Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
None of my Skype friends respond to my messages :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

nexus6 posted:

When I go out with my friends they like to complain about their jobs or bosses or the job market in general but I enjoy my job so I can't join in the conversation.

Aww there's always something to bitch about. I enjoy my job but if it gets extremely busy (Tech Support Call Centre) then I still bitch about it when/if it quietens down because that is kinda annoying.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

My work phone is unlisted and private but sometimes (4 times a week) a confused old person or a really REALLY high person will call. One gets irate that I'm not the person they called and the other laughs a bunch thinking I'm his friend playing a prank.
A couple times I've gone along with it and learned that the old guy thinks his nurse is stealing from him and the high guy really just never has enough drugs.

It's the best part of my day.

I get it... You're the Nurse! You steal the old guy's meds and sell them to the high person! J'accuse!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Learning to downsize portions from family-sized to one or two people is the worst. Whenever I make too much of a dish I freeze some of it for later, pre-cooked frozen food can last for a while.

My very similar first world problem is that I bought a bunch of snacks last time I was at the grocery store and so now I am eating the snacks and I should not be.

I never noticed that your Mod Star is a little bird icon :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

That's not a first world problem.. that's just a problem. Sorry about that, I can't imagine how much that must have hurt.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I got caught in a bad hailstorm last Wednesday and I've had a cold for almost a loving week. I had to call in sick at work, which I hate, and now while most symptoms are gone, I'm still a little phlegmy which is just annoying. Also I've had two nosebleeds in the last two days as a result.

On the plus side, my throats cleared up and I'm loving STARVING so my appetite has properly returned. YAY! Luckily for my timing, I've already got my tea in the oven and will be eating in 12 minutes :3:

Also I have a new Umbrella and Tomorrow I'll be picking up Dark Souls 3, so silver linings.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

artsy fartsy posted:

You make your tea in the oven? :confused:

I'm English, I meant dinner. Evening meal.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I had a scare earlier where I forgot whether I'd paid my rent or not, due 3 days ago. I did, happily, but it was quite a worry for a few minutes.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I have to be very careful not to get sick in the next two months because I thought I was better partway through a cold but I was wrong, so returning to work for the day (which turned out to be a mistake) just split one sickness into "two in a small period of time", and a third one will get me a writeup. It'll be a first writeup in three years total but I'd like to avoid that. loving weird UK weather...

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I have downstairs neighbours who try to be quiet when getting intimate, and they do, but they must be quite vigorous because every now and then ( sometimes twice a day) I hear this through my floor:

*squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak**squeak*
No vocal stuff, they are quiet, but their bed certainly isn't :P

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I have a shitton of weeding to do because I never leave my apartment in my downtime to go into the garden, due to 12 hour work days leaving me too exhausted.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I ate too much ice cream and now I feel kinda gross. The container was almost empty, so I had to finish it off!

Is this you IRL?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OCeOU2eyI

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm finally getting around to continuing watching the *gdq youtube videos, but now I'm aware of Davis Aurini I realise just how much the bald dude resembles him (Back viewer's-right corner in Tenchu: Stealth Assassin) Due to the lack of facial hair it's almost like Davis has a good twin.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

I cried at a non-Pixar cartoon. One that airs on Cartoon Network. Not the pony one, thank god. loving pre-period hormones!

I want to find games like the old Sega ones, Road Rash and Rampage, for the Wii to play with my niece and nephew and the reviews are not that great.

What was the cartoon? :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

A loving men. Get past some of the more kid poo poo in the first season and it's pretty brutal for a child show.

I'm eyeing the iPhone 6 (not the plus or s or se or what the gently caress did the Kardashians name this poo poo) but let's see Google Fi. So it's like a new carrier?

Thought so. Love that show. Looking forward to the next two episodes.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm generally fine with lettuce. My problem comes with Rocket Lettuce. THat stuff is awful because unlike iceberg lettuce it has an actual flavour, but not one I like. And all store-bought salads for some reason have loving Rocket Lettuce.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

My upper back is killing me. I've been absent-mindedly sitting badly in my computer chair the last few days, and by the time I realized I was doing it, the pain was already screaming.

I've had a back problem for a while myself, due to walking badly for a long time. I just didn't realise my posture was as bad as it was, but in hindsight it was basically Donald Duck (Arse out, back arched weirdly, resulted in overdeveloped back muscles and underdelevoped front trunk muscles - to this day I cannot do a situp). I had to see a physiotherapist who basically taught me how to walk. (I had to consciously pull my butt in to under my chest, and drop my ribs to rest on my stomache.) Now I walk like that by default due to training myself to, but still need excersises in the evening to keep my trunk where it should be. I'm only 28.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

My birthday was last weekend, and to be honest, it was kind of crummy.

To most people, it probably sounded good...my fiance "surprised" me with a trip to NYC. I say "surprised" because it was about a month ago that she sprung it on me, but only to make sure I didn't make other plans, but she bought the tickets on her own and I had no idea she was planning a trip, so it was sort of a surprise.

Thing is, I'm not a birthday person. I don't care about them...another year, big whoop-dee-do. But she IS a big birthday person. I go all out for hers, because I know she likes that, and I get that she wants to do the same for me, but honestly I'd have preferred a weekend of staying home and playing video games and watching football.

And compound that with the fact that she's not great at planning things. She got the plane tickets and room...and that's it. She left everything else up to me because it was my birthday and we should do what I want, but I know the real reason is because she hates doing that stuff. She likes to decide where to go, and then have me plan everything else and use the excuse,
"Well it was my idea to go in the first place, so you can chose the details." And then if things aren't enjoyable, she can complain to me about them.

So I was in this awkward spot of trying to plan the right amount of things. Should I maximize our time there and pack in a lot of stuff, or just kind of go "free form" with it and do what suits us at the second? So I got stressed about it, did more of the latter because I was stressed and didn't want to keep thinking about it and putting in more effort, so in the end I feel like it was just a waste of time and money. And the one thing I really wanted to do (Museum of Natural History) we didn't do because we got there, it had a bit of a line (that was moving pretty fast, honestly) and she decided it was too many people, she was tired, sick of walking, etc... so we went back to our room and did nothing for 3 hours.

Reminds me of when me and my brother went to Whitby for a weekend. My brother had things he wanted to do (Namely the dracula experience) but when we saw the storefront it honestly looked somewhat crummy compared to when we were kids and he lost all enthusiasm for the only thing that he'd had planned. Luckily all the stuff I saw to do was kinda fun, we went on a short history tour/boat ride, visited a monastery ruins and had fun deciphering what some of it used to be before checking the placards to see if we were right (or how far off we were) and we saw a cool thing when walking along the cliff where all the grasses just ended for a stretch with a black, barren 100 square-foot pseudo-desert (calling it that because in that patch there was absolutely no sign of life, the grasses just abruptly stopped) of newly lain sediment. Basically potentially brand new land, (geologically speaking, likely built up over decades or centuries, we just never paid any attention to it before)

That was a fun weekend.

Edit: And yeah, I sympathise. I long stopped caring about mine too.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Nov 16, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

On a similar notes my supermarket used to do really good Chocolate ring donuts, and large sausage rolls at the deli. Neither have been in the delivery rotation for weeks, I miss them :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Scrooged is the best. Got around to watching it last year for the first time. I feel it also has the biggest impact with the Happy Scrooge moment at the ending, as Bill Murray isn't just happy, he's deliriously happy, his voice is cracking all over the place as he almost breaks down. It's the polar opposite of the "I'm as Mad as Hell" scene from Network

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Chinaman7000 posted:

I've gotten really anal about keeping my glasses clean, and am trying to do it the right way with sprays and nice cloths instead of just rubbing them between my butt cheeks, and all of this sucks poo poo and is annoying

I just use my t-shirt. There's middle ground you know.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

So would you say you have Cat Scratch Fever :v:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I managed to pull my calve muscles on both legs in my sleep last night. Walking hurts. Sitting or laying hurts.

Same. Didn't notice the ship time until I placed the order.

I hate when I wake up and end up tensing my calf muscles. I don't know why it does it but sometimes they just flex before I think about it, and it always makes them feel really stiff and cramped, it sucks.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

(Turns out it was the same poster above me.)

Hello :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Similarly I always get annoyed with my colleagues at the call centre I work at because often they'll go drinking on the proverbial "school night" and come in the next morning feeling like poo poo after 2 hours of sleep. Then they get the nerve to whine about it. I have no sympathy for that, I don't care if it is a saturday night, your working from 7:00am-7:00pm on the following sunday, have a loving modicum of responsibility. If you have monday and tuesday as your weekend then fine, go out on monday night instead. Treat the days you ACTUALLY HAVE OFF as a weekend, don't bitch at me for trying to chat because YOU made a stupid decision and are paying for it, and if you are going to do this at least minimise the damage. Pubs sell food in england, not the best food but better than most fast food, hell I go to pubs for the food more than anything else if I feel like an elaborate hot meal. Food absorbs the alcohol (or if I'm wrong about that it at least mitigates the effects), drink water along side it to rehydrate and mitigate the hangover. Do some damage control you idiot.

It also seems foolish that most people don't bother eating during a pub crawl, they wait until 1:00am when the only things open are Fat SAms or similar restaurants that sell greasy, salty garbage tier food that not only is sub-Macdonalds quality, it's also very salty. That'll just dehydrate you more and make the hangover worse. When I went out drinking once with work friends a few years ago, I actually got food at the first pub we went to, because I was hungry and it was about 7:00. The others actually mentioned regretting not doing the same when they saw my pie. :3:

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 09:28 on Feb 1, 2017

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

spudsbuckley posted:

I have new neighbors in the apartment next to me and i have a similar problem. The last couple that lived there may a well have been ghosts and i could never hear them moving around. The only time they ever made any real noise was when they had a blazing shouting argument one Saturday night.

The new folks that moved in? They must literally run everywhere between rooms in the apartment. I can hear every loving footstep because they seem to be absolutely pelting around the place all the time. I'm convinced they just jump up and down on the spot as well sometimes. It's not like this is happening late at night or too early in the morning but it is loving constant throughout the day.

Are they cats? Cats tend to dart all over the place randomly.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My domestic email keeps getting annoying amounts of obvious spam that keep showing up, no matter how many times I send it to the junk folder. It's obvious too as the email name will be "Google Support" but when you hover over it it comes up with the address rich.g@cholmleyfinancial.co.uk or some other such thing. (I made that address up)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Kelp Me! posted:

Oversleeping sucks and I hate the fact that getting too much sleep can leave me groggy and grumpy for the better part of the day

I'm pretty much the opposite - 14 months of 12 hour workdays (7am-7pm) have left me with little-to-no sleep cycle intact. I sleep for, like, 6-6.5 hours (10-4:30) then wake up on my own, without my alarm having to chime in, so on days off I tend to get up, get dressed and have my breakfast, hang up the washing to dry if the previous night had a load in (I always wash my clothes over night so I can sleep through the waiting part), go on the internet until I get tired again an hour later then just crawl into bed for a brief nap. In the last 2 days I've had 2 vivid dreams only during those naps, where for the last few months I've never had a dream that I actually remembered, maybe my brain is trying to catch up and is just REMing really hard all of a sudden. Also I'm rarely actually asleep for the aforementioned 6 hours as it often take me 30-45 minutes of lying there to actually fall asleep.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I may be losing my job soon due to compounding issues affecting my performance (Multiple, poorly scripted or under trained accounts on top of my main one, 12 hour days leaving me mentally, emotionally and physically drained by the end of them and having very few colleagues on the weekend, and of them I'm the most knowledgeable on one of the more annoying accounts so pressure there too on top of weekends being very busy partially because of only having 2 or 3 people in..). Luckily I'll be able to get a government credit after while looking for a new one (If it comes to it) that will at least pay the main bills, so I'll just need to be careful with smaller expenses like food and clothing, while applying for new jobs, however long it will take.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My least favourite warehousing company are DPD because I once worked for an IT Tech Support line that needed to call their warehouse to check delivery times of repaired computers and they had a bad habit of picking up the phone and dropping it again to stop it ringing instead of actually doing their loving job. Every time I see one of those trucks on the street I just get really annoyed now, and I haven't worked there in 6 years..

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My glasses need replacing so I just had to spend £25 on an eye test then £59 on the frames. Didn't expect to be spending that amount this month so that's really annoying. The right arm has just come off because the hinge is hosed. At least I get new glasses tomorrow.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I have, like, £130 less than I thought. I still have plenty unbudgeted for emergencies and things, but through some recent transfers I just realised a large chunk on money went somewhere a long time ago and I have no idea what happened. I can only assume I forgot some spending I did from the secondary account that I just noticed but it's fairly annoying.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

My bedsheets are starting to get smelly cause I haven't washed them in a while but I have to drive 40 minutes away to wash them. Sure I could use my buildings washing machines but everything comes out weird-smelling and I don't trust other people (who the gently caress washes tennis shoes and WHY?!)

I'm comfy in bed--memory foam ftw-- but I can't sleep cause I took a nap earlier so I'm just laying here in slightly smelly bedsheets.

E: to make it a TRULY FWP I have a super fancy down blanket and microfiber sheets. Anyone else would have the best sleep ever but no,not me.

I got this stuff at a huge discount, I don't actually have the money that this would actually cost (like $2,000--yeesh)

I'll need to buy new bedding because I only have one set of each King Size thing and I had a nosebleed in bed so they need washing at some point soon.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I wanna watch get around to watching the Reefer Madness musical, but the DVDs are mainly region 1 or really expensive and I can't find a good source online as it isn't on Netflix UK.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Happy news: I've ordered a DVD and just got news of when it arrives.

Sad News: It's scheduled 3 weeks from now due to shipping from Germany. Wanna Watch Reefer Madness the Musicaaaaaa~lllll~/whiny voice

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Jeff Sichoe posted:

I kissed my wife and she said I tasted like salami

Are you sure she was describing your face?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just bought some new clothes including some brand-new running shoes, although cheap ones for budget reasons. Turns out they had a factory defect and one of the insoles unglued itself after literally 20 minutes of walking. I'll need to wait until Wednesday to replace them.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Sent the bad dishwashers this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z32kVO2rtrk

Some other choice sketches about home-cleaning for bachelors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1cekoDCF74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAudtNKQl14

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Also, Lego: The Hobbit. The only Lego game I have ever been disappointed by, before or since.

Then Lego Movie game was unforgivably boring. They didn't just rip scenes from the movie like most licensed games, they redid them entirely but made them totally lifeless, like in the "Hello City" scene in the intro instead of like in the movie where you heard at least 3 blocks worth of voices yalling "HELLO CITY!" in unison along with Emett in the game it's just him then a delay then, like 2 other dudes, It feels so lifeless and dull. The lazy way of ripping scenes from the movie would have been better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The weather is getting warmer which likely means I'll start seeing spiders again soon. I hate house-spiders. They get everywhere and skeeve me out. A couple of years ago I had a couple of large leggy ones above my washing machine, and one day I saw them fighting. I think one may have been trying to inseminate the other, so I was totally on the female's side, I was like "If he succeeds girl, you have my full blessing to eat that sonovabitch because I don't want to have a pregnant spider in my apartment and it will have been all his fault." Although it is kind of weird that spiders are the one species that will not only not want to continue, but that the female will punish the male for succeeding. I suppose mantises have the whole eating the males head thing, and while earwigs also fight, it's just to see who will impregnate who. They both want to reproduce, but neither wants to be the "girl" that day.

BTW I know that that's not how it really works, I just think it's funnier if the females are like "Fine, you succeeded, well done. I'll worry about housing and clothing them... all you need to do is feed them :unsmigghh:" Especially because the males apparently don't use genitals, they can't get close enough even if they had them, so they just put it on their front legs and feebly try to poke it at the female's parts.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 09:59 on May 23, 2017