Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I can feel my teeth getting kind of sore so I'd like to go see a dentist but first I'd need to go out of my way to renew my medicare since I moved to a new province and it sounds like an enormous pain in the rear end so I keep putting it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My internet at home has been going out once a day for an hour or two at a time. Sometimes it's while I'm at work so I never notice it. Sometimes it's while I'm home but it's not completely terrible because I have other things I could be doing.

but the fact that it's going down at all is driving me crazy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I made a good lunch for work and now I'm going to eat it all before noon because I can't stop myself.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

There's two buses I can catch to take me to work in the morning. There's one at 8:26 which for some reason some times just doesn't show up at all. There's another at 8:39 which just barely gets me to work on time.

Both buses cover the same route and both make a stop at a subway station where the bus quickly fills up. If I'm riding the 8:39, the driver of that route spends the next several minutes yelling at people to keep moving to the back of the bus to make room for more people even when we don't have any room to move. The driver of the 8:26, however, doesn't say a word and it's hilarious how bad people are at making room. The front of the bus is jam packed with people standing shoulder to shoulder with the back of the bus having so much room I could stretch my legs out.

It bothers me how annoying the driver yelling at us can be but I recognize it as a necessary evil as it bothers me even more how dumb people are.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

tax chat:

I was waiting on a T4 to be mailed to me from a job I held in a different province. In the meanwhile, I started doing my tax return on the T4 I did have. After putting everything in, my return was going to be... $1700! Wow!!

Yesterday I got my other T4 and slapped those numbers in. I guess I hit a breakpoint or something because I watched my return go from $1700 to less than $300. :(

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm having a hard time getting comfortable in bed.

I'm starting to enjoy a game I originally thought was poo poo so now I have to admit I was wrong.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I was basically in charge of most of the things at work today for the first time. I did okay but not great and now I'm laying in bed thinking how people are gonna tell me where things went wrong today when I go into work tomorrow.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My cat woke me up early this morning when I was trying to sleep as much as I could after working an extra 7 hours last night thanks to spontaneous urgent overtime. My bus came early today so I got to watch it drive away as I was still walking to the bus stop. Today I found out I was not chosen for the work project I very badly wanted to be on.

The internet on this computer is inSanELY SLOW AND CHROME IS LOCKING UP FREQUENTLY AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

At the moment I just really want a weekend with no overtime. :(

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I took a nap this evening and felt like garbage so I took that as a sign to call it an early night. Got up, got ready for bed, and now I've been laying in bed for hours unable to fall asleep.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm in between games at the moment and can't decide what I want to play.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I might have had a big reveal in a video game I'm playing spoiled to me thanks to YouTube's incredible amazing "related videos" function. Like, not even the sidebar stuff, but the stuff where you go to the main YouTube page and it's all "Hey, we saw you watched [early game cutscene]. Check out [much later cutscene]!!" :sigh:

gently caress off youtube

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm hungry and didn't bring a lunch to work. The only place nearby is a cafe with rip off prices. I'm willing to suck it up and go for it but because it's the only place nearby for a big building full of offices there's going to be a line.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I still don't really understand what time I'll be able to start downloading The Phantom Pain

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm flying home for like 3-4 days for the holidays and I'm worried about my cat. This isn't the longest period of time I've left her to her own devices and I did arrange for a friend to poke in a couple times to make sure she ain't dead... but my cat is the worst and doesn't trust anyone but me and she probably won't eat right while I'm gone. :negative:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

UPS charged me $100 in "import fees" for the privilege of accepting a three pound box of Christmas gifts from my wife. If I don't get a reply to my email in a few days I get to have fun arguing over the phone with them how bullshit this is.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm sleeping on my parents' pull out couch and it's uncomfortable

I still haven't heard back from UPS

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

A couple years ago my parents got me a nice pair of winter gloves for Christmas. They were great! Super warm. I worked at Walmart at the time and I would spend large swaths of time organizing poo poo in their freezers so I started wearing the gloves while I worked because why not? Get some use out of them. I always left my gloves in the same employee area whenever I wasn't using them. One day they went missing. I can only guess they got stolen because lord knows it'd be hard for me to misplace them where I left them. Never told my parents because whatever. Went gloveless for a couple years.

This year I flew home for Christmas. To my surprise they probably forgot they ever got me those gloves in the first place because they got me another pair! Hell yeah!

I just flew home today and realized I forgot them on the loving plane and I'm beyond upset with myself. :negative:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I just spent a year and a half and several thousand dollars going through visa applications so I can move to the US and live with my wife.

My interview is on Monday. :smith:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

sometimes i get heart palpitations and it sucks rear end, like i’ve been to the doctor and it’s nothing serious just wildly uncomfortable

i just really don’t like to gently caress around when it comes to heart problems. you only get one and you kinda need it, so i take that poo poo pretty seriously. it’s not painful but when i get palpitations i can’t really focus on anything else other than “ok, is my pulse alright, can i breathe fine, am i dizzy right now, do i feel weak or tired, etc.”

anyway i’ve had them on and off all day so i didn’t feel very productive at work

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't drink red bull or coffee but i did have a diet coke earlier in the day which is fairly regular for me, but my palpitations are pretty irregular. this is only the second time it's ever really happened to me (last time was several months ago) but both last time and this time it has occurred over a few days. first sign of this palp sesh was last night as i was laying in bed

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i bought new shoes the same size of every other shoe i bought in the past 15 years but these ones seem to be a bit longer than anything i'm used to so i keep scuffing my toes on the ground as i walk

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i have a well paying job with flexible hours and nice little perks and benefits but the actual work part is frequently aimless and i’m often bored out of my mind

might not accept another contract extension but then i’d have to job hunt again and bleughhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bunch of contractors (including me) are being let go from my current place of employment all around the same time. so now we all get to hunt for work t the same time around the holidays, which isn't nerve wracking at all, since we'll all likely be applying for the same jobs

i could have maybe sent out a few applications by now to beat the rush since i've known this would happen for a couple weeks but call it seasonal depression or something because i did not have the drive or energy to do it. instead just spent a few days updating my resume and considering applying for different positions in my field

i am just

exhausted