Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Welp, my old-rear end PCcrashed and now I don't have audio. Also my Ipad's touch screen is acting up, constantly clicking the same place.

Edit: Spent all day trying to figure the sound problem out and now my wireless card, which was cannibalized from an even older computer, seems to have crapped out last night.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 18:00 on Aug 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I asked for the parts to build a new computer for Christmas because the one I have is old and crash-prone, and I got them. I put it together today, and it won't start up. I checked and rechecked all the connections and I'm pretty sure I fastened the motherboard right. So now I'm worried that I shorted out the biggest Christmas gift I've ever gotten. I couldn't have just loving asked for a new computer built by actual professionals, but noooo, I had to have a fun project.

Also I think I've had a piece of popcorn shell stuck to the very back of my tongue, slightly down my throat, since Saturday.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
High winds in my area knocked out the power this afternoon. It went from a brownout at 2 or 3 to blackout between 5 and 6. Still no power.

Seeing streets so close by that aren't affected makes me feel like I'm being mocked.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Dr Christmas posted:

High winds in my area knocked out the power this afternoon. It went from a brownout at 2 or 3 to blackout between 5 and 6. Still no power.

Seeing streets so close by that aren't affected makes me feel like I'm being mocked.

It's noon and the power is still out, and DTE energy's hotline is still playing yesterday's message, saying that we're currently experiencing high winds until 8 PM tonight (last night) and estimates will be unavailable until later tomorrow (today) morning.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My sister stopped by our house to prepare for a trip with some friends. She brought a couple boxes of Samoas and left them here for us.

I don't like coconut. Why didn't she buy thin mints instead :argh:?

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 09:11 on Mar 21, 2017

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I haaate applying for jobs. The whole process of resumes and cover letters just kills my motivation. It always feels like I'm doing something wrong that I can't quite put my finger on. I just started a crappy seasonal labor position, following a crappy holiday retail position, because applying for the stuff I actually want a career in requires so much more. And those personality tests. Ugh.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I got a labor job that kind of sucks but it's something to do while I try to get my foot in the door somewhere that can help me with the career I actually want to start. Now it's finally the weekend! I get to sleep in!

Except I don't because I adjusted my cat's insulin schedule around the workday so I still have to set an alarm.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My dad keeps buying bananas. I only like them when they're yellow with a small bit of green at the end, and I gag once they start to get spots. So we have a new-ish bunch and the last member of the previous bunch and I'm gagging through it because I don't want to waste food and it just gets worse ughh.

For an actual problem, I'm working at home online on a job that has to be done during certain hours, and AT&T had an outage on Tuesday from 11am to 9pm, so I lost more than half a day's work hours.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 21:46 on May 18, 2017

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I'm playing Injustice 2 and I'm not seeing an arcade mode where you play and they invent some batshit crazy story for that dude's ending.

I dunno if I'm overlooking it, or they just don't have it, but dammit that was one of my favorite parts of these fighting games. You either got a EVERYTHING IS FINE ending or a OH poo poo EVERYTHING THAT COULD GO BAD DID AND NOW EARTH IS A FLAMING RUIN.

I haven't played Injustice, just spoiled myself a bunch. Apparently you choose the battle simulator game mode in the Multiverse menu. The opaque way this is presented certainly seems like a thing dragging the game down.

Anyway, here are the endings:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJpk5YDAEnM

With a few exceptions, things generally go the way each character hoped.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My cat has been prescribed Lantus insulin. It costs almost $300 for a 10 mL vial. The company's savings program is for humans only. Shipping from Canada takes too long, and I while I live in the Detroit area, I don't have a passport or advanced driver's license. The vet's only idea for this was shopping around.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Jersey Shore talk reminds me of a first world problem I had years ago. An old friend was on an MTV dating show called Next. The problem was that they pumped out so many episodes of that stuff that we had no idea when it would be on, so we had to keep tuning onto MTV every day to watch Next in order to catch the segment he was on.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I live in southeast Michigan. We have an in ground pool. There's one great pool guy in the area, but he's a bitch to get a hold of. We'll get told he'll be there tomorrow for weeks at a time, and we have to put up with it because he's the only game in town. This year it was worse because Dad wanted to replace the coping and some tiles, which involves draining it. So we got it opened mid-May, they removed the tiles, and then nothing for a while. So a job that we wanted done before Memorial Day got done mid-June, and our backyard is an eyesore all the while.

So once we finally get it filled back up, it gets unseasonably mild, barely getting over 70 for two weeks.

I want my summer pool fun!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I've been part time seasonal help at a department store since October. I also applied for a job at an Amazon fulfillment center that I finally had orientation for today. I walk in and they have us get in line in front of a table, and three at a time, we have to decide then and there what shifts we want, no takebacks of ability and to change whatsoever because the holidays are coming, and the shifts I favored were unavailable. The pressure of the situation left me to picking some early weekend shifts, which I will leave me working an even worse Black Friday and Saturday which will cause me to miss part of a family friend's wedding reception for her family and friends back home who couldn't make it out of state to her wedding.

I thought of a better plan while I was leaving the warehouse to drive home, but they wouldn't be even let people change their mind while we were still there. Also the orientation video still included a section on using the website to adjust schedules, which they made sure to remind us we wouldn't be able to use.

All the poo poo I gotta worry about with cover letters and resumes just causes me to shut down when I apply for jobs I'd actually want. I still have no idea how much detail I should provide in a cover letter.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 08:45 on Nov 18, 2017

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
loving cover letters, man.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I dropped the Lantus insulin vial I have for my diabetic cat. It costs $300 in the states, but far less in Canada, BUT that'll take time to ship. I can't find any savings plans that don't require me to fill out forms for a human patient.

God, I can't imagine what it must be like for a person who needs to deal with this lovely system to live :smith:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Got a temp job. They said it would be 8-5. Turns out that was just for training, and the job is 5PM-1AM. Thanks for the accurate info, temp agency.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
You'd think they'd spend some of that money figuring out a way to ensure proper Oreo distribution in their McFlurries :argh:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have a crappy temp job verifying the inventory on outgoing trucks at a distribution center for a pizza chain. Power went out at 8, with an ETA at 11:30, and no one got sent home. The guys who load the trucks can't do anything because it's dark and also the scanners they use are on a wifi network that's down, so most of us are just sitting here in the dark. Couldn't reheat the leftover enchilada I brought for dinner. My phone is dying.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I bought a game on Steam, and shut down my computer out of habit as I was leaving the house for a few hours. Now I'm back and I can't play my game yet.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Dealing with tech job recruiters is a physically painful experience and I hate it.

I've been trying to get an entry level tech job for two and a half years, though admittedly most of my problems have been with my own motivation. This last month, I've had one guy tell me he'd get back to me with possible times to schedule an interview after the first time he suggested was too short notice for me, and never got back to me.

As for silly problems:
My 5-year-old iPhone doesn't have enough hard drive space left to get the 2+ gb patches for Hearthstone, so I have to re-download the whole game every time a patch comes out. I also just got a third-party cord for it that I thought would be more sturdy than the Apple one, and now it's giving "accessory not supported" errors after only a few weeks.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I ordered drunken fried rice with shrimp from a Thai place last Friday, and they gave me drunken fried noodles instead. There was enough leftover to bring to work for lunch the last two days, but it seems I ate all but one of the shrimp on Friday. I don't recall eating that many shrimp on Friday.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 01:16 on Jan 16, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Edit: Whoops, wrong thread.

First world problem: I've had a cough since two days before Christmas and I'm waiting for my job's insurance to kick in.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Jan 20, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I flipped over to a hip-hop radio station in the way to work, and the hosts were talking about the themes and symbolism of Jordan Peele's Us. No plot details, but I still feel pretty spoiled because they weren't apparent in the trailer.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
What is it about office people being so amused about seeing you eat some normal food item multiple times, and why is their pointing it out so infuriating?

Yes Karen, plain Lay's potato chips are my "favorite passion."

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Apr 5, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Being underemployed and not being in my chosen career path is hell on your social life. I'm too embarrassed to reconnect with my old friends, so pretty much my only consistent relationship is my dad. Yesterday was the Detroit Tiger's opening day, the day before someone said they were making hotdogs for us. It ended up being a pretty nice spread.

I told Dad about this nice thing that happened, and got two (2) separate talks about how I did lunch wrong by not offering to bring anything and how that affects me professionally at this $10/hr temp job where I take various computer cables out of packages and put them into different packages and put Prop 65 labels on them.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Power went out at my job. No one is working, which is kinda nice, but I'm angry that I'm still here.

The fire system is beeping every few seconds.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 14:57 on Apr 12, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Spring is making its way to Michigan. Which means so are the 4AM devil birds living it up across the street.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Got turned down for an entry level IT job. They said they went with someone with more experience. I got in contact with these people through a community college job fair where, correct me if I'm wrong, looking to talk to people with no professional experience.

Three loving years of this poo poo. How does anyone get an entry level job?

Took half a day off work for that interview, and spent the morning extra stressed because southeast Michigan was experiencing a bunch of floods that doubled the time it took to get to work.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 16:16 on May 8, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I couldn't find my glasses this morning, so I'm wearing my prescription sunglasses to work. I hate this.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
loving 4AM devil birds outside my bedroom window for the rest of the summer.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
gently caress job hunting. Entry level jobs are a lie.

Crashed after dinner, woke up at about 2 and decided to fill out a job application I’ve been putting off. The application is a single page. There is a field at the top to enter an email address and a password to make a profile, but no prompt anywhere I found to login to an existing account. I finally get done, but submitting the application returns an error message that there’s already a previous account with my name that I made last year. Again, at no point before this was there any prompt or link for returning applicants to log in. I find one by clicking the reset password link the error message provides me. The data from my application isn’t saved.

While being distracted, I decide to purchase a thing online. I get an “unexpected error has occurred” message when I try to check out. I hosed up my sleeping patterns for nothing.

Tomorrow I’m going to an IT networking even after work where I’m going to hopefully meet recruiters who will never call me back.

Edit: On my iPad. I went back to the site to see if I was just an idiot, and it seems they direct you to log in on the mobile site but not the desktop one.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 10:00 on Jun 4, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Working out has many benefits. But to my dawning horror I realize staring a workout plan will never do the one thing I wanted most out of it: Getting the person who has been bugging me to shut up about my exercise habits.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have an incredibly awful driver’s license photo. Luckily, it’s about to expire so I can get a new one. I live in Michigan so I just got mailed forms so I can have it done by mail, but making use of this convenient option means I won’t get a new photo.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I had a phone interview for a kind of entry level IT job on Monday and they said I'd know more about whether I'm moving on to the next steps by today. It's 3PM and I still haven't heard from them :smithicide:

It's one of those jobs where they show you the ropes of stuff and even hire students working on undergrad degrees. On one hand I don't have everything they said was a plus on the job page, but on the other I graduated from a program and got a certification on my own. But it's been three years since I got the associate's degree and 1 1/2 years since I got the certification and it feels like I'm becoming less qualified every day.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Jun 26, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Landlines and robocalls. We still have a land line in our house. We also have an answering machine, so we still get to hear a message or screaming dail tone if we don't pick up. And then, if we have an unheard message, It beeps every few seconds until we listen to it. I wonder how my dearly departed cats felt about it.

I've complained about my job search, and another fun aspect is when I get a call on my cell phone from a number that's probably in the area of a job I've applied to, and get a robocall.

A while back, our home phone got its own number spoofed back at it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There's a certain especially annoying task at my job that gets dumped on me because I'm the one who is used to doing it. I get an insincere "sorry" every time.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Jul 24, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Two days in a row driving home I get stopped by a train that moves one direction very slowly, stops, slowly reverses, and repeats a few times.

And my dumb sunk cost fallacy-committing rear end is sitting here waiting rather than making a u-turn and taking a long way around.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There’s some upcoming Total War: Warhammer 2 DLC. All the races in it have the same number of lords now, so I’m curious what they’ll add. They’ve only announced that more info is coming. I wanna know what they are noooow!

Got an upgrade for my old iPhone for my birthday. No more headphone jack so I gotta have a big awkward dongle hanging from it if I want to listen to watch videos and keep it charged at work.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Mzuri posted:

Airpods. I bought mine halfway intending to return them after a day, but they are now an indespensible part of my media consumption.

Those seem so loseable though :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
We unloaded a trailer at my warehouse job today, which happens roughly once a month and is a lot more physically demanding than the rest of the job and takes about three hours. Kind of hot and stuffy.

Two people unexpectedly didn’t show up, and one of the office guys who could have helped just decided to wear sandals to work today. Yeah fucker, we see you.

Last Saturday I twinged my back just picking up crabapples in the backyard and it still kind of hurts. I wasn’t even lifting anything heavy; just getting down to the ground repeatedly. I’m 33 and feel like and old man.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 17:33 on Aug 8, 2019