2023

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Good news: The five times father-hosed cricket bastards have been stymied! We're pretty sure we found the right extra holes in my windowframe to putty over in addition to the gap we already knew about because two of the little fuckers decided right then to crawl up into the room as we were applying it.

Bad news: Apparently my niece's room also has an ingress for the chirping menace :shepface: They were apparently not trying nearly as hard to get in through her window as they were through mine, though, what the gently caress???

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

And that is why The Junk Drawer exists. To throw that poo poo into until this exact scenario happens.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My apartment key has gone missing.

It's in the apartment somewhere, I just have abso-loving-lutely no idea where. I left it under the doormat for my niece to let herself in from visiting her dad while my Dad and I were both asleep after our shifts, she left it on my computer desk. I put it in my shorts pocket. I took it *out* of my pocket for a reason I cannot remember due to still being 2/3rds asleep at the time and now it has vanished into the aether.

It's not a problem as such because I only need to use the thing like 3 times a year tops, it's just annoying as gently caress.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Y'know what? Sure, what the hell, I'm feeling generous :v: I'll buy a forums upgrade or av certificate for whoever's guess ends up being closest when/if the drat thing turns up.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Already checked the laundry, alas. Also under the couches, under the dining table, most of the kitchen sans deep diving into the fridge or cabinets, and under around/behind my computer desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Everyone should have at least one piece of clothing that makes other people, and ideally themselves, go "what the hell?"