Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Earlier today: "gently caress, my neck is annoying me, cuz it feels like I need to pop it."

Now: "gently caress, my neck is annoying me because I spent all try trying to pop it, managed to, and now it's sore."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This is the third time I've tried to transfer a rather large file from my computer to my phone. Twice now it's died out (the USB cord I'm using is beat to shreds so I'm sure that's the reason for the disconnection its claiming), and I'm afraid to do anything to touch anything until it's finished.

Update: Got down to ~5 minutes left and Windows suddenly thought the phone was disconnected. :(

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 05:36 on Mar 30, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

After 10 years of using it, Amazon is now charging me tax.

They are doing it because, for the past ten years, they've been relying on a "Well, our customers should've been paying the required taxes" loophole in order to make their prices look better than brick and mortar sellers.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

If it's an Android phone, use something like Airdroid or WiFi File Transfer and ditch that cord.

Yeah, I discovered Airdroid thanks to another thread and the transfer went through in less than five minutes. However, it's caused another FWP for me: I intended to watch the videos in bed last night, and now I've got all the time in the world to watch 'em.

Sure, I could just stream them from the website (Rifftrax shorts), but my wi-fi tends to not handle that very well in my bed.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My sunglasses make it harder to read my phone when I'm playing a location-based game that uses a dark-background-light-text theme, even at maximum brightness.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've had this strange sensation of slime on my front teeth for like a week, which has led to a annoying habit where I breathe in through my teeth and basically dry out the teeth. Rationally I know the 'slime' is just saliva and I should stop, but its really annoying.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I love ribs, but I hate the messiness of eating them, and how meat can get wedged between your teeth uncomfortably.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Portable phone chargers have two major aspects: amount the battery holds, and the dimensions/weight of the battery. One doesn't get bigger without the other getting bigger.

Is it too much to ask for a portable charger that can charge my phone's battery like 4 times on a charge without being the size of my phone and three times as thick/heavy? (the answer is, of course, no, which is why it's here.)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm craving milk and I've already had a decent amount, but my brain/mouth aren't sated. My stomach is, and I know if I drink more I'll feel gross.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The MP3 player I use/keep in my car, the Creative Zen X-Fi2, seems to be dying. I don't know if it's actually breaking, or the fact that my more modern car doesn't charge the thing when the car isn't on so I'm just dealing with a device that sometimes just does dead from lack of charge.

Why is this so annoying? First-worldy, spergy reasons. Out of all the MP3 players I've tried in my car, the Zen X-Fi2 is the only one that my car recognizes as a USB device instead of a MTP (media) device. I don't know why, but how my car's stereo treats the two things differently: USB devices may take a few minutes to scan, but afterwards the song's title comes up as soon as the song does. MTP devices don't scan, and there's a notable delay for song titles/info to come on.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
You know how when you're semi-strenuously hiking/exerting yourself to the point where you drink a lot of water but you don't have to pee, simply because your body needs the water?

I wish I had that 24/7. I like drinking a lot of water (zero cal, reduces hunger pangs, is refreshing), but hate how I have to pee so much. :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

There are too many movies I want to see.

I'm having the opposite issue: I tend to see movies when they come out (At the very least, the Tuesday after they come out since a theater I go to has $4 Tuesdays), so I've seen most of what I want to see.

This is compounded by the fact that I have a stack of two-free-tickets and buy-one-get-one-free coupons, but they don't work for opening weeks.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I went out and about I'm the 90-and-humid weather the last few days, so I'm simultaneously a) wanting to do more of it and b) too damned tired to do anything.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The AC is so good at this bar that I'm freezing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I keep leaving an idle game up when I'm away from the computer, so my Time Played list on Steam for the game is all askew.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought a lanyard with which to attach a small wireless speaker to. The lanyard is a bit big, making it hang a shade too low for my taste, but thanks to the design of the thing, shortening it would make it a pain to take off.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have a stupid habit of pushing on my nose, and I've made the mistake of doing it without cutting my fingernails. This has led to a small scar-like mark where my thumbnail has cut into my nose that's just obvious enough to warrant everyone asking me about it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
We so rarely use the TV here that when either of us try it (there's two remotes), we wind up pressing the wrong button on one of them, causing the dreaded TV Not Working Event.

The worst thing about this is that I go through this pretty much once a year: can't figure out the tv, get it working, use one of the remotes wrong and forget the whole affair for a while.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A friend of mine got her wisdom teeth taken out and was having trouble finding stuff she could eat and keep down. I recommended Ensure from my own experiences.

Now I'm randomly craving Ensure.

edit: Oh and there's a get-some-money-from-trading-in-tablets thing going on Frys, and I might trade in my tablet and use that to buy a better one. I can't decide if I want to do it because I don't use my tablet much. Do I not use my tablet because I don't need it, or do I not use my tablet because my newer phone wound up being faster than my tablet?

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Sep 22, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
As spergy as it is, I had it all planned out: I'd load a game (on my Wi-Fi only tablet) that tries to make you pay money to speed It up in the morning, set everything gameplay-wise to be done about an hour after I got off work, play the game at Location A before going to see a movie, and afterwards set up more things in the game to run overnight.

The plan would've worked perfectly had the Wi-Fi at Location A been actually, ya know, working. I shouldn't be upset since it's a stupid game that matters not, but I had planned things out so perfectly...

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
In one of the mobile games I play, they are doing a contest (who can harvest the most resources) that I hadn't expected to do well in (since I just started playing about a week ago), but I've surprisingly gotten pretty high, which made me pretty :haw:. But now more players are (presumably) playing, and I'm being pushed down the ranks.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I want to sperg out with this tablet game I'm playing (figure out which things are giving me the most resources in the least amount of time, that sort of thing) but I'm tired/lazy and am drawn to just staring at a screen and Netflixing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My neck is super sore. The only direction in which I have normal range of motion is looking left; every other axis is super limited. And no position doesn't hurt.

It's like I'm cosplaying as Keaton-era Batman.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My back hurts because I slouched at a computer all day the other day, instead of sitting properly.

As such, the muscles that deal with keeping one's torso upright are a bit overworked/tired/pulled.

This makes it really each to slouch even more. :suicide:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't decide what play-while-a-podcast-or-video-on-the-second-monitor game to play that'll last me a week until Fallout 4 comes out. Bonus FWP points for having a significant backlog of games that would be great things to play through if F4 wasn't coming out in a week.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My eyebrows are inexplicably itchy today. This has led to itching them a lot, and since I have delicate eyebrows, itching them has removed some eyebrow hairs in the process.

And what happens when you lose bunches of eyebrow hairs? more itching.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
No matter how close I trim my fingernails, my skin is so dry and flakey that it feels like every dead skin cell collects under them. Which looks nasty, and cleaning it out doesn't look too much better. And because my skin is so dry and flakey, cleaning it lasts a few hours before I'm Mister Gross Fingers again. :smith:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's 5:30am on Sunday as of this post, and I can't sleep because yesterday was a super-lazy Saturday for me. Said super-lazy Saturday consisted of sleeping in late, doing gently caress-all for the afternoon, and semi-accidentally napping in the evening while watching some movies.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The little rubber o-ring that holds my watch's excess strap broke off at some point, so now the rest of it dangles annoyingly.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't find my inhaler and I'm having a just-enough-to-notice asthma attack.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Had a sore throat this morning, so I twisted some things around at work so I literally didn't have to talk to anyone all day.

Still have a sore throat, now my voice is shot because it's all gunked up. :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Me and my girlfriend both come from families that really don't do anything unique on Christmas Eve, so today is a lazy day off for both of us. Lazy enough that she's completely crashed on the couch, its getting close to dinner time, and I'm hungry.

e: and looking at the hours, it looks like my idea of getting some Portillos is out of the question, since the one closest to me is closed now on account of it being C-Eve.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Dec 25, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This new podcast I'm listening to (This Was Rad) doesn't have all the episodes in my podcast app. So I load their page, and they are there, but they are so quiet that I have to up the volume up. Which makes playing anything else while doing it impossible.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The Internet is (kinda) down. I say kinda, because it'll be up for five minutes, down for two, up for 30, down for a minute, and up for 15.

Case in point, just thread three pages, stalled trying to make this post. It's more annoying than just not having the Internet.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought a hoodie the other day and it's slightly too tight around my neck and wrists. Otherwise it's fitted quite well (I'm used to bigger hoodies since I tend to wear them at home anyways) so I'm just gonna have to deal with it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Our couch is a shade too small for both me and my girlfriend, length wise, to lay down and use our respective tablets/laptops on at the same time. We rarely watch TV that the couch faces, and for the longest time my tablet was old enough to not be worth using, so it was wordlessly implied that the couch was hers to relax on. But now I do have a decent tablet, and the couch is surprisingly comfy to lay down on and putz with my tablet.

I fear I've reached max FWP with this one.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 07:09 on Feb 22, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've broken off the little plastic nub on my phone that covers my charging port. It didn't keep the port much cleaner than any other phone I had, but its still upsetting me a bit on my own stupidity.

Ironically, I broke it off putting on a new back plate that will let me charge the phone via a changing stand, meaning I would much more rarely have to open up that little plastic nub protecting my charging port.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My jaw hurts because there's two teeth in my bottom-right of my jaw that always gets ripped to poo poo when food gets stuck in there*, and ripped to poo poo to get it out. Looks like I'm gonna be eating everything on the left side for a while.

* Like, 90% of the time food gets near those teeth

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My left nipple itches like crazy. I didn't even know the nipple can itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have 14 days to figure out if my solely-for-my-car mp3 player is actually dying/failing/requiring-me-to-hit-the-little-reset-button-which-belies-the-point-of-stuffing-an-mp3-player-in-the-usb-port-and-forgetting-it-its-there, or just dying/failing/etc constantly because the thing is draining itself out because my 2012 car stops charging

The backstory behind this is a FWP of its own: my existing solely-for-my-car mp3 player connects as a USB device. Every song title immediately comes up, at the downside of my car's system needing to index all the music. I've grown accustomed to that; which is fine because nearly every other mp3 player I've tried connects through a different method (I want to say MTP), that does its file-reading on a step-by-step basis. That means for 10 seconds or so of every song, I have to wait for the Title to come up and that's not acceptable. I've finally found an older mp3 player that connects USB-style, leading to the above FWP.