Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

As I try to pin down whatever food I am clearly intolerant towards I am coming to the dooming realization it is quite possibly celiac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

The forums have taught me what horrible places Goodwill and the salvation army are. I mean, a basic Google search would have done the same thing, but I shudder to think at how much stuff I donated to both of those places in years past. With the Christmas season coming up, I usually donate toys to a few children's organizations, and I definitely need to look into those to make sure ones like the Toys for tots aren't garbage.

Toys for Tots is legit. Specifically the Marine Corps Reserve one, though. I don't know about any of the others who use the name.

ETA: Like one really cool thing they've been doing just...quietly without really tooting their own horn besides making it known on their website is distributing toys to children on participating reservations through their Native American Program, and actively supporting the Navajo Nation's literacy program.

AngryRobotsInc has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Oct 18, 2021

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

My previous job finally noticed two months later and took away my "employee" discount. Considering it's a grocery store, their gently caress up was helpful, and getting one over on them after the fuckery that lead to me quitting was fun.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Okay, so further testing of "What is making my digestive life miserable?" has somewhat pointed away from gluten (it is still a possibility), and instead towards soy, with symptoms pointing more towards an allergy rather than an intolerance. As a vegan who likes a veggie dog every now and then, either of these is a problem! Thankfully I got my 2022 schedule the other day (my schedule is the same every two week period), so I can easily make a doctor appointment (they had nothing open until February at the earliest) to try and figure out what the hell is going on before my clearly worsening symptoms lead to me snapping a femur or going all anaphylactic on the floor or some poo poo.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I cannot find any sort of mushrooms for sale locally to me besides agaricus bisporus' different states, shiitake, and oyster. If I want all the other types I want to eat, I am apparently just going to have to grow the drat things myself, and meeeeeeh.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Atticus_1354 posted:

Farmers markets? There's always some dude growing cool stuff in his closet.

That's where I can get the oyster mushrooms, but haven't found anything else at the market in my city, or the one is the neighboring county.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I was all excited at the first pick for the last get together with some previous coworkers of mine, before one of them moves several states away, because for once I'd be able to buy an actual meal (Just a Beyond burger, but hey, actual meal woo). But then they switched it to somewhere else, and oh boy, I get french fries and fruit.

I don't make a big deal of it, because I'm the one with the restriction, not them. But whhhhhhhy do so many places not even have one entree or appetizer that can at least be modified easily to be vegan. whinewhinebitchmoancomplain

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I'm keto and I honestly feel like being vegan is easier nowadays. Everyone at work only hangs out at bars and I can't have beer or any fried food with batter or pretty much anything served for parties.

It can be super easy now, yeah. But some places, reading the menu is still an exercise in frustration as you try to figure out how to cobble together a meal out of it.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I am pretty sure I have developed an allergy to my favorite chapstick. I'm already allergic to many artificial scents, and many deodorants, making not being a stinky ashy bastard enough of a challenge, and now it takes my chapstick?! Noooooo.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have discovered Dr. Pepper Dark Berry kind of tastes like Mountain Dew Pitch Black, which I'd been missing since it was discontinued, and I am gutted this one is also only a limited run.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I am sick as hell today and my partner is out on a job, so I had to pay the extra money to Door Dash some sprite, saltines, and medicine.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I ordered my partner some books for his birthday, which shipped in three separate shipments. One of them never showed. Replacement order is out, but the second book of the series was in that missing one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have dropped to 100 lbs, and finding pants and underwear small enough has become a struggle.