Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dr Christmas posted:

Last time I got it, the key to the car I was driving was attached to a small combination lock whose combination I didn’t know, and locks weren’t allowed in the courthouse. I got around this by standing there pathetically until they let me past.

Why? This is a weird story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I had a big paper cut on the side of my fingertip two days ago. Ever since then, the edge of my fingernail keeps poking into the tiny wound. It's miniscule but hurts quite a bit.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 13:20 on Jan 13, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Megillah Gorilla posted:

My microwave died today, so I've spent the last couple hours going over all the major brands and what they have to offer.

My first world problem is who decided that we no longer needed numbers on the front of the microwave?

(this is the worst offender, with just a stop, start and a useless slider on the front)

Yes, very sleek and stylish, but why did I need to open the goddamn door to program it?

Oh wait, there are still no numbers in here. You literally have to hold + or - until you get to the time you want. Hope you weren't aiming for half an hour, because 10 second increments is all you get.

Even the 'cheap' ones only give you this:

If I wanted 3:50 on my old microwave, it was three button presses. On these, it's eight.

We had numbers on the front for 50 years and now that's too much trouble?

I could sort of see this working, if that slider at the front was a sensitive touchscreen you could scroll like a mobile phone. That would actually be fun. But I guess you should really keep such a thing clean.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

dkj posted:

There are studies that are saying sugar has an even worse effect on your blood pressure than salt does.

Also excitement, fun and emotions in general. Best cut all of that out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Good: I've found how those five times father-hosed cricket bastards are getting into the apartment.
Bad: it's through a gap in the frame of my bedroom window, that the owners have been kicking the can down the road on replacing for close to a decade now. Which is right by my headboard when I'm in bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypzfsySqhxo

Can't you just put duct tape over that hole?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You could always just use 10 different USB sticks, plugged into a multi-USB port with individual on/off switches

:v:

That's a stupid, but genuinely workable solution to a stupid problem. I approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This great feeling of anticipation as you wait is the gift!
Imagine, right now the gift could be anything. If you actually get it, it can only drain the infinite ocean of possibilities..