Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I ordered a thing off eBay (for a third of the price of buying it in a shop) because I'm too lazy and too much of a shut-in to go to the store and buy the same product and now I have to wait 2-3 days for it to arrive even though it is in no way time-sensitive or terribly important :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

DrBouvenstein posted:

Same here.

She bought a couple packs while we were on vacation a couple weeks because,
'It's a vacation! I should be able to do what I want!'

And then of course she had to finish the second pack she bought after we got home because otherwise it's a waste of money (:rolleyes:). And since then she's bought another pack because she was out drinking with a friend, and she smokes, so of course she had to buy a pack to smoke with her, and then of course finish that pack throughout the week.

And no, OBVIOUSLY, she couldn't just not smoke, because then she'd be all alone in the bar while her friend smoked outside... And no, she couldn't just bum a few cigs because she smokes a different brand (:rolleyes::rolleyes:).

Urgh, my wife does the same bullshit song and dance routine. She's always been a heavy smoker but every six months or so she decides to quit cold turkey which lasts for about two days before the nicotine cravings kick her rear end so she scales back to deciding to 'cut down' on her smoking. So she says she'll smoke X cigarettes a day until the pack runs out but then on the fourth or fifth day there's only Y smokes left in the pack so she's gotta buy a new pack to bring the number back up to X which then means she's compelled to smoke the rest of the second pack. Or she has a 'bad day' and is 'stressed' which means she needs to smoke half a pack or some other dumb, lovely reason why she can't quit and it's like, goddamn, I don't like that you're smoking yourself to death but just loving own it, admit you're a filthy addict and smoke as many damned cigarettes as you want instead of this dumb thing of pretending to try and quit and pretending to care about your health. gently caress.

Current FWP: decided to try and take control of my credit card debt by getting a loan for the amount I owe on my card so I can pay off the balance without the interest eating half my repayments and only got approved for a loan less than 20% of what I owe on my card
:negative:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
My wife posted a grumpy-faced selfie on instagram and I left a comment on it saying how excited she looked to be at work and one of her crazy friends replied to my comment by telling me to gently caress off. I know she's just trying to bait me into a pointless flame war because apparently that's how she enjoys spending her time but what the hell, man? I'm too old to deal with this poo poo.

e - also I need to staple a ton of invoices at work today but every time I squeeze the stapler my finger hurts so I have to use the flat of my hand to press down on the stapler and it's really awkward and annoying and just ugh, I can't even right now.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I have a date tonight and I have a goddamn pimple on my face like I'm a teenager. I haven't had pimples in ten years, why do I get one today?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Inzombiac posted:

Last night was our anniversary and the clams in my pasta were delicious but one of them was weirdly salty.

:rip:

Current FWP: I went out last night on a really fun date but today I am tired and would prefer to be at home having a nap than at work :(

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
My new smartphone is so small and light that I can't feel it when it's in my pocket and I keep compulsively checking to make sure it's still there. Also, the autocorrect / swipe typing is not as good as on my old phone :(

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I'm kind of hungry but it's, like, an hour too early to start cooking dinner and my dog is asleep on my chest so if I get up I'll disturb him and then he'll want to play so I won't be able to cook anyway. Uuuggghhh, why is my life so hard.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
It's Friday night, I've had a few drinks and I've decided that I want to watch some wrestling so I have to go to the WWE website and reactivate my Network subscription, then I turn on my PS3 but I can't open the WWE app until I do a system update which means I need to reconfigure my wireless network settings. But my router was slightly out of range so I had to physically move it closer to the PlayStation. Then after the system update installed I had to change my PSN password and now the goddamn WWE app is updating.

I just wanted to watch Wrestlemania while I had a buzz going :negative:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

bradzilla posted:

Websites are being designed for phones instead of PCs nowadays, and that sucks because most mobile site designs look really bad on a big screen.

Yet restaurants still insist on having their menus in pdf format on their websites :argh:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

mamelon posted:

This chianti isn't as dry as I would like.

But how are the fava beans?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I'm spending Christmas day at home by myself and it's amazing. I walked the dog, made summer rolls for lunch, had a nap. Now I kind of want more summer rolls for dinner but I can't really be bothered making them and I'm not sure if I have enough stuff leftover to make it worthwhile anyway :saddowns:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

thats basically it.

also because of some marketing campaign in the 80's KFC is like a traditional christmas dinner in japan or china. cant remember which but china is funnier imo

It's Japan.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Choco1980 posted:

I put too much water in my instant oatmeal this morning, now I have basically apple cinnamon porridge to eat.

:psyduck: Aren't oatmeal and porridge the same thing?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Crow Jane posted:

My bf is 6'2, maybe 165 lbs, snacks like there's no tomorrow and never gains weight. I'm insanely jealous, but like you, kinda grossed out. Watching him get the munchies when we smoke is like watching a nature documentary about some creature that'll die if it stops eating for more than sixty seconds.

My ex was like that. She'd eat, like, two thousand calories in a meal then pass out on the couch and nap for an hour or so, wake up and eat another pile of junk then fall back asleep. She would often not remember having had a mid-nap meal :psyduck:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Thin Privilege posted:

I accidentally clicked on someone's profile name instead of a thread name and got a GIANT GOATSE

A GIANT GOATSE is a pretty pro username, imo.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Lucrece posted:

I'll be moving house at the end of May into a freshly built house with everything that I picked out for it (including a massive bath with jets) and I can't wait to live there. It'll even save me over $1000 a month. But gently caress if I don't hate moving with a passion! It's only 6km away from where I'm living now, so not far enough away to justify hiring movers.

Hire movers. If you don't you will hate yourself and it will be way more work than you initially think it's going to be.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
If she was that private she wouldn't use her real name on social media :shrug:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

outerpeace posted:

Shut up. I refuse to believe this.

(I believe it :()

The idea is that if they use coffee pods there will always be consistency with the quality / presentation of the coffee without having to have a barista on staff at all times or without having to train their waiters or kitchen staff to reliably operate an espresso machine. They take a slight reduction in quality in order to have an overall better experience for the customer.

edit - further reading

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
It seems like everyone in the world is losing their minds about this new pokemon game and I don't really care about it so I feel like I'm being left out and worry that I look like a jerk to my friends by not getting in on the craze but I just am not interested :geno:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Cowslips Warren posted:

My new phone case does not have a glass cover for the screen. The gently caress is the point, case!

Your phone screen will not shatter unless you hurl it bodily onto a hard floor. Don't stress, embrace the future, enjoy your new phone. In the unlikely event that your phone screen becomes cracked you can get it fixed for a small fee. Everything will be alright.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Inzombiac posted:

Spencer Crittenden.

Is this guy for real or is this some sort of Weird Twitter irony that I'm not getting?

http://twitter.com/Thesixler/status/763541163559096321

http://twitter.com/Thesixler/status/763397402883657728

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Tiggum posted:

I've had the same mobile phone plan for years. It only includes calls and texts, but it's ridiculously cheap. I'd never get rid of it, but it's being discontinued, so now I have to look at mobile phone plans and I'll probably end up paying more and not even using the extra features (internet, MMS, whatever). And worse than the extra cost is the having to research what's available, figure out what the best option is, and deal with phone companies. And I'm assuming probably change my phone number too, if the company I'm with now isn't the one I end up choosing.

Go with Amaysim. They're stupid cheap and you can keep your current number.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
There's an arts festival going on in my city and I have an artist pass that allows me to go and see shows without paying which is great but my fwp is that every show I go to I have to show them my pass and awkwardly apologize for not having an actual paid-for ticket and it's super exhausting because I'm an anxious, introverted goon :saddowns:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Crow Jane posted:

My newish desk mate at work eats multiple small meals/snacks (usually just fruit or hummus or something) throughout the day rather than having a big meal at lunch, and seeing her do so always makes me way hungrier than I would normally be at that time of day

I do that :ohdear: Being at work makes me so much hungrier than I am when I'm not at work and I don't know why but the best way I've found to combat it is to eat little snack things like fruit or nuts every two hours instead of just having lunch in the middle of the day. When I'm at home I can quite happily have breakfast then not eat until late afternoon, it's weird.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I wanted to buy some DVDs that I don't really need and would probably never watch but the website's check-out system didn't work so I couldn't buy them :(

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I have Indian neighbors that pretty regularly cook dinners that smell absolutely goddamned fantastic but I'm too much of a reclusive programmer type to actually ask about what it is and how they make it. There's a store that specializes in Indian food not far away but it isn't near anything else I ever have to go to so I'd be going out of my way. I could probably go there to ask about Indian food but I also get the feeling that it's going to be full of stuff I'm allergic to. Another first world problem is that there's like a bajillion Thai restaurants here and what little Thai food I've tried was so, so good but my allergies caused problems.

I think I'm the only white guy (well, white-ish) on the floor and I worry that my neighbors think I'm a racist because I'm not in the habit of being outgoing and neighborly. I'm just extremely not social.

That is such a first world problem. I love Asian food but there's just so drat much seafood in it.

I know that I probably should talk to other humans more often but I just plain don't want to. I barely even talk to my coworkers.

Luckily for you there were recently some very good and informative posts in the cooking forum about how to make restaurant-quality Indian food!

http://goonswithspoons.com/Tikka_chilli_balti

http://goonswithspoons.com/Saag_aloo

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
It's 8:15 on a Friday night and my neighbour is mowing his lawn. Why is he doing this? It's practically dark outside and it's been raining all evening. I can't imagine a scenario where he couldn't have waited till tomorrow morning.

I'm trying to post some videos to instagram and they're taking forever and I don't know if it's my internet connection or instagram itself causing the slow down.

My friend and I are having a big combined birthday party next weekend and I really don't feel like having a crazy bender but I don't want to be the buzzkill sober guy that stops everyone else from having fun.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Tiggum posted:

There is a middle ground between "no drinks" and "all the drinks".

It's more drugs than drinks. My birthday tends to be the one weekend a year I let loose but I'm really not feeling it this year. Maybe I'll have changed my mind by next weekend though.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I have to go to, like, four different stores tomorrow to get Christmas presents for people and each store is in a different suburb so I'm going to spend all day driving around when I could be sitting on the couch playing on my phone. Ugh, life is pain.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I woke up this morning and my ribs are so goddamned sore; it hurts to breathe or move. Did I pull a muscle while I was sleeping? Is this what getting old is like? I just hope the pain goes away so I don't have to cancel my NYE plans.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Thin Privilege posted:

I loathe gas stations that have those BLARINGLY LOUD set of commercials on a video above the pump that play when your'e pumping your car.

I remember being in a men's room once (I think at an airport?) that had video screens in the hand dryers so every time someone dried their hands an ad would play but you couldn't hear it over the noise of the hand dryer so it just became this insane cacophony of white noise. I'd love to know which marketing genius came up with that idea.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I bought 'natural' peanuts and they're kind of bland and bad but now I have to eat the whole bag before I can justify buying a bag of salted peanuts.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

MariusLecter posted:

Quick question, do you have salt?

Yes but these are also raw rather than roasted so they taste very earthy. I've already mixed them into my trail mix so I'll just suffer through them for the next few weeks.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
My friend's neighbour has a husky puppy and it's so goddamned cute and fluffy and playful but I only got to play with it for, like, five minutes when I'd be quite happy to play with it all day :(

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

MisterBibs posted:

I take a lot of notes at my computer; mostly stuff I need to remember for a while and I have the memory of a gnat. As such, my desk is riddled with random scraps of paper. It looks pretty disgusting, frankly, and requires me to clean it up a lot.

This would be solved if I spent way too much money on something like a Wacom Bamboo Slate, which somehow takes what I'd write down on a paper and saves it as images that I can pull from it onto a phone. Which would be really awesome, but gently caress, poo poo like this is expensive and doesn't really seem suited to what I need.

Or, I could just buy a notepad or something, keep it at my desk, but I'm rather convinced that it won't solve the issue. It's still the case of using paper to write down things, which will lead to mess.

TLDR I just want something that's basically an infinite amount of pages that I can take notes on, save them, and bring them back from a dedicated ~thing~ that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Have you tried Google Keep? You can access it through a web browser or the app on your phone. I use it constantly to take notes and it's awesome.

My fwp: I had a really tasty and healthy dinner but I'm still hungry :(

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I wanted to listen to an album on Youtube while I was getting ready this morning but it had a loving ad after every song and my phone doesn't have adblock.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Poldarn posted:

Regular belt loop is too loose, going one smaller is too tight.

Oh god, this is my life right now. How can one inch between belt notches make such a difference? On one notch I can take my jeans off with the belt still done up but one notch tighter is uncomfortably snug. Related problem: I'm in the process of losing a bunch of weight so all my clothes are cartoonishly big on me but I don't want to buy new clothes until I lose a few more pounds so I just look like I don't know how to dress myself.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

BuddyChrist posted:

We hired some guys to cut back two trees on our property. The estimator didn't take any notes but quoted us a price. When the two guys arrived to do the work they couldn't do the first tree because one of the guys was allergic to cedar and it was next to a cedar (this is western Washington how the gently caress do you survive if you're allergic to cedar?). They couldn't do the second tree because they didn't bring a bucket truck that goes high enough because the other one is in the shop. WTF.

Kill all tradesmen. I have never dealt with a tradie who wasn't an idiot hell-fucker of the highest order.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I had a crappy day yesterday and screamed a whole lot (not at anyone, just into a pillow like a normal person) to try to let some of the tension out so today I've lost my voice.

I want to buy some lipsticks that have been out of stock forever but probably can't really afford it this week but if I wait two weeks for my next pay cheque they'll probably be sold out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Kelp Me! posted:

Also I want to get fancy high-thread-count sheets but gently caress it's like $80+ for a Queen set, god drat

Let me give you some advice: buy the best quality bedding you can afford to replace. I buy my sheets from kmart and just get a new set (and a new pillow) every 4 months or so. It owns having new bedding on a regular basis and I'm only spending $30 or so each time.

E: the one time I bought super fancy sheets they got ruined by a loving idiot tradesman who managed to get bleach all over them while he was repainting my bedroom so I've given up the idea of spending hundreds of dollars on a single set of sheets.