Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
My bus to work in the morning is often a few minutes late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

People quote long image posts so when I'm browsing on my phone I have to scroll through them all a second or even third time.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Awful on my phone sorts my bookmarked threads by new replies but desktop SALR for chrome doesn't.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

baram. posted:

I bought GTA5 last night hoping to play after work today. At 60gb for the download I had just enough time between then and when I get home from work to play. I woke up this morning and their lovely download manager locked up at ~20gb, so it's not gonna finish until it's almost bed time now.

I preloaded the 60gb and the game unlocked 24 hours ago but between work, sleep, gym and social life I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Overminty posted:

You mean the 'Display threads with new posts first' check box under forum display options?

Well I'll be, that worked a treat. Thank you! When I posted about this in the SALR thread I was told it couldn't be done :confused:

New problem: I have one less thing to complain about

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have to go to the doctor (which is gonna cost like 100$) to get refills on medicine (which is gonna cost like 150$) which both he and I know I need to take for pretty much the rest of my life.

The good news is I only have to go like twice a year, but the bad news is I have to go like twice a year and that's annoying <:mad:>

I have a lifelong condition that requires medication but my (first world) government provides it for free. :smug:

My FWP is that I still have to go all the way to the pharmacy to get it. At least I can order refills online though.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Name them One, Two, Three...

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I'm waiting for a delivery. They'd said it would be here two hours ago which I thought was optimistic but I'm annoyed it isn't here yet.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I occasionally watch minecraft videos on YouTube and it drives me crazy that pretty much every one is by somebody who can't pronounce words like 'sieve' or 'excavator'. The only other videos are by literal children.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I want to go see Jurassic World but I don't want to sit in a packed movie theatre and it's turned out to be incredibly popular.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Agricola Frigidus posted:

My cellphone screen broke slightly, and I've ordered a new one which ended up at my mother's adress. Contemplating buying another new phone to cross the three-day gap.

I ordered a new sim card which ended up at my parents' address when it wasn't even on my record.

nexus6 has a new favorite as of 15:16 on Jun 18, 2015

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Poldarn posted:

I would pay an extra $10 to watch a movie with no commercials during the "pre-show" or before the trailers.

Just turn up 30 minutes late

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

We connected a chromecast to the TV in the office but my phone won't detect it. I have no reason to use it, don't own one myself and have no intention of getting one but it irritates me that I can't connect.

I've read that using the TV USB port might not be supplying enough power, but if that's the case how exactly is it 'wireless' if you have to plug it into the mains to use it?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

When I go out with my friends they like to complain about their jobs or bosses or the job market in general but I enjoy my job so I can't join in the conversation.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

Aww there's always something to bitch about. I enjoy my job but if it gets extremely busy (Tech Support Call Centre) then I still bitch about it when/if it quietens down because that is kinda annoying.

That's true, but I have a job in an industry I'm interested in that I studied for. My friends have jobs they took just to make rent.

Also, it drives me nuts when they get mad they don't just get offered jobs that they want.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

Similarly, ever since I got a job I love with a great salary, I feel like I can't commiserate with friends anymore. It's probably weird that my friendships were/are so heavily based on commiseration anyway though.

Continuing this theme, I just got approached out of the blue by a better company looking to hire me for a better job. I don't even need to look for and apply for new jobs anymore.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

I just bought my first home, and my dad was nice enough to give me a free lawn mower.

It sucks, though. The charge doesn't last long enough to mow even my relatively small lawn.. It can't even do it on two charges. Three...three god-damned charges of the battery to mow one lawn.

Also, the bag is tiny and I have to empty it five times, but I have nowhere to really put it or a way to get rid of it so I have a slowly growing pile of clippings.

It's free, so I shouldn't complain, but I'd rather have a mower that can finish the whole lawn in one day, and just had a regular blower that left a small amount of grass on the lawn that becomes unnoticeable after a couple days.

Also, it's width is like twelve inches, whereas an average mower is closer to 20".

My parents gave me a vacuum cleaner for free and
  • It does a terrible job picking up cat hair
  • the cord has been pulled out too far so it doesn't reel back in
  • the detachable part has a terrible seal so it keeps falling apart on its own
  • one of the attachments is missing
but it is bagless and was free

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I'm on vacation with my folks and I won't get home until after 10pm on Sunday and I have to go back to work on Monday so there's no time to sit around and play video games.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I bought a new phone and now I need to set up my icons and widgets the way I like them.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Goons aren't posting fast enough in the threads I've bookmarked.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

drgnwr1 posted:

Order from a reputable online store (newegg) and if any of your worries happen, they are really good about getting it fixed fast.

Yeah, then all you have to worry about it loving up putting it together :v:

My FWP is getting cheques because it's the only reason I still have to physically go to a bank and none of the branches of my bank are conveniently close to me. Last time I went out of my way it was closed for 'staff training'.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Your bank doesn't have an app that allows mobile deposit?

Or at least use an ATM to deposit it, so it wouldn't matter if it's closed.

I'm not in the US. You can pay cheques by feeding them into an ATM? Unless I've not been paying attention I don't think that's an option in the UK.

Brightman posted:

Just watch plenty of youtube tutorials for any step you're worried about. Hell, the last computer I built the loving heatsink had QR codes that linked to videos that showed how to do each individual step. Also i don't know if you've posted your build in the PC Part Picking thread in SH/SC but doing so might help ease your mind.

Seconding this. I build my first PC about a year ago and the documentation that came with the parts was useless, some diagrams were smaller than a postage stamp for detailing how to connect things to the motherboard. Thankfully most things are pretty standardized nowadays and there's no shortage of YT videos showing how it all fits together.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

My left ear is blocked and I can't hear out of it properly. I don't usually care about listening to people but I like having the option.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I get irritated when people think my username is a reference to a smartphone.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I invited a few friends over for Halloween just for movies and games. Now a bunch of other people I like have told me they have nothing to do.

So now I'm going to have a house full of cool people but I might not have enough ciiiiiider!

I'm going to a Halloween party tonight for movies and games and I certainly hope there's enough cider.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I get paranoid everytime an attractive woman views my online dating profile because I think it's obviously a scammer and not a real person.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Problem solved.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

Except I pretty much need avatars to keep people straight. Must easier to glance at an avatar than to have to read a name.

I either don't care too much about who individual SA posters are or use the SALR extension to highlight individual posters. Beats looking at the dumb newbie avs or anime/cat avs all the time.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Brightman posted:

Got any stats on that? I mean if we check the Steam Hardware Survey it does look like most people are at least rocking Intel and Nvidia, and the popular options (but not overall majority) for other things are adequate for running a lot of games, except vram, that's sorely lacking. Most popular amount is just a gig, almost a quarter of the stats above that are just 2 gigs of vram which is sorta pushing it.

What's the last game you played at launch that "just work" as you put it? I have an i7-4790k, 16 gigs of ram, 970 gtx and still had to twiddle with Fallout's inis, because regardless of being able to run it at a solid 60 at max settings, the fov was still 80 with forced mouse acceleration. Is PC the best? Unquestionably. Is it perfect? gently caress. No.

FWP: My Roomba showed up but I can't find the loving goggly eyes I had set aside for it so now I can't laugh at it as easily while it cleans my floors.

I think this is less a 'pc gaming is bad' complaint and more a 'bethesda makes buggy games' complaint. More precisely 'Fallout 4 was buggy on release ergo all PC games released have to have the last 2% coded by the gamer in order to even run'.

My FWP is there are too many mods for Fallout New Vegas that I want to install.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

FWP: we have too much stuff and I am the only one keeping the house clean and after a few days I just can't anymore and it gets worse until the "gently caress I don't care" breaks and I clean it up again.

:smith::hf::smith:

Right with you man, I really ought to save up for a Roomba

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I ordered Christmas presents for my family on Amazon and because I have Prime they told me the guaranteed delivery date would be Friday 4th so I set the office as the delivery address. There was a delay in the shipping and Amazon don't deliver to businesses on non-business days so I had to wait until yesterday (Monday 7th) to get them.

It's three weeks until Christmas and I'm concerned other Prime orders I make might be delayed too but the whole reason I got Prime was to have guaranteed and speedy deliveries.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

I just prefer gas. Electric never seems to get quite hot enough, especially for stir-fries and the like, which we eat a lot of. Plus the stove that's down there is about half the size of our current one.

Plus you have to wait for it to heat up while fire is already hot.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Smartphone app interfaces appear to have been designed for right handed people and as a left-handed person it's really annoying when I press the wrong thing.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I put on my shoes and went to check the mail (it's been rainy) and I got an orange card in that says COME GET YOUR poo poo, so I got ready and grabbed my wallet and was all set to go, and then I checked a box that was delivered on Sunday and realized THAT WAS THE DELIVERY BOX, so basically I got ready and put on pants and all that jazz for what amounts to no reason :smith:

Around this time last year I got a red card through the door saying 'We tried to deliver you something but you weren't in'. After two failed attempts to re-deliver (they never even tried) I got two buses on a rainy December morning to the depot because I thought I was getting a Christmas present or something.

Turns out it was a letter from my letting agents telling me my rent was going up. :smith:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I opened the Awful app on my phone and instead of going to the bookmarked thread list like usual it loaded the full board list and the FYAD title has changed to a Star Wars spoiler.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I got a large amount of money in a cheque from my grandmother for Christmas. My mother said she'd put it somewhere safe and now she's lost it.

I know it can be cancelled and reissued if we don't find it but I was going to cash it tomorrow. Now I've got deal with arguments and watch them unpack every bag.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Sweet As Sin posted:

My job is sending me to Disney World for a week but I have to make my own reservations and if I have to listen once more to "It's a little world" stupid song I might kill someone

"It's a small world"

:goonsay:

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I think my new shower door got installed backwards but the I didn't have to pay for it, the landlord did, so...

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I don't know if I have a curse or a terrible super power but I have to eat toast the moment it pops out the toaster otherwise it cools to room temperature in about 3 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I bought a Nintendo DS on eBay that didn't come with a charger. It arrived on Tuesday but the charger I bought probably won't arrive until tomorrow so I've had a DS sitting doing nothing for days and I just want to play Mario Kart.