Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Flipperwaldt posted:

Maybe I'm misreading this, but are you positive you need an mp3 player in that usb port and that just a usb drive won't work? Because what with the car's system indexing the files and all, it sounds like that system is what's playing the files as well.

I've never even considered using a USB stick, but I'm reasonably sure that it wouldn't work space-wise. The USB port is in the Middle Thing You Flip Open Whose Name I Can't Remember, and the space between the port and the bottom of the lid isn't big.

I really should try it, thanks for the suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just want to thank Flipperwaldt and Roro on the small USB stick suggestion, it worked perfectly! Bought a 16g less-than-an-inch-long flash drive with both USB and microusb prongs on it, and it works perfectly!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if it counts as a First World Problem, really, but I suffer from silent migranes, so I've got a stupid little dot in my field of vision like I stared at the sun for a second. It's already fading, like they always do, but it's still mildly annoying. I've gone to the doctor about it before, so it's not super life-threatening.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My girlfriend bought a big jar of orange juice with lots of pulp. That's the definition of it, "Grovestand / Lots of Pulp".

I really want to have some OJ, but I can't drink that poo poo. :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Helios Grime posted:

Since when does OJ come in jars? Or is this something like a bag of milk?

:confused: What else would you call em? Big plastic jars of orange juice, the kind you pick up at the store.

While I can't sleep, another FWP: I just got a notice that my phones up for an upgrade. This s5 is getting long in the tooth and I wouldn't mind upgrading, but I just bought a wireless charging dock for my phone and I'm in love with not having to fiddle with charging plugs at night.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
- Fashion is a first world problem, right? I just got back from shoes and pants shopping, and I realized that my new shoes match my old pants. Wouldnt be that a big deal for me, but my old pants are going in the garbage for getting too ratty to wear.

- I love ice cold water, but don't like ice being in my drink because it takes up space for water. I had a dream once where I invented a device where charging it made it colder (???) and when I woke up I was bummed that my dream made up something that I'd love to own. Stupid laws of physics.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I was sick most of yesterday, which took a lot out of me and I slept all day, off and on. This meant I couldn't sleep at all last night, so I'm exhausted.

To make matters worse, I really just want to go to sleep, but if I do, I'll be in the same up-all-night boat again tonight.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought a really nice pair of Bluetooth/Wireless headphones, but I cannot get them to work on my computer (which is the only purpose I have for buying them). Bought a separate BT USB dongle to do so, Windows (7) doesn't have a "bluetooth peripheral device driver", and every google search to try and find one either wants me to download software that won't let me install anything unless I pay 20bux, or pings every "this is not a trustworthy source" alarm I have.

E: yay, got drivers installed, but the Bluetooth window that I'm supposed to click "Listen To Music" on does nothing. I give up. First time I find solidly built on-ear wireless headphones in years, and I have to return them. This sucks :smith:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Apr 9, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Because I returned those awesome headphones I mentioned earlier, I had enough cash to buy a new Fitbit. I haven't used the old one I had for years because I kept breaking the belt clip for it and didn't want to do the same for the Fitbit itself.

The FWP comes from logging foods. Sure, if I go to McDonald's I can quickly log the Bad For Me food, but generic stuff? How do I log the pizza from my local theater? The smoothie from the gym? :negative:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this really counts as a first world problem, but I'm really annoyed at deceptive pricing schemes on poo poo.

I've kinda been considering getting a gym membership lately, since I miss having one and the last one I had was a bit too pricey for what I used it for. Planet Fitness is cheap, only 10 bucks a month. Great, right?

Sure, it's 10 bucks a month, but they don't tell you about the 40 bucks a year as well. Oh, and they only take checking accounts for everything, not a credit or debit card.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Monday_ posted:

They probably only take checking accounts because, as I've found first hand, by far the easiest way of getting out of a gym membership is to just cancel the card that they're charging.

Yeah, but that kinda stuff happens because everyone and their mother has heard a story of Gym X forgetting that someone cancelled a membership, extra fees for quitting, etc.

Related to my last post, my current FWP is that I can't decide what gym membership I want to settle on. There's a dirt cheap one right by my apartment with what little I need, but the tour of it just made the place look and feel kinda gross. There's one that's more expensive, but the place looks a lot more kept up, with machinery that looks better/cleaner.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Brightman posted:

I have too many cups.

This is beginning to be my FWP as well. A radio show I listen to does a lot of remotes, and part of the free swag you can pick up are glasses emblazoned with the radio show's title. Solidly made, so every time I go to one I grab one (or, sometimes, told to take one by the staff because they want less to drag back with them).

Problem is, they've been coming near me a lot lately, so it turns out I've got, maybe, half a dozen (plus or minus a few) of these, and I already have a decently stocked cup cabinet.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm worried that I didn't list enough time on the parking I bought for something tonight. I'm 70% sure that it'll be over well before I need to leave, but that 30% is screaming "What if it's still going?"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
- The plastic key fob that gets me into my new gym clanks against my other keys rather loudly. I think its cuz it's basically hollow inside (minus whatever tech, of course) that makes it resonate more, but it's going to take some getting used to.

- I really wanted to try said new gym's water-massage machine after my workout tonight (mostly out of curiosity) but someone was in it and didn't want to wait any longer than I did.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
After pitching the receipt for some underwear, I realized that only half of what I bought is actually the right size. Because what possible reason would I need to return underwear? It's underwear.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Helios Grime posted:

Weather is acting loving bonkers today switching between snowing(it's april goddamnit!) and sunshine in half hour intervals and it sucks.

In a similar vein, it's been ~85 all day (shorts weather) but every forecaster is promising that it'll become colder and rainy Really Soon Now (pants weather) and I'm dreading having to be out and about if/when that happens.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I want to play the latest Starcraft 2 expansion, which I just bought this morning. Unfortunately, I'm a strange combo of a) had a few beers and b) the developers removing the slower speed settings that I know it wouldn't work out.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Kinda long, I apologize, but I didn't know where to post this. Mini-E/Ns are first world problems, right?

I've known a person for, maybe, three years. I use the term known liberally, because even though she's one of the nicest bartenders I've known and former long time coworker of my girlfriend, she's a supremely private person. I've respected that, because I've been told by many others that she's just that kind of person. The closest I've known about her is when she had me email her something, like, four years ago.

Well, because Google either saves every email address you've ever sent mail to, or I just never delete them, I've had her email stored away in Gmail. So when she set up an Instagram account, I get a little popup telling me that, hey, she's on the app! This includes full name, which leads to Facebook, you name it. I ain't doing poo poo with it and I'll likely forget all about it soon, but gently caress. If it was anyone else, I'd have no qualms about telling her that she just blasted her full name to anyone with her email. But she's her, the one whom her coworkers didn't know her last name for a year because "you couldn't pronounce it, just say XXXXXXX". I doubt she'd react well to "I've had your email on file for years, totally on accident".

Tldr: my current FWP is that thanks to the magic of Internet connectivity, I literally stumbled onto the private information of the platonic ideal of a Private Person and I feel bad as gently caress about it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm paradoxically full (since I've eaten a lot today, and most of it not very healthy) and hungry (since I'm used to late-night eating) and I really want to snarf down a turkey-and-provolone-on-rye sandwich right now.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Green olives are a snack, not a pizza topping. :colbert:

I was just burning off time at a dollar store before a movie, and it took me too long to decide to not randomly pick up a bunch of novelty oversized foam six-sided dice. I have no need of them. gently caress, I doubt I have room for them.

I still want them.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't get my new Deadpool Blu Ray to play on my PC, it just sits there, making spinning noises, and not loading. Popped in another BR, Ant-Man , and it played fine. Deadpool? Nope. Restarted, still nothing.

Why is Blu-Ray on PC such a landmine of shittiness? :negative:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I've literally never gotten a Blu-Ray to play, but I've always been able to rip copies with MakeMKV. So my BlueRay collection all gets ripped to hard drive, and now I'm low on disk space.

e: Huh, it's free during it being a beta. That's cool, I guess.

I could just :files: it, but I own the drat thing and half the reason of getting a physical copy is the goddamned extra content.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm having strong, almost painful hiccups.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My girlfriend and I were randomly treated to a third party being the designated driver for once, so we both got to get our drink on without worry.

Like people on diets who use a cheat day to gorge, we both drank enough that we're already in the "this is bordering on not being fun" stage, so we've downed our water and pain meds and going to sleep like old people . And we're not old people.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Due to my own stupidity, I had two tickets to a play. Loved it the first time, so instead of pawning the second ticket off on someone else, I just saw it again. No harm no foul; as a movie-goer I generally see movies twice if I liked 'em a lot.

I liked the play enough that part of me wants to see it again. But play tickets (plus parking) are a lot more expensive than movie tickets. :negative:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can find absolutely no working way to get large files from my computer to my tablet anymore. Air Droid used to work, but between the last time I used it and now it doesn't let me save on my SD card like I used to. Can't get Dropbox to save a file off it to my tablet (anywhere, much less to a specific location). Even opening the folders in Explorer on my PC spits out errors.

I even get Failed To Move errors trying to move a file from my tablets internal storage to my SD card using my tablets My Files app. :wtc:

E: Well, I think I might've resolved the issue by unmounting and remounting the card, but now I'm too wired with annoyance-based adrenaline to actually sleep.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 10:43 on May 21, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Using the name of an actress from a play whose performance was great, I did a bit of googling to find that she was in some stuff previously that would've totally been in my wheelhouse, had I had a toe into the theater scene these last few years.

It's less of a first world problem and more of a first world regret.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

I totally feel you on that one.

It's not actively terrible, but it's not very good. It hovers between worth a day rental in my mind and not worth it, in my mind.

My current FWP is that it's 85+ degrees out, so I wore a light breathable workout t-shirt this morning. Now I'm at an AC'd bar and coincidentally sat under the AC vent. I'm cold.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have tickets to something tonight and I'm not sure if I have the mental energy to go. My social calender this week has been a bit more populated than normal, and I kinda just want to stay in. I know I'll enjoy it if I go, it's just the decision to not be :effort: about it.

E: Unrelated, this thread is perversely :unsmith: for me. It's kinda feel-good that these are the problems I have in life, compared to others I know or read.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 20:11 on May 26, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My desire to learn how to play piano has resurfaced again, and the same things that lead me to not bother still exist. I still don't really have the room, prices on digital pianos are rather high (I know keyboards are a lot cheaper, but the whole not-all-the-keys thing is worrysome), I don't really know how much I'd actually do it (and that my interest mostly comes from wanting to play older video game themes or knowing how to properly air-piano songs I hear), and the fact that to this day don't have the finger abilities to not typo all the time on a goddamned computer.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My phone's lovely performance has gone from "sigh as something takes a bit longer" to "guess how long it takes from pressing the Task Manager button to the task list showing up*" to its current state, "I wish I could have a full-on temper tantrum over this phone right now because I just restarted it, why is it freezing?"

* Current record: 20 seconds

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My beard has reached the "you haven't trimmed this unruly patchy poo poo, so it's going to itch and grow into the corners of your mouth as punishment" phase.

Like, five minutes ago it was fine.

late edit: The Katering Show is releasing a DVD of their two seasons of work. That's awesome! Unfortunately, they don't take Discover, so its right out for me. :negative:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Jun 2, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
On my new phone, I pulled down the newest version of TouchTunes because I seemingly have a fetish for wasting money at bars playing music.
It's totally different looking and is totally usable, but man.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My 2012 car is new enough to have Bluetooth, but old enough that it's only Bluetooth functionality is phone-call based. So I had to buy a small suction-cup Bluetooth speaker for my car if I want to listen to podcasts, as my phone's speaker isn't powerful enough to listen to while driving with the wind or AC making noise.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Does your car not have an aux jack?

Yeah, it does, but I've already got a charging cord from the cig port to the on-the-glass phone-holder, I don't want another cord (or is it chord?) from the aux port to my phone. Especially since the port is under a lid of the middle-part-thing and I prefer for that to be closed. Especiallyx2 when Aux sound sucks.

E: another FWP is that I'm intensely thirsty. I'm sure I'm somewhat dehydrated because I've drank a lot of water today and have barely peed.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've been spoiled by my old phone's (S5) wireless charging system, compared to my new (S7) phone's.

My old one would had a magnetic phone back that would grip a magnetic base. The grip was strong enough that I could listen to music via wired headphones and not have to worry.

The S7 system? You just lay it there, hope it doesn't fall off, and the aux hole is on the bottom of the phone so using wired headphones prevents a rather secure connection. Oh, and the base has its own bright light that activates.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 08:45 on Jun 10, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I have off today, so I took advantage of it to go to a bar and watch my favorite radio guys live.

My stool is hurting my rear end after 2 hours of sitting here.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My new phone's (S7) screen, it turns out, is very subtlety curved. So the (not subtlety curved) screen protector floats a bit on the edges.

I can live with that, even if that's a little annoying, but it does make edge-touching a bit problematic, sometimes.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's so muggy that the atmospheric options are Hot And Muggy (natural) or Cold And Muggy (my apartment's legitimately good AC).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If getting older is a FWP, it's really annoying to get just old enough that you realize that the random Cute Ladies Wearing Cute Stuff you see randomly as you live your life are no longer in the age range where you can find them cute/attractive without feeling like a skeeze. Nothing illegal, mind you, just not wanting to be That Guy.

It's that quote Matt McConaughey says from a movie I've never seen: "I get older and they stay the same age". Except that I'm not enjoying it.

Late Edit: Another FWP I'm having is that thanks to having some time off of work, I've been able to sleep in until later than normal, stay up later, etc. However, my body took to the change so well that now that I have to go back on a normal person schedule, it means I basically need to be unable to sleep all night so I'll be tired this morning so I'm exhausted tomorow night.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 10:11 on Jun 15, 2016